New Fed Event?

I have very little faith in this suggestion's approval, but let me cook anyway.

Overall Idea:

I suggest a new Federal Event centered around a National Guard/Military logistics depot where rebels aim to raid it and the APD defends and counter-attacks it.

Specifics:

- As for the location of this event, I suggest the Northeastern tip of Altis (around the Galana Nera Bay). It's mountainous, far-enough from both rebel outposts and police HQs, and opens many possibilities for getaways.

- The Depot itself should consist of two sections: a communications post and the depot.

- Rebels would need a Trojan USB or something similar to basically disable the comms post as the first stage of this event, and this will trigger the alarm (but for plot purposes, will remove the base's ability to radio in the military).

- The event should require a minimum of 8 officers, who will be given the opportunity to deploy once or twice into the depot as a first line of defense when the depot's comms are disabled (similar to the first stage of the Evidence Lockup).

- The Depot should be located 400-500m away from the comms post to allow for an actual armored push against defending cops. This should also allow for some medium-range battles.

- If the rebels are able to reach the depot itself, they must set a drill on a dome and wait a 10 minute period. Once it opens, they will have access to military-grade weapons in a container and vehicles (of course, nothing that is not present on Asylum).

- I think that the "reward" weapons should include 5-10 grenades, 2-3 RPGs, potentially a Zafir, Mk1s, AK-12s, Type-115s,  etc. Of course magazines and optics. I am certainly not bothered about exactly what/how many weapons are put within the container. Based on the developers' discretion this value should definitely increase/decrease.

- It would also be nice to have "reward" vehicles. Maybe an armed vehicle and one armored vehicle would add a nice dimension to the getaway process.

- Maybe cap this to once per restart/twice per day?

More Info/Explanation:

- The comms post shouldn't consist of more than two deerstands, a command center, and a radio tower. The fighting will not be centered around it, but it could be used as a staging area for pushes and counter-pushes.

- The depot should be a mid-sized base (I can provide an editor-built example if need be, I just don't want to spend time on something that will get denied). Dome in the center, multiple escape routes, maybe some broken-down houses around it to provide cover for attackers.

The APD is very militarized. It should be quite interesting to pit them against a rebel push and then reverse these roles in a place where air, land, and sea can be used as approaches. Stealing weapons should be enough of an incentive for rebels to want to fight cops in a perfect balance between the static banks and the dynamic shipping heists. Plus, this type of event will reward thinking outside of the box, as planes, boats, or the reward vehicles themselves can be used to extract weapons. Plus, it is not pure CQC like the start of the Evidence Lockup, which gives both sides to plan out attacking and defensive strategies.

Very happy to change anything if it works better, and again, no high hopes for this to be accepted. Just wanted to throw an idea out there.

Edited by Pladimir Vutin
MarchingBands, Stretch and snoop like this
12 hours ago, Patato said:

Isn't this evidence lockup?

Similar in concept but not based off what the cops seize - also purely guns and more spread out in terms of distance.

I mean the jewelry and the mental asylum are pretty much the exact same thing, the setting and payout are the only real differences. Yet it's cool to notice how different it is to fight one that's set in the outskirts of a city while the other is remote. I'm honestly not tryna revolutionize Fed Events through this, but thought it would be interesting to make a purely weapons-based heist and have it in more open ground (as opposed to the closed-off evidence lockup). Also, cops will defend against a motorized and armored push, while in evidence I feel like it's just cops and rebels fighting on either side of a wall.

Ofc if it's too similar then I'm not gonna push for it. Just thought that the setting, decently low rewards, and more dynamic move from phase one to phase two would make for some interesting fights.

Edited by Pladimir Vutin