How do you train your gang?

Apci

Hey guys, i want my gang to become better and better and push them to become like top gangs : Redrum, nv , BB and many others and I wanted to ask all other big gang leaders/experienced players how do you guys train your gang? What objectives/missions you do?  I mean doing cartels 24/7 gets you better but what other trainings you do without this? For example what do you do on traininf servers?Thank you for your time. 

Olivia likes this

Don't peak unless you can hit the target, forcing the other gang to push. And learn all the control - ASWD movements, and use "C" for CQC. Other than that, you should know where to aim from 300-600 distance out without having to look at the little numbers on your scope. If it's 800 + mark it on the map and range it. Literally all you need to know, and have game sense. Like where you're getting shot at (even though that's difficult with the new sounds), but you should center your self in a position where you can't get shot from. For example using Control "S" and using ALt to look around to see if your body is sticking out. But if you can't aim in the first place then all of this is fucking useless, because you'll peak for to long and get your head ripped off.   Most important part is to NOT show yourself, UNLESS you can kill someone. The end. fin

Edited by Smokahontas // Douggem
Flax, Enclave, Olivia and 2 others like this

Put team chemistry before everything else. Don't pick skill over personality. Some people can be very good at the game, but if they don't get along with people, don't keep them around. Its all about working as a team, not individual skill. At the end of the day, most of us are here to have fun.

Think of your gang as its own little community, play other games together for example. Its all about chemistry.

Fight a lot. Learn the basics of the Asylum play style as its very different to other servers. Arrange fights with smaller gangs at first, learn your way around the cartels, then you can slowly start making your way up the ladder.

Private servers is a nice place to learn about each other. Get you and your team comfortable with each other. Learn each others weaknesses and strengths so you can apply them to actual fights. I always adjust the way I play depending on who's got my back.

Watch your recruitment. I've made this mistake in the past. Never take on to many guys, take it step by step. Bring in a couple new players, get to know them. Once you feel like you're going in the right direction, you can bring in more. Nothing destroys a gang faster than mass recruitment. Take it slowly.

REDRUM used to use a well structured council system before we moved to Asylum. It consisted of 5 people who voted on decisions. Each Council member had its own role within the gang. This kept the gang going for 11 Months without a hiccup. When we moved over to Asylum, 4 of the 5 Council members quit Arma, thus leading to the disbandment of RED. 
Having a similar system may work for you, it may not. Some gangs are better off with a individual leader, some better off being run by a group. Find out what works best for you and apply it.

Have Fun!. This is the most important. Being a part of a gang is all about having fun. If you see you are not enjoying cartels, don't do them. Just because another gang is calling you out in sidechat, doesn't mean you have to retaliate. Do activities that you and everyone in your gang will enjoy.

bunni, Shepurd, Apci and 4 others like this

I'm not a gang leader, or even very good at the pew pew stuff. But don't worry, I've got a fool-proof recipe for success.

9a95901153bfbb47de1e95f900380c13.png

19c178396d4b436caf665a1a2a6fac23.png

3271ed713ca4d3a6a7e83b528bb86938.png

fc9ea532ccff8761b41d12316ff4b231.png

And the final, most important element; you need to be committed.

1407e3448223fe632b033ccb6e29210e.png

Once you have all necessary items and the right outlook, you'll be ready to dominate. And when you taste that sweet sweet victory, you'll get to reap the ultimate reward. You'll earn the right to make snarky comments in side chat. 

Obviously I'm just joking around, most of the really good gangs didn't start out being amazing. They seem to recruit the best talent, then they play together long enough to work cohesively as a team and overtime the group as a whole gets better. So hit the recruitment section and try to find some crack shots and train to work as a team. 

Big Fred, Carson, |Cam| and 10 others like this

i do solo training in editor :) ill set up a few civs with waypoints (ttargets not to kill) and a few bandits hiding (my targets) .. also helps if you take the asylum server files and make a private server but with thoes scripts so its the same :) you can simulate any kind of battle! great way to train, i always find myself in the editor training with a heli, or just on the ground!

Olivia likes this
49 minutes ago, allan thomas said:

idk if that was supposed to be funny or not...

no it's called Insanity Thursdays all soldiers and higher are flown on our private jet through Fanzer airlines to the location that our friend in the Marines is stationed. We then set out to practice Arma tactics on the battlefield. It's very team building and helps our morale. 

