Introduction and some questions!

Hello guys! My name is NormeX (naw not telling my real name :P) 

I love RP servers despite not having a mic (I hope I can play) Since I can just see people RP'ING while I drive down the streets. Seeing the local police force moving around

Mind you my voice sounds like a mouse. No seriously XD

I live in the Middle East despite the conflict. I'm just in kuwait. Dot on the map people refer it as. Peaceful country with oil here and there. Ya know normal stuff.

Off to the questions lads!

Can I play without a mic? I could use direct chat to communicate with the local folks or roleplay as a disabled person and use the phone to communicate? Is it possible?

oh and the Aussie life server. Sorry if I sound annoying but where do I install the mods? 

Thank you all for taking the time to read my intro. I hope I didn't disturb anyone!

Have a good one people!

Gloria Williams likes this

Can I play without a mic? I could use direct chat to communicate with the local folks or roleplay as a disabled person and use the phone to communicate? Is it possible?

Yep! Just make sure you still initiate RP and you are in the range of people. Texting is preferred for hostile RP.

oh and the Aussie life server. Sorry if I sound annoying but where do I install the mods?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636687017

And welcome to Asylum :)

Haych, Gloria Williams and E|NormeX like this

SO you can play without a mic you just have to make sure to have your effects volume up in settings so you can hear other VOC RP and also follow RP rules. When you initiate RP with someone (I.E. Hands up, etc) you must do it through Direct Chat (Do NOT use SIDE CHAT for RP) but Text chat is acceptable RP as long as you use Direct chat (scroll through with "." to different channels). You can also text message them, use the tilda key while facing a player or aiming from afar to see name displayed from far away. 

Aussie life server: Go to Arma 3 Launcher click Servers > Internet > Search for Aussie Life > Click Join
It will show you all the things you need to subscribe to > Subscribe to everything (@arma2net and other @ mods don't need to be subscribed to) > Wait for them to fully download and Load then Click the "Play" button in the bottom left of the launcher and once the game loads you'll see all the mods loaded on the main screen. Go to Multiplayer and Find the aussie life server and join it there you go. 

TO go back to other servers close the program and from the arma launcher click the little arrow next to play and click Load without Mods to play the other non-modded Servers.

Any other questions feel free to ask :)

Gloria Williams and E|NormeX like this
7 minutes ago, eric91611 said:

SO you can play without a mic you just have to make sure to have your effects volume up in settings so you can hear other VOC RP and also follow RP rules. When you initiate RP with someone (I.E. Hands up, etc) you must do it through Direct Chat (Do NOT use SIDE CHAT for RP) but Text chat is acceptable RP as long as you use Direct chat (scroll through with "." to different channels). You can also text message them, use the tilda key while facing a player or aiming from afar to see name displayed from far away. 

Aussie life server: Go to Arma 3 Launcher click Servers > Internet > Search for Aussie Life > Click Join
It will show you all the things you need to subscribe to > Subscribe to everything (@arma2net and other @ mods don't need to be subscribed to) > Wait for them to fully download and Load then Click the "Play" button in the bottom left of the launcher and once the game loads you'll see all the mods loaded on the main screen. Go to Multiplayer and Find the aussie life server and join it there you go. 

TO go back to other servers close the program and from the arma launcher click the little arrow next to play and click Load without Mods to play the other non-modded Servers.

Any other questions feel free to ask :)

Thanks for the information good sir! School is getting me quite hard this week (3 days to play rest to work) Can't wait to hop on the server on Thursday!  (Ow 11GB)

Have a good one!  

Edited by E|NormeX
Fixed some typo's
Eric916 likes this
9 hours ago, MaverickSanders said:

Why can you buy Arma 3, a 60 dollar (sometimes 40 dollar) game, but you can not buy a headset off of amazon for 20 dollars. Seems a bit silly. 

Hey there good sir! Basically I got arma 3 as a gift from my friends. I don't have a job yet. I'm still In school by the way. I know it's quite silly :P By the way I'm in the Middle East. So uhh no amazon in kuwait... The computer I got is quite hard to achieve. Had to save cash for years

Have a good one sir!

Edited by E|NormeX
14 hours ago, E|NormeX said:

You can play without a mic, as long as you initiate it's ok. So it is way better for you and also the people you are playing with/against to use a mic.

Here is a tutorial Spank made how to join the Aussie Life Server: (Screenshots and step-by-step instructions!)

Welcome to Asylum, good luck and have fun! :)

Edited by NotSoNutty
3 hours ago, NotSoNutty said:

You can play without a mic, as long as you initiate it's ok. So it is way better for you and also the people you are playing with/against to use a mic.

Here is a tutorial Spank made how to join the Aussie Life Server: (Screenshots and step-by-step instructions!)

Welcome to Asylum, good luck and have fun! :)

Thanks good sir! Appreciate your help :)

have a good one!

If you're unable to use your Voice, the proper way to initiate RP with hostile intent would be by sending the recieving party a text message with your intentions via the ingame phone.

Default key for this function is number 5.

For example: "Hands up or my good friend Herbil the Gerbil here will shoot you in the foot with his potato launcher."

This message will show up on the recipient's screen togethet with a sound notification and remain there for a few seconds.

Direct chat can very easily be flooded and cluttered by other server messages like kill-, disconnect and connect messages and go unnoticed.

You may ofcourse use that for friendly cassual conversations if you want.

Edited by Big Fred
1 hour ago, Big Fred said:

If you're unable to use your Voice, the proper way to initiate RP with hostile intent would be by sending the recieving party a text message with your intentions via the ingame phone.

Default key for this function is number 5.

For example: "Hands up or my good friend Herbil the Gerbil here will shoot you in the foot with his potato launcher."

This message will show up on the recipient's screen togethet with a sound notification and remain there for a few seconds.

Direct chat can very easily be flooded and cluttered by other server messages like kill-, disconnect and connect messages and go unnoticed.

You may ofcourse use that for friendly cassual conversations if you want.

Thanks good sir! But wouldn't that take me quite a while to open the phone, open the text thing and find his name? 

Sorry for asking a lot of questions. Have a good one! :)

6 minutes ago, Big Fred said:

By the way, maybe you haven't seen this article on the forums yet, it's very helpful for beginners and a great resource for information.

Check it out if you haven't.

Will do il check it out! Thanks a lot for taking your time to help a fellow noob here! 

Have a good one lad! :D

Big Fred likes this