Night

+1 im not sure why its not already a thing. The whole immersion argument is kinda stupid IMO. Just create a setting where they can turn it off it they want it off. And just to add to it Anzus a full hard roleplay server has brighter nights so the whole roleplay aspect doesnt make sense. Night time can look good if its bright sky where you dont have to use night vison 

Djmon and Chris Peacock like this

+1 ive been saying this for years!

The whole roleplay aspect of the argument is just outright stupid. I have a setting on my phone to turn on kill notifications, or turn them off, so why is it any different with bright night? The issue of NVGs is mainly with cartel fights so just add an option so that when I'm fighting on OG I don't get 3rd degree burns in my eyes from shooting my MK. If people in Kavala want the night sky darker than the Mariana trench then they can have that 

Chris Peacock and Djmon like this
34 minutes ago, operatorjohnny^ said:

+1 ive been saying this for years!

The whole roleplay aspect of the argument is just outright stupid. I have a setting on my phone to turn on kill notifications, or turn them off, so why is it any different with bright night? The issue of NVGs is mainly with cartel fights so just add an option so that when I'm fighting on OG I don't get 3rd degree burns in my eyes from shooting my MK. If people in Kavala want the night sky darker than the Mariana trench then they can have that 

Cope

Bandit and Defragments like this
11 minutes ago, operatorjohnny^ said:

You are the only one who is against it. You barely play the server. Please get off the forums and get a life.

I've played more than you have, sonny. Why would I get off the forums? I like this server and game. "Get a life" is so og as well, nice one

Truthfully, nighttime SHOULD last much much longer. It's fun. It adds a different element to combat when it is dark and when there are lights. Fuck off to KOTH if all you wanna do is run into capture circles in the daytime 24/7

16 minutes ago, Defragments said:

I've played more than you have, sonny. Why would I get off the forums? I like this server and game. "Get a life" is so og as well, nice one

Truthfully, nighttime SHOULD last much much longer. It's fun. It adds a different element to combat when it is dark and when there are lights. Fuck off to KOTH if all you wanna do is run into capture circles in the daytime 24/7

Or you can keep your NVGs and screen green since its your preference, and the others can enable bright night to fit their preference. This way we can cater to all :). Other life servers already have bright night enabled. Can you please explain what the cons are to having bright night as an option to enable?

all im getting is that your immersion is going to be ruined but as @Donald said:

4 hours ago, Donald said:

The people crying about “muh immersion” use full screen NVG’s and play in 3rd person. Where’s the immersion in that?

15 minutes ago, Junker said:

Or you can keep your NVGs and screen green since its your preference, and the others can enable bright night to fit their preference. This way we can cater to all :). Other life servers already have bright night enabled. Can you please explain what the cons are to having bright night as an option to enable?

all im getting is that your immersion is going to be ruined but as @Donald said:

Thats a pretty disingenuous. Much like full screen NVG's you will either use it or be at an obvious disadvantage. even if you prefer one over the other.

Defragments likes this
5 hours ago, Defragments said:

Denied. Pls stop trying to band your merry dogs together to make a post seem popular.

Vocal minority.

Except the playstyle of the server has completely changed. we have a monthly event based around fighting and nobody except you enjoys fighting with NVG's

14 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

Except the playstyle of the server has completely changed. we have a monthly event based around fighting and nobody except you enjoys fighting with NVG's

3 hours ago, MoLu. said:

Maybe I'll make a suggestion, like you guys. Mine will be "Ban players from Asylum Development Suggestions that repeatedly suggest denied ideas."

Just now, Chris Peacock said:

i know your so ignorant to change... but it happens 

If they wanna give you that on Dom, they can. I couldn't care less about that cesspit.

I want change. I want much longer nights and I think I want it to be so dark that you can't see without a light or NVG's at all now. Idk why you're so scared of the dark in a game anyway. I've never felt like I had to bitch and cry for the devs to change it at any point, and I've played here since like 2014 or so. You know when it was okay to complain about night back then?

If you saw this.
574b70feec7a148b08f46e724fefa694.jpg

If nighttime looks anything like this, you can complain.

Just now, Defragments said:

If they wanna give you that on Dom, they can. I couldn't care less about that cesspit.

I want change. I want much longer nights and I think I want it to be so dark that you can't see without a light or NVG's at all now. Idk why you're so scared of the dark in a game anyway. I've never felt like I had to bitch and cry for the devs to change it at any point, and I've played here since like 2014 or so. You know when it was okay to complain about night back then?

If you saw this.
574b70feec7a148b08f46e724fefa694.jpg

If nighttime looks anything like this, you can complain.

looks like the devs are taking steps in the right direction. time to take the next one. 

4 minutes ago, Defragments said:

Well that was Bohemia Interactive devs, not Asylum. But yeah they did fix it.

1 minute ago, Defragments said:

I think you meant to say "I don't understand you". Which is not my problem. See ya

u admitted it was a fix? so the step in the next direction is to remove it all together.... especially on a server like asylum

So, the reason why it's so horrendous for a majority of players is that we have our saturation set to 200%. If you play at 100% it's actually more manageable in terms of muzzle flash etc. It's not a perfect solution but we're the ones who choose to up our settings like that when it isn't the default.

On 5/8/2023 at 1:43 PM, Jr4life24 said:

So, the reason why it's so horrendous for a majority of players is that we have our saturation set to 200%. If you play at 100% it's actually more manageable in terms of muzzle flash etc. It's not a perfect solution but we're the ones who choose to up our settings like that when it isn't the default.

I enjoy when my daytime gameplay doesn’t look like I’m running around on a monitor that has just a grey blank screen on it

• 2 weeks later...

It's not that deep. This is such a stupid thing to argue over.

Just make the nights brighter who cares. On other servers with this enabled it's still plenty dark and the need for NVG's is sometimes still needed. All this does is make it where I can actually see what the fucking I'm shooting at when it's night time. The experience is 1000% better for all party's involved including the role-players (A hard RP server uses it, don't use the bullshit immersion argument).

3 hours ago, skimancole said:

It's not that deep. This is such a stupid thing to argue over.

Just make the nights brighter who cares. On other servers with this enabled it's still plenty dark and the need for NVG's is sometimes still needed. All this does is make it where I can actually see what the fucking I'm shooting at when it's night time. The experience is 1000% better for all party's involved including the role-players (A hard RP server uses it, don't use the bullshit immersion argument).

this.... its a QOL change. 90% of the playerbase agrees

operatorjohnny^ likes this