37 minutes ago, Haych said:

Put team chemistry before everything else. Don't pick skill over personality. Some people can be very good at the game, but if they don't get along with people, don't keep them around. Its all about working as a team, not individual skill. At the end of the day, most of us are here to have fun.

Think of your gang as its own little community, play other games together for example. Its all about chemistry.

Fight a lot. Learn the basics of the Asylum play style as its very different to other servers. Arrange fights with smaller gangs at first, learn your way around the cartels, then you can slowly start making your way up the ladder.

Private servers is a nice place to learn about each other. Get you and your team comfortable with each other. Learn each others weaknesses and strengths so you can apply them to actual fights. I always adjust the way I play depending on who's got my back.

Watch your recruitment. I've made this mistake in the past. Never take on to many guys, take it step by step. Bring in a couple new players, get to know them. Once you feel like you're going in the right direction, you can bring in more. Nothing destroys a gang faster than mass recruitment. Take it slowly.

REDRUM used to use a well structured council system before we moved to Asylum. It consisted of 5 people who voted on decisions. Each Council member had its own role within the gang. This kept the gang going for 11 Months without a hiccup. When we moved over to Asylum, 4 of the 5 Council members quit Arma, thus leading to the disbandment of RED. 
Having a similar system may work for you, it may not. Some gangs are better off with a individual leader, some better off being run by a group. Find out what works best for you and apply it.

Have Fun!. This is the most important. Being a part of a gang is all about having fun. If you see you are not enjoying cartels, don't do them. Just because another gang is calling you out in sidechat, doesn't mean you have to retaliate. Do activities that you and everyone in your gang will enjoy.

Haych, i m honored to get response from you since i am the leader of atm most powerful gang in GTA (BLACK) and i always looked up to you and Pete, but we've go the point where team chemistry is not the same as it was when we had 10 people, with 10 we've won more fights than we do now, because leading fights its just too hard and commms get shitier each time.We've tried asylum and here players are way better and  i wanna learn from leaders like yourself. Appreciate it alot

Olivia likes this
37 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

I'm not a gang leader, or even very good at the pew pew stuff. But don't worry, I've got a fool-proof recipe for success.

9a95901153bfbb47de1e95f900380c13.png

19c178396d4b436caf665a1a2a6fac23.png

3271ed713ca4d3a6a7e83b528bb86938.png

fc9ea532ccff8761b41d12316ff4b231.png

And the final, most important element; you need to be committed.

1407e3448223fe632b033ccb6e29210e.png

Once you have all necessary items and the right outlook, you'll be ready to dominate. And when you taste that sweet sweet victory, you'll get to reap the ultimate reward. You'll earn the right to make snarky comments in side chat. 

Obviously I'm just joking around, most of the really good gangs didn't start out being amazing. They seem to recruit the best talent, then they play together long enough to work cohesively as a team and overtime the group as a whole gets better. So hit the recruitment section and try to find some crack shots and train to work as a team. 

it only works in COD sadly :/

Buckwalter likes this
11 minutes ago, Apci said:

Haych, i m honored to get response from you since i am the leader of atm most powerful gang in GTA (BLACK) and i always looked up to you and Pete, but we've go the point where team chemistry is not the same as it was when we had 10 people, with 10 we've won more fights than we do now, because leading fights its just too hard and commms get shitier each time.We've tried asylum and here players are way better and  i wanna learn from leaders like yourself. Appreciate it alot

Hey. Im his owner. Where's my blowjob for keeping him in one piece?

:kappa:

18 minutes ago, Apci said:

Aha no problem man, I always try my best to help others.

If you believe the gang is going in the wrong tracks and it was better when you had lower numbers, cut the loose ends. Re-evaluate your new members, get rid of some people. A smaller more active gang will always do much better in combat.

Asylum is probably the best place if you want to improve on your combat skills. I've improved much better as a player on Asylum then I did playing anywhere else. Players here are good, there is no equipment that gives you a huge advantage such as suppressors and long range scopes like what GTA offers. I've said this before, and i'll say it again, Asylum is home to the best infantry Arma players I have seen on the game.

