house retention program

snackbar

Logging in once every 30 days is too ez. There is tons of good houses being horded by people who don't even average 1 hour over last 3 months. Maybe some sort of middle ground where you could not play a lot one month but if you go a few months just logging in maybe you lose one house a month at random every 2 months you don't average 3 hours

On 3/15/2023 at 6:30 PM, snackbar said:

Logging in once every 30 days is too ez. There is tons of good houses being horded by people who don't even average 1 hour over last 3 months. Maybe some sort of middle ground where you could not play a lot one month but if you go a few months just logging in maybe you lose one house a month at random every 2 months you don't average 3 hours

No. People have lives and should lose their houses cuz of this. I say if they don’t have 30+hrs in 6months would be more ethical 

2 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

No. People have lives and should lose their houses cuz of this. I say if they don’t have 30+hrs in 6months would be more ethical 

Going by <time within 6 months> could be bad because what if that person isn't on for 5 months. At all. The houses they own just sit there untouched for almost half a year. Then the final month they get 30 hours in and then disappear for another 5 months. Then you're in an even worse situatiuon that OP suggested (being over 3+ months with no playtime). I dont think thats a healthy situation either unfortunately. Keep that in mind. They also could just hop on civ and afk for majority of those hours too. They could do that already of course.

snackbar likes this

I feel like this is one of -those- issues where there are solutions that sound great but so many challenges that make it really complicated. Principal of which, some people step away from the PC for long periods of time - military deployments, health issues, stuff like that. What is/isn't an acceptable reason not to play arma 3 roleplay game? Who will govern that? How will you verify the integrity of peoples' claims?

If you set a bare minimum then people will just log on and AFK just enough to meet that minimum, I don't think it's gonna have some revolutionary effect.

IMO, with the few extreme examples that I've heard about where this stuff is going on with sheds/v good location houses and has been for many many months, it may just require someone taking the plunge and just taking it and auctioning it off, returning the proceeds to the original owner. Yeah they will cry but it's on them. And if they are active enough they can win their own house back in the auction.

Sandwich, Donald, snackbar and 2 others like this

get a log requirement, seems pretty easy to find out who's still playing and who is just logging in to sit afk in their house for 30min, keep the 1 month rule.

- I volunteer to check every person who's been logging on just to keep their houses 🙂

On 3/20/2023 at 7:27 AM, Chris Peacock said:

issues, get ur priorities straight if u cant log in for half a year

Maybe there should be like a certain amount of activities in the server needed per month. Like must either spend or gain 100k and if they are close the admin/volunteer that checks each player would send them a dm via discord or the forums or both to inform them they have x amount of days to spend y amount of money

but if ur gonna do this I say increase it to 2 months

manhua likes this

This has been an on going issue for prob about a year since it was originally posted on the forums. 

Here’s the main issue with this and this is me thinking from a devs POV 

The coding aspect to create a program that can go through the player base and wipe them clean of all their properties just looks insane and no guarantee that they won’t fuck up the server or other players progress. 

Hiring players - “House watchers” can take advantage of this, they delete a players shed or house and then 10 mins later they’re scrambling a humming bird to b line it over there.. Or they mention it to a buddy “Hey theirs a free shed in kavala go grab it for me” and then how does an admin prove that he’s just taking advantage of it? What if a player has health, service or a tornado goes through their place? They have to put in a AR report? 

AR- “Hey theirs a tornado in my town just writing this out in case I loose my IRL house. Prob won’t be back for a month” 

Extending time- i don’t even have to explain this as @Sandwichdid a great job at it based off this post 👍🏽

Thank you all for submitting ideas and I say this with love but sometime I get a brain aneurysm from reading some of the dumbest ideas… No offense but clearly every idea in the book has been thought out by devs and nothing has been done, Bc it’s just very unlikely they can implement something that evolves around this subject and not mess things up or waste time as a whole 

Now that’s not to say it won’t happen but i doubt it UNLESS we have a C++ coder that can whip up a program that can do all of this and give @Ronaldhis tea and crumpets 

Donald and Sandwich like this