Swat Evading Possible Solution

curley

Recently with the uptick in fed events its become more and more apparent that certain groups will start feds with 1-2 people and have 10 more show up in an orca a minute later. If possible could it be made so that either...

-- Each fed event has a designated amount of swat slots

-- swat pops after a certain number of civs are detected near the fed if it doesn't pop immediately 

-- a baseline of 3 slots per fed event and increased slots if there are a larger number of civs

-- have a time mid event where it recalculated how many people are there to allow for slots

I have been made aware that swat evading is exploiting however its difficult to prove from a cop perspective of it because by the time we do our first push the whole gang is there

Edited by curley
Yuki Hayami and Sandwich like this

We are aware of certain issues with the way we calculate SWAT deployments and are working towards resolutions that would solve this issue.

SWAT has mechanics to avoid certain types of evasion. I obviously can't disclose in depth the ways we do this.

However i think its important to understand the perspective of all groups involved. IE if i and 4 friends begin bank and the cops outnumber us 2-1. SWAT shouldn't pop. Now if an additional group with 5 people attempt to roach us, while the APD might be even numbered and from their perspective SWAT should pop. My groups perspective is that we just got screwed even harder as now we have to fight 5 roaches and a buffed APD. 

The scenario's that play out at federal events are highly dynamic and its hard to have code interpret fights as they happen and instantly decide if SWAT deployment is warranted. Especially given the vastly different tools and perks each APD rank has at their disposal.

Its can also be difficult to gauge APD strength as when a federal event starts it can be hard to differentiate between an officer soft logging to deploy to a fight and an officer just flat out logging off. IE 10 officers vs 3 rebels. 8 log off to softlog leaving 2 online. If i just go "Oh look 2v3 lets pop swat" then 8 cops log back on i can't really take back my SWAT popping. 

SWAT should be deployed in scenarios where APD are in-need of a buff. Having a baseline always swat pop is something we can explore but we have to remember Rebels are intended to be stronger in terms of gear as APD officers have substantially faster respawn & re-gear to get back in a fight. 

Mayhem, Kernikov, Sandwich and 1 other like this

Maybe have swat training officers have a button they can press at PD or mobile to activate x amount of swat slots. So probably a SGT  plus thing but definitely a LT and captain thing for sure.

This other option could be good to. For fed events with LT's and captains on. Like mental or a real fed. The captains could grant slightly better guns and armor. Like a constable getting the promet MR for example. A corp getting the SGT's 150 round drum mag. A cadet getting an MX.

Or we could include a juggernaut type police swat Heavy armor and big guns mk1 or LMG. However only 2 or 3 slots could be picked and APD officers have to vote on said player (They cannot vote for themselves) Would encourage a bit of teamwork. A balance of it could be that a constable or corporal has to be one of the jugs while Captains cannot. Only one LT could get it ect.

Just a couple wack ideas. I use to play back in the day of CEO of fed. So i know how events can be cop sided and sometimes not at all.
Also as an APD officer. Sometimes it was really fucking annoying to do fed event after fed event after fed event. I kinda wanna just roleplay with some people and when its the same people doing the feds it gets boring.

These options could help with the officers who give 2 lives and give up. While yes somedays i do that too. Sometimes i want to fight it more. Maybe if all officers have given their 2 lives and no luck then any of the above can be done.

I would absolutely love to have a real convo about this.

Ashoka Vadana likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 4:53 AM, Yuki Hayami said:

Maybe have swat training officers have a button they can press at PD or mobile to activate x amount of swat slots. So probably a SGT  plus thing but definitely a LT and captain thing for sure.

This other option could be good to. For fed events with LT's and captains on. Like mental or a real fed. The captains could grant slightly better guns and armor. Like a constable getting the promet MR for example. A corp getting the SGT's 150 round drum mag. A cadet getting an MX.

Or we could include a juggernaut type police swat Heavy armor and big guns mk1 or LMG. However only 2 or 3 slots could be picked and APD officers have to vote on said player (They cannot vote for themselves) Would encourage a bit of teamwork. A balance of it could be that a constable or corporal has to be one of the jugs while Captains cannot. Only one LT could get it ect.

Just a couple wack ideas. I use to play back in the day of CEO of fed. So i know how events can be cop sided and sometimes not at all.
Also as an APD officer. Sometimes it was really fucking annoying to do fed event after fed event after fed event. I kinda wanna just roleplay with some people and when its the same people doing the feds it gets boring.

These options could help with the officers who give 2 lives and give up. While yes somedays i do that too. Sometimes i want to fight it more. Maybe if all officers have given their 2 lives and no luck then any of the above can be done.

I would absolutely love to have a real convo about this.

One of the key points of SWAT is to get MK's in the hand of regular officers when the higher ups arn't around. Needing a SGT/LT around to hit a button is a pass. 
We already see alot of "Fed event shopping" aka looking to see what ranks are online before doing an event. Knowing a captain is online and instantly every single rank gets a "promotion" with no code governing its use is a no.

Higher-ups dont have ESP (I hope) and i find they may mis-judge the situation and the force they are fighting. Introducing their own subjective discretion when to deploy swat is a bad idea and its better to be a code governed tool so players get a more consistent gameplay experience