Black Market Auction House

Huntah06

Recommendation - Black Market Auction House

I think it would be pretty cool to see an in-person black market house. The event would be at a set time once a day, or once every other day. It can either be like how the current events are to where you are teleported there, or it can be a temporary safe zone to prevent people grieving, stealing, etc. At the black market, it could offer illegal items such as; rpgs, illegal vehicles that may not normally be obtained through the market, illegal substances, etc. This might be very far off, but it also could also introduce ways able to purchase keys with in-game currency, at a very high price of course but that is just an idea. You can also maybe add a mystery item, where the player won't know what he/she will get until they win the bid. Below I’ve gone into detail of the rules associated with it if you are still interested. I thought the Auction House could be a good idea for players that don't have a gang to get harder to come by gear or maybe even get gear only obtainable via the Black Market Auction House.

Safe Zone Black Market AH Rules

• While in the green zone you must not ram into, steal, or tamper with in any way towards another person's vehicle.

• While the Black Market is not in session, it is no longer a safe zone. After the Black Market has finished there shall be a 5 minute grace period to leave, after that standard initiation rules can apply. 

• While there is an active Black Market event, you shall not run into the green zone to avoid combat, police, etc.

• You must land helicopters in the appropriate landing spots provided by the Auction House, and you shall not hover over the Auction House for any period of time. 

• You must park your land vehicles in the appropriate parking spots provided by the Auction House, and you can not block anyone else's car from being able to leave. 

Those are just some examples of what the rules can be, I’ve seen servers have it set up to where they disable gun fire from the weapons, lockpicks, etc. but that can be too much from a coding standpoint. I think it would be easier to have it formatted to be a teleport style event, to where the player will teleport there with no weapons/vehicles/etc. and once the event has been completed they will be teleported away. From there, the server can offer multiple Auction House collection locations that they can go to at any time and collect their earnings. There is a lot more to talk about on this idea, if people/staff are genuinely interested I don’t mind going more into depth. 

Thank you for your consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to what obi said, I couldn't think of enough unique items to make it worth the effort.
Selling Orca's/Ifrits at the auction house is pointless as no one is going to bid higher than the price to just buy it instantly at rebel.

Which leaves us with hard to get items (Zafir/Cop Vests/Medic stuff) its just not enough variety.

Historically we don't give away donor items for ingame cash. I dont know the specifics of asylum finances but from the outside i can understand not giving away our only source of revenue for free.