Change Log 6.8.0

Paratus

2 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Count the patches in the last few days. I want more than fluff too, but I can't release big stuff constantly.

Krypton Just made a thread to revert cartels pre 6.0 and remove money cap and it got like 90-10 in favor of being reverted/removed and the threads were deleted.  You know what your player base wants.

Edited by magic
6 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Some of you need to realize that features are chosen based on priority and also development cost. Placable objects are fluff. They're not meant to be game changing, but for the amount of time it took to implement they'll give some cool scenarios. It was a quick addition as the system was already in place for cops.

You can carry them if you like and kill your friends, but that thing being shot while you're holding it will do more damage than a bullet to you directly. The shield idea isn't recommended.

I think that you are adding these unneeded things because you want to try to keep your promise of bringing up at least one update a  week (which I can respect) , but I think that you are so focused on the development of Identities that you don't have as much time as you did at first for Asylum. So what I think needs happen is that we need another Dev that can help provide content to Asylum.

1 minute ago, magic said:

Krypton Just made a thread to revert cartels pre 6.0 and remove money cap and it got like 90-10 in favor of being reverted/removed and the threads were deleted.  You know what your player base wants.

They won't lift the money cap, they have made that pretty clear.

1 minute ago, magic said:

I don't understand why the fuck it is so hard for people to understand that money cap will not be removed. There were legitimate reasons to it being implemented. It would do more harm than good. 

Just now, Buddy™ said:

I think that you are adding these unneeded things because you want to try to keep your promise of bringing up at least one update a  week (which I can respect) , but I think that you are so focused on the development of Identities that you don't have as much time as you did at first for Asylum. So what I think needs happen is that we need another Dev that can help provide content to Asylum.

You goona pay this new dev lol?

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

I don't understand why the fuck it is so hard for people to understand that money cap will not be removed. There were legitimate reasons to it being implemented. It would do more harm than good. 

Yeah their were but now its doesn't matter once people get 1m they sell it to some pleb for like 60$ and keep making more money. The reason it was added doesn't have an affect anymore..

Edited by magic
2 minutes ago, Quenton said:

You goona pay this new dev lol?

I mean if we actually get good content on the servers I pretty fucking sure that people would be willing to donate more to the servers which that money would go toward Devs and keeping the server up.

Edited by Buddy™
Just now, magic said:

Krypton makes those threads once a month. They go nowhere just like most of his ideas to buff the orca, etc. Your 90-10 vote makes 100 people. That's a small portion of our player base. Those threads get removed because all they do is turn into shit posting. Give us some contructive ideas other than giving you guys an easy button. Asylum isn't designed to live off your earnings for 6 months. You work for what you have, if you want to risk it for a fight, be prepared to work to get it back. 

Just now, Vash said:

Players want X -> Paratus implements X -> People hate X -> People start creating polls and threads about how X is shit and should be removed

It's like the community is PMS'ing

Yeah its almost as if the community is having an opinion in a Totalitarian Government.

Two quick things:

1. How is scotch nerfed?  I get full price for it basically every time I sell it. 

2. I thought everyone wanted alcohol added to the cartels?  It's been asked for repeatedly in fact. 

The money fridges got doubled in size, and now there are two of them. Seems like a decent enough upgrade to me. What am I missing here?

Mr Smirnoff and Roberino like this
18 minutes ago, bamf said:

Two quick things:

1. How is scotch nerfed?  I get full price for it basically every time I sell it. 

2. I thought everyone wanted alcohol added to the cartels?  It's been asked for repeatedly in fact. 

The money fridges got doubled in size, and now there are two of them. Seems like a decent enough upgrade to me. What am I missing here?

Scotch was added to the market which means selling income is lowing. And a Barrel used to sell for about 68k and now it sells for about 58k with the market empty.

We do want these new Cartels but we want good locations not these bad locations. 

EDIT - For new Cartel locations and for less complaining about the location you guys should Post a forum thread, and  ask the people that fight cartels for what are some good locations for a fun/good Cartel fight. And not have people that don't even fight Cartels to pick the locations.

Edited by Buddy™
3 minutes ago, bamf said:

Two quick things:

It was 1050$ and now its about 850$ that is a N E R F 

and incentive is what will bring back cartels / gang life. people why crying about group cap / money cap are just weird. Literally ways to get around them both. Just buy alot of good vehicles.

Money in fridges got doubled? The STORAGE got doubled. I have yet to see the money go over 100k on altis or australia, although the good thing about the modded server is ALOT of people seem to run drugs unlike altis.

Chau and Haych like this
46 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Some of you need to realize that features are chosen based on priority and also development cost. Placable objects are fluff. They're not meant to be game changing, but for the amount of time it took to implement they'll give some cool scenarios. It was a quick addition as the system was already in place for cops.

You can carry them if you like and kill your friends, but that thing being shot while you're holding it will do more damage than a bullet to you directly. The shield idea isn't recommended.

Development cost? You had the cartels coded pre 6.0

Fucking barricades and fucking shit ruining the god damn game for us! Fuck these devs, admins, and whatever the fuck else there is! Seriously, barricades?! I don't want creative supplies, devs who take time to do things for us, and I most certainly will bitch about BARRICADES on the forums! 

