Tracking device checker/remover

Would the ability to check for and possibly remove tracking devices from vehicles you have stolen be a good idea? It should have a progress bar and take a little bit of time. So you have to be in the clear to actually remove one. If you steal a vehicle and manage to escape with it, I think you should be able to use a tool of some sort to do this. The tool can either be kind of expensive and be reuseable, or be a little cheaper and one time use.

Edited by Defragments
Mayhem likes this
7 minutes ago, Defragments said:

If it's a progress bar that takes as long to use as a repair kit then I don't think it should fail. 

Checking for the tracking device should just be an instant thing though. Like when police check vehicle ownership. 

To be fair us checking vehicle ownership makes sense. But I dont like the idea of people being able to remove my trackers. Some federal events get pretty hectic and suddenly my ifrit is no longer at bank.

38 minutes ago, Austin M said:

To be fair us checking vehicle ownership makes sense. But I dont like the idea of people being able to remove my trackers. Some federal events get pretty hectic and suddenly my ifrit is no longer at bank.

It wasn't really meant to be targeted against police. I don't mind if they make it not work against police vehicles.
I was just using the checking ownership thing as an example for how checking for a tracker could work. We won't be checking ownerships like this.

Although I don't see why police SHOULD be exempt from tracker removal. I think it should take a reasonable amount of time to remove a tracker. If I steal a vehicle and want to escape to wherever with it, I shouldn't be subjected to endless tracking and followed around forever. But if it helps the odds of this being added, it can somehow be made to not work against police.

Innate likes this
11 hours ago, Defragments said:

It wasn't really meant to be targeted against police. I don't mind if they make it not work against police vehicles.
I was just using the checking ownership thing as an example for how checking for a tracker could work. We won't be checking ownerships like this.

Although I don't see why police SHOULD be exempt from tracker removal. I think it should take a reasonable amount of time to remove a tracker. If I steal a vehicle and want to escape to wherever with it, I shouldn't be subjected to endless tracking and followed around forever. But if it helps the odds of this being added, it can somehow be made to not work against police.

That’s the whole point of a tracker. If you can just remove it in 30secs after u kill me there isn’t a point. 

Savage. and zdeat like this
42 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

That’s the whole point of a tracker. If you can just remove it in 30secs after u kill me there isn’t a point. 

Trackers should not be so powerful. And now with how easy they are to have on every vehicle you want without needing to manually add one, there definitely needs to be a counter to them.

5 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

i disagree... its not that op

Being able to track your vehicle forever with no way of you ever being able to lose the location of it is very strong. If you steal a vehicle, you should be able to check for trackers and remove trackers. It can be balanced to take some time so it isn't just an instant thing. It's not like everyone would just have the ability to do this all the time. An item that maybe has quite some weight, price and time to it would be fair.

Edited by Defragments
Just now, Austin M said:

If youre going through the hassle of removing it, I doubt they'd get it back in their garage.

I'm not sure what you are saying. It's not really a hassle if it can save you from getting chased across the map haha. I didn't plan on having it be a permanent removal. If your vehicle is stolen, it is stupid that with a tracker on it they will always know where you're at. If a group gets wiped by another, they should have a way to remove trackers. You'd be pretty vulnerable when removing one so it wouldn't be as simple as driving around a corner and quickly removing it.

Just now, Defragments said:

I'm not sure what you are saying. It's not really a hassle if it can save you from getting chased across the map haha. I didn't plan on having it be a permanent removal. If your vehicle is stolen, it is stupid that with a tracker on it they will always know where you're at. If a group gets wiped by another, they should have a way to remove trackers. You'd be pretty vulnerable when removing one so it wouldn't be as simple as driving around a corner and quickly removing it.

I meant to say it doesnt matter if its perm removal or not. Since if youre going to remove the tracker. Its probably getting chopped/bar gated

Just now, Austin M said:

I meant to say it doesnt matter if its perm removal or not. Since if youre going to remove the tracker. Its probably getting chopped/bar gated

Oh right. I mean yeah possibly. I did mean it more to make it more dangerous for people that are farming, doing drugs etc. I don't want no fools following me back to my house using a map tracker

• 2 weeks later...