10% deposit when you list your house for sale

Defragments

34 minutes ago, Defragments said:

When you put your house up for sale, you must pay a 10% deposit that you will get back if it sells within the time limit. If not, the deposit is lost. If it sells, you get the deposit back.

Time limit can be a week, month, whatever devs think is a good time.

But why? It adds nothing

Just now, Defragments said:

Exactly. It takes money away though 🙂

Only if you don't manage to sell your house at least.

I personally like listing my houses that I wouldn’t mind losing overpriced asf to see if an idiot will buy it. I don’t like this suggestion. It’s just useless and will make the housing market even more closed

1 minute ago, Chris Peacock said:

I personally like listing my houses that I wouldn’t mind losing overpriced asf to see if an idiot will buy it. I don’t like this suggestion. It’s just useless and will make the housing market even more closed

Don't list your house for a price no one wants to buy it for then. Not a real brainteaser

In fact I suggested this to punish people that make money by just listing some random dog house for max price in the hopes it eventually sells.

It will help the housing market since people like you won't have much incentive to own a house you "wouldn't mind losing". Sell it to the market, sell it for a better price or use it.

3 minutes ago, Defragments said:

Don't list your house for a price no one wants to buy it for then. Not a real brainteaser

In fact I suggested this to punish people that make money by just listing some random dog house for max price in the hopes it eventually sells.

It will help the housing market since people like you won't have much incentive to own a house you "wouldn't mind losing". Sell it to the market, sell it for a better price or use it.

Well no I wouldn’t sell this house to market because I use it. But even though I use it I would give it up for the price I listed it for. It may be overpriced but if someone wants to pay me that…. Fine by me

1 minute ago, Defragments said:

You can't list houses for more than 5m. Try again.

Okay… I still wouldn’t be able to list it for 5mil and you can still sell shit for more than 5mil

If I’m a buyer and I tell you to list it for 5mil and then don’t buy it and nobody else does I just scammed u of 500k without really scamming u

I don't really see an issue with players leaving their houses on the market forever if they so choose.
Forums/Discord are a better place to actually sell a home if you're serious. I don't really have a problem with player's setting and forgetting their "I like this house but ill give it to you right now for $$$ number. It allows a player who REALLY wants a specific house to see what the buy it now price is without having to figure out who's house it is Ect Ect.

I don't think this one is worth spending development energy on (Even though i love money sinks)

Defragments likes this