This argument is honestly stupid af. Man tf up, thank the dev for the work he does for us, that he doesn't have to do mind you, or just leave. I used to be a dev of a server and this honestly gets on my nerves. It's not even the concerns that annoy me, it's how bitchy some of yall sound and how ungrateful some of you peeps sound. How about you simply voice your concerns in mature, organized points rather than throwing a bitch fit? All that does is piss staff off and gets nowhere. Thank you for taking time to bring updates, admins/devs. I won't speak on things I have minimal knowledge on (cartels) but I think barricades can make for some interesting rp sometimes :)  God damn Imperium...

Vash likes this
3 hours ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

i remember the doc that buckwalter made for suggestions... i remember the threads made... i remember it all...

but i don't remember where people asked for a quick game of minecraft at the cartel instead of more of a reason to spend time fighting it...

There was some amazing full into detail suggestions in that thread. Paratus Pls

Don't fix the gang cap because 10 is perfect as only 1-3 gangs even get 10+ on average now. The money cap is fine I wouldn't mind seeing it double to 2 mil but tbh I don't mind 1 either. The biggest thing is that everything feels like a grind for money even more than it was, that some people just don't enjoy dying over cartels to sit there grinding for a full day to make up money lost. Also server 6 cartels are fucking awful. Treehouse drug cap is the most imbalanced shit I have ever seen, even worse than the revolver in CSGO on release. The arms cartel is a nuisance to get to thus making it useless to fight over. Oil is lol cause shit don't work. Have not tried the new wongs but it looks to be in yet another stupid island location. 

J9R9MY likes this
Just now, LoadsOfMoney said:

How about people don't flock to one or two gangs and field the current gangs instead of mega gangs WOAH! Trust me I was there for mega gangs

i personally would like the gang cap  raised to 12 or 15 BUT i don't have a problem with a cap of 10

think removing the fridges and directly into the gang back should be tested again for now

Edited by d'demise
6 hours ago, Smokahontas // Douggem said:
  • [All] Civilians can now place certain objects within 300 meters of a capture area flag.

If you want to fix rebel life, stop adding shit to make it easier to defend. NO ONE has complained about defending. Please for god's sake. Why don't you just add the Mk10 so we can now counteract the fucking barriers that people will put in front of the staircase of a tower.......

tell me how you really feel. let it out <3

7 minutes ago, Wasted said:

tell me how you really feel. let it out <3

Why is the wrong stuff being added? Ya know? How come no one understands a young girls feelings??? "How come emo's are in more pain then military vets???" so many dumb questions to be answered. 

Btw, I think if we can't solve the "gang problem" then I say just buff cops to hell and back and make feds extremely difficult with a huge payout each time. Cause fuck cartels. YEA!

Edited by Smokahontas // Douggem
explicit likes this

I get the frustrations. But you have to remember, we only have ONE developer. While it appears to be the same people who constantly complain over and over again, you guys need to realize that there is only one person who is trying to fix a huge amount of bugs, introduce new content (shit that is not even suggested), add things that the community suggests (not just the whine/easy button posts), improve the modded server, work on Identity, raise a child, be a husband, and have a real life. 

Some of you are very ungrateful and if I was Paratus, I wouldn't cater to anything you guys suggest the way you go about complaining 24/7 on the forums. But he isn't me, and he still tries. It doesn't matter what he does, people will complain. When he did patches 1 every 4-5 weeks, people complained that there wasn't enough patches (even though, those were typically very large patches) and now he tries and puts one out a week, people complain that they would rather have less patches but bigger content. You can't have both.

Whether its patches we like or don't like I think we all should thank @Paratus for trying his best to improve Asylum on a weekly basis. 

11 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

I get the frustrations. But you have to remember, we only have ONE developer. While it appears to be the same people who constantly complain over and over again, you guys need to realize that there is only one person who is trying to fix a huge amount of bugs, introduce new content (shit that is not even suggested), add things that the community suggests (not just the whine/easy button posts), improve the modded server, work on Identity, raise a child, be a husband, and have a real life. 

Some of you are very ungrateful and if I was Paratus, I wouldn't cater to anything you guys suggest the way you go about complaining 24/7 on the forums. But he isn't me, and he still tries. It doesn't matter what he does, people will complain. When he did patches 1 every 4-5 weeks, people complained that there wasn't enough patches (even though, those were typically very large patches) and now he tries and puts one out a week, people complain that they would rather have less patches but bigger content. You can't have both.

Whether its patches we like or don't like I think we all should thank @Paratus for trying his best to improve Asylum on a weekly basis. 

+1

2 hours ago, Killswitch said:

+1. Take a min and relax, get some alone time in then GET BACK TO WORK :)

12 hours ago, jonah1045 said:

paratus stop trying to be so creative with rebel life and just listen to us who have been playing asylum for years  and add better incentives to fight cartels. I guarantee you rebels will flock back to the servers and asylum will get closer to the pre 6.0 fights.

why would he do that, why would he want the server back to when it was good:kappa:

Edited by dev