There is multiple newer and smaller gangs on Asylum who are willing to fight cartels. Try to get a No-Chop policy with them so you can use Orcas and Ifrits without worrying about losing them. We tend to do this with newer gangs who fight us. Its a win win for both sides.

Olivia, Enclave, Shepurd and 1 other like this

Thank you Haych, i can't explain in any words how thankful i am. And why guys i've played asylum back in 2 years when Brotherhood was here Marauders, FSA and other gangs, But why Bad blood was so good and just rofl stomped probably any gang they've met? 

29 minutes ago, FsX said:

Apci we can arange some fights with you, if you don't know me I'm from the Northern Lights and we are pretty new to asylum and the play style so it will help us both I guess :) 

I know you we've rekt CMA @oil proccesing together haha, and we did fight as BLACK vs N.L quite often. Yeah ofcourse , i'll talk to my guys and hit you up!

Edited by Apci
Typos
4 hours ago, Haych said:

listen to this guy, one of the best combat leaders i seen

Haych and Apci like this

- Have your own teamspeak

- Only put people you trust in leadership positions (drama in leadership breaks gangs)

- No need for a training server but playing together as a team on Wasteland/KotH/CBQ servers can improve your teamwork/communication

- Try being strict on taccoms since it really helps you focus better and get better callouts in fights

- Try to increase your individual skill level (Make people practice)

- Fight alot of cartels no matter who or how many. Every fight there is something to learn

- Try get rich all together, having people demotivated because you lose a vehicle or some loadouts makes you play worse.

- If it gets too much for you as a leader start handing out tasks (Recruitment, interviews, leading in combat ect.)

- Give a good example to your gang (Advance in combat, wealth, leadership ect. If you gang thinks you're a silly idiot it's not gonna work :D)

- Learn callouts like posted above, those things specifically point out a position an enemy player which is necessary for the fight.

Edited by Midamaru
Haych and Apci like this
2 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

- Have your own teamspeak

- Only put people you trust in leadership positions (drama in leadership breaks gangs)

- No need for a training server but playing together as a team on Wasteland/KotH/CBQ servers can improve your teamwork/communication

- Try being strict on taccoms since it really helps you focus better and get better callouts in fights

- Try to increase your individual skill level (Make people practice)

- Fight alot of cartels no matter who or how many. Every fight there is something to learn

- Try get rich all together, having people demotivated because you lose a vehicle or some loadouts makes you play worse.

- If it gets too much for you as a leader start handing out tasks (Recruitment, interviews, leading in combat ect.)

- Give a good example to your gang (Advance in combat, wealth, leadership ect. If you gang thinks you're a silly idiot it's not gonna work :D)

- Learn callouts like posted above, those things specifically point out a position an enemy player which is necessary for the fight.

+1

9 hours ago, Apci said:

Hey guys, i want my gang to become better and better and push them to become like top gangs : Redrum, nv , BB and many others and I wanted to ask all other big gang leaders/experienced players how do you guys train your gang? What objectives/missions you do?  I mean doing cartels 24/7 gets you better but what other trainings you do without this? For example what do you do on traininf servers?Thank you for your time. 

From my experience, training retards into decent players it takes a few things:

1.) Watch how they play, dont say there good when there not.

2.) Make them play in the cqc till they actually are worth brinigng to a cartel

3.) Go to as many cartels as you can, learn all the call outs, learn where you like to go / where most of your opponents like to go - GET atleast 1-2 spots at each cartel that are your go to spots

4.) Once you guys know how to fight, know locations, go make a private server and practice actual tactics. Theres no point in practicing tactics if you fucking suck at shooting. Learn how to rush a tower, Get a battle buddy system, learn how to fly / drive ifrits.

5.) Have money and vehicles at your disposal. You dont have to be perfect every fight, but you better fucking make sure you gear up and come back within 10 minutes of dying if you cant get a revive - which you should say IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET A REVIVE? 

One of the most important things to success - Envy taught me this one when I was the leader of siege back in July - Learn how to bait and move. One player moves up to a new location not only for his benefit but to also get an enemy to peek. While the first player, your teamate , is moving you and maybe even another member get ready to hard peek the enemy who will peek. This is a huge part of success for attacking.

Olivia, bunni and Apci like this