Loud Speakers For Police Vehicles.

Canna

Besides the obvious fun we would have blasting music though the loud speakers (or not) I think this would present some very practical uses such as being able to directly initiate with a suspect in a crowded area such as Athera without having to hit the sirens causing the whole city to unfold on you or having to exit the vehicle which may be your only form of protection/cover.

I can even see times while on heli using it while chasing down subject.

Overall I see more + then - . After all...our primary weapon is our voice. Lets amplify it!

I don't really see a way to do this outside of pre-recorded messages, "Driver pull over" ect.
Just no clean way of projecting a voice outside of the car.

imo kind of cringe not sure who we would get to record the voice lines and it would never be "Specific" enough to aid in what your goal would be.

Yuki Hayami likes this
47 minutes ago, Patato said:

I don't really see a way to do this outside of pre-recorded messages, "Driver pull over" ect.

imo kind of cringe not sure who we would get to record the voice lines and it would never be "Specific" enough to aid in what your goal would be.

Make the resident voice over guy do it. @Sandwich

Sandwich and Yuki Hayami like this
2 hours ago, Patato said:

get this guy to do it

Yuki Hayami, Donald and GravL like this
4 hours ago, Patato said:

Is there a way to maybe write something, be it hot key or scroll wheel function that starts a 5-10 second voice recording. which gets transmitted like an effect but only to a set radius? I don't know if that makes since or not. but in my head you would scroll wheel "Use Public Address Systems." a notification would pop up saying start recording your message.  After time is up notification pops up. "Do you want to send? Press 8" (or whatever is easy) and when you press the button anyone in a 50m (or whatever) radius will get the message.

I'm no dev so idk what limits there are.

Yuki Hayami likes this
33 minutes ago, Canna said:

Is there a way to maybe write something, be it hot key or scroll wheel function that starts a 5-10 second voice recording. which gets transmitted like an effect but only to a set radius? I don't know if that makes since or not. but in my head you would scroll wheel "Use Public Address Systems." a notification would pop up saying start recording your message.  After time is up notification pops up. "Do you want to send? Press 8" (or whatever is easy) and when you press the button anyone in a 50m (or whatever) radius will get the message.

I'm no dev so idk what limits there are.

TLDR: Not possible to let you have your own voice lines.

First part would work up until you record your own message. (Its how sirens work) you are just replacing the siren with a voice line and not looping it.

Everything after that isn't possible. All Clients would have to have the audio file already. its impossible to record a voice line then upload it to their client to be played without a mod. Basically you would be forced to have someone record a bunch of voice lines. Put it in the mission file and play it when needed.

The only way you would have custom voice would be by essentially making a text to speech inside of arma 3 and no one here is going to do that.

Yuki Hayami likes this
8 hours ago, Patato said:

First part would work up until you record your own message. (Its how sirens work) you are just replacing the siren with a voice line and not looping it.

Everything after that isn't possible. All Clients would have to have the audio file already. its impossible to record a voice line then upload it to their client to be played without a mod. Basically you would be forced to have someone record a bunch of voice lines. Put it in the mission file and play it when needed.

The only way you would have custom voice would be by essentially making a text to speech inside of arma 3 and no one here is going to do that.

I do remember on Arma 2 Chernarus Life, police could press hotkeys to make play pre-recorded sounds over speakers. Like "Pull over" and some weird siren sounding thing. I have no idea how that worked though.

11 hours ago, Patato said:

Maybe you could use the same system as the phone, add everyone to a channel who is nearby, but only the cop can speak (maybe use the thing that disables sidechat microphones for all non-bluefor)

5 hours ago, Defragments said:

I do remember on Arma 2 Chernarus Life, police could press hotkeys to make play pre-recorded sounds over speakers. Like "Pull over" and some weird siren sounding thing. I have no idea how that worked though.

That's possible

2 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

Maybe you could use the same system as the phone, add everyone to a channel who is nearby, but only the cop can speak (maybe use the thing that disables sidechat microphones for all non-bluefor)

We don't have enough available channels for that. Even if i removed the current cell phone call system it only gives us 5 channels.

8 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

Honestly man just get out and initiate with voice or use texts if you guys really want to initiate on one guy. It's already in the game anyway so this suggestion isn't really necessary.