Rebel Input

Nuvo

I think we should take 3 guys from each gang to get together with the developers and vote on changes and additions that the devs come up with that way the guys who play rebel everyday have a say on if it would be benefiting the servers gang life or hurting it.  Give every gang 3 days to vote if no one replies from the 3 different people the vote doesn’t count and falls to the other votes submitted. And vice versa rebels submit an idea and a majority of the devs can vote yes or no if the don’t vote the vote goes away. That way not just one dev can shut down someone’s idea and instantly deny and mute the suggestion post and not just one gang can make constant changes. That or just make a poll on the forums every time there’s a big change and not just add things without anyones input. At least think about it before you instantly deny this. 

I think you’re confused on what the suggestion forum is for, hear me out but it’s to make suggestions.

If you have an opinion on a suggestion voice it on the page, instead of making thirty posts whining about the same thing like a petulant child.

If you stop making stupid suggestions people may be more likely to support and approve it.

We've been on this road before, `Community Council` was the exact thing you are mentioning. Every single time it shows that the idea clearly doesn't work it either turns inactive or letting rebels in on big changes end up in people using that information as an advantage in the long run and we are not planning on going down that road again.

We think about every post that comes through and talk about it internally if deemed necessary, there is absolutely no `targeting` on gangs posts of who gets to be approved or whatever. I personally don't even know what gangs roam around the server these days besides the usual and definitely do not intend on looking up everyone who makes a post to see what gang they are in to base opinions off that (thats ludicrous for you to even think that btw).

Posts that get denied are thought over by staff and if your suggestion has been denied we have reasons for it, either its a dumb idea, completely unbalanced, doesn't have enough information / not well thought out, we see more issues then possibilities with it or something completely different.

Deal with it

Sandwich likes this
2 hours ago, Nuvo said:

I think we should take 3 guys from each gang to get together with the developers and vote on changes and additions that the devs come up with that way the guys who play rebel everyday have a say on if it would be benefiting the servers gang life or hurting it.  Give every gang 3 days to vote if no one replies from the 3 different people the vote doesn’t count and falls to the other votes submitted. And vice versa rebels submit an idea and a majority of the devs can vote yes or no if the don’t vote the vote goes away. That way not just one dev can shut down someone’s idea and instantly deny and mute the suggestion post and not just one gang can make constant changes. That or just make a poll on the forums every time there’s a big change and not just add things without anyones input. At least think about it before you instantly deny this. 

Its interesting to me that somehow the developers simultaneously don't play and are so disconnected from the server that we aren't capable of talking to players, gathering feedback from staff/APD/Rebels/AFD/BH/Kavala rats/general civilians to make decisions. But somehow play enough to have a vendetta against a single gang and target them. 

The whole idea of the suggestion page was to get a final Yes/No after a well thought-out and detailed post was made. When we had civilian councils in the past conversations went no-where or were strung out over months and left without a real answer as to why they were denied (Or more often forgot). Additionally the suggestion page allows ALL players and not just an elite 2-3 people from special snowflake groups to have input. I think we do a fairly good job of reviewing every single suggestion and responding appropriately as a group.

Once a decision has been made you can resubmit the suggestion with additions/edits to make the idea work. But we can't be constantly looking at 1000 suggestions for a single new reply and re-evaluate our position on the idea

Frankly I find your attitude towards the developers counter-productive. 5 posts in 2 days bashing developers. Most of your perceptions about the way things work on the development team are just flat out false. 

And to address gang boat.
A post was made Wednesday on the forums about it being broken (This was the first i had even heard of an issue being had). I responded with a joke having no idea it was actually broken as no report was made. Within 8 hours of a bug report being made it was fixed on development. Unfortunately this was Friday and we have not yet had an opportunity to push a patch to the live server due to high population when one of us with the ability to patch is around

thanos-i-dont-know.gif

Witz, Austin M, Sandwich and 1 other like this