I think the APD should get more armed vehicles such as

• MB 4WD 5.56 for APD - CPL+
  • Quillin 6.5 for SGT+
  • 50 Cal for LT+

Or we could bump it up a rank

• MB 4WD 5.56 for APD - SGT+
  • Qilin 6.5 for LT+
  • 50 Cal for Captain

Currently I don't really see any downside to this considering the APD already has the gunboat, In the grand scheme of things, armed vehicles are terrible in general and there is a reason why no one uses them. They could easily be added to the APD, and if any problems arise, Guidebook could be updated to only allow them in certain situations

• Defend HQ
  • To Disable/Destroy Helicopters/Armored vehicles
  • A Max number can be pulled for each situation

SGT+ Already has access to a Spar-16S so the MB 4WD would not really be such a bad idea (would allow lower ranked cops to be able to use a machine gun, but with the disadvantage of being stationary and a easy target)

Once upon a time the APD had 50CALS, I think its time to bring them back (or lower caliber versions)

Edited by Nicolas March
33 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

People use armed vehicles all the time. This might be the most retarded suggestion I’ve ever seen

I see one maybe once per couple weeks, and I rarely them succeed in killing anyone. Last time I saw the 5.56 vehicle was years ago so you can't even complain that it's op.

2 minutes ago, william said:

No thanks, last thing i want is @Austin M killing me on bank roof from 600m away in his 50 cal

You could easily make a guidebook rule against using it at a Federal Event. The main use for armed vehicles would be for HQ defence and against Orcas that auto hover with no fear of being shit down

14 minutes ago, Nicolas March said:

I see one maybe once per couple weeks, and I rarely them succeed in killing anyone. Last time I saw the 5.56 vehicle was years ago so you can't even complain that it's op.

You could easily make a guidebook rule against using it at a Federal Event. The main use for armed vehicles would be for HQ defence and against Orcas that auto hover with no fear of being shit down

The jeep is the only acceptable one I can see for sgt+ but everything else would be too op for officers

I don't think you quite understand the implications of what your adding here.
50cals were removed for a reason.

1 hour ago, Nicolas March said:

0 say in how the guidebook or APD is handled. 
APD still mad at us for reverting OP HQ/Nerfing Mobile HQ (Lol)

-The 50cal pens deer stands/Destroys buildings. For that reason alone its going to be a no on the 50cal. 
-Any armed vehicle heavily changes the equation of any pursuit
-I understand the frustration when getting orca/Ifrit dropped, Realistically SGT's/Cpls having mounted 5.56/Qilins doesn't change that. 

Armed boat, i see your argument. However a slow boat bobbing up and down in the easily seen water, which can only be pulled out at boat launch isn't really comparable to a light armored Qilin that can be pulled at any garage and go 160 down the road to then be sat inside a bush or behind a rock. The only events a boat can be effectively used at would be bank/prison. Any other armed vehicle could be parked a distance off with gun aimed at the exit of Jewelry emporium/mental asylum quite easily. 

That being said with a bit of APD cooperation via guidebook, I believe a Jeep could be seen, (I've argued for the jeep in the past). Especially at the LT level if they want to trade an MK for an exposed 5.56 on a vehicle that breaks when looked at wrong they can go ahead. My biggest concern was always the pursuit aspect of the vehicle. I don't imagine shipping robberys being very fun for rebels with an an armed qilin in play. Jeep 5.56 is probably fine as like you said the SPAR-16S exists already

On 5/22/2023 at 2:44 PM, Patato said:

believe a Jeep could be seen, (I've argued for the jeep in the past). Especially at the LT level

Give the LT’s another toy they won’t play with while the rest of the APD eats crayons, get lobotomies and smell their farts. Lol

Give apd the LMG 4x4 give rebels off-road AT.  

Donald likes this
1 hour ago, |Cam| said:

Give the LT’s another toy they won’t play with while the rest of the APD eats crayons, get lobotomies and smell their farts. Lol

Give apd the LMG 4x4 give rebels off-road AT.  

When do we say enough is enough? When the entire arma 3 arsenal has been added to the LIFE server??

Edited by Defragments
Donald likes this
3 hours ago, Nicolas March said:

giving a 5.56 connected to the worst vehicle in the game to a sergeant which already has access to the spar with drum mag does not sound like a game breaker. Giving it to a corporal would also not really be game breaking due to how bad it is and how bad the scope is

Well if it's so bad I guess you don't need it added!

From a non biased opinion, Even though SGT+ are allowed the Spar & drum mag I think it should stick that way, CPL shouldn't be allowed to use anything that includes a drum mag in general. With that in mind the jeep is a garbage mounted vehicle to use in general, even if its implemented the only reason its used is to troll as an APD officer theirs literally no point in me being an open target when I could be running around and have more cover provided with a combination of free will to maneuver.