Cartel Poll - No Insults!

Should Cartel Money Deposit Directly to bank  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cartel Money Deposit Directly to bank

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

Bamf does more work for the servers and community than you know.  So have some fucking respect for someone who takes hours out of each day to make sure things are running smoothly.  Without him we would have scripters wrecking your shit on a daily basis making the game unplayable.  Make your suggestions and recommendations, but do it in a civil manner without sounding like a spoiled brat.  

Whoah there, all i said is what changed? Give me that answer still please. 

Just now, Wasted said:

jeremy you know for a fact the cartels were introduced as fight points not to be a gangs main source of money. back in the days of , bad blood, fsa and regiment even though we made money off the cartels we all still did drug runs and robberies and etc. we didnt sit around looking at the gang bank so we had money to play the game with, it was a bonus for fighting and winning.

They were made for money. End

11 minutes ago, Wasted said:

jeremy you know for a fact the cartels were introduced as fight points not to be a gangs main source of money. back in the days of innovative , bad blood, fsa and regiment even though we made money off the cartels we all still did drug runs and robberies and etc. we didnt sit around looking at the gang bank so we had money to play the game with, it was a bonus for fighting and winning.

But back then it would actually give decent money and not be useless like the current system is. At this point, 2 turfs are better than Drug Cartel.

9 minutes ago, Wasted said:

1, money from cartels straight to bank- I disagree, getting the money gives the gangs something to do (as you stated youre bored, now theres something to do). also the chance of someone taking the cartel before you get to empty it makes it more interesting and gives more people a reason to try to take it.

The main problem, it is so easy to argue is that it's killing cartels with how the cartel works right now.  People typically do not see the money from cartels and actually lose money fighting cartels ( Which people always have, but at least they were always being reimbursed somewhat ) so from practical view it is not something worth putting time into, mainly new players will see it that way.  Cartels are just for bragging rights and war kills at this point, there's really no monetary gain and there should be because cartel fights is the hardest content in the game.

There is no good reason to keep the current system in place, it is obviously not working.  People haven't been complaining about this as of late just out of the blue, 6.0 was a good patch but it did kill cartels and we are now seeing the effects of that when dedicated members and new players do not feel they have a good reason to fight cartels.

xrantz likes this
17 minutes ago, Wasted said:

jeremy you know for a fact the cartels were introduced as fight points not to be a gangs main source of money. back in the days of innovative , bad blood, fsa and regiment even though we made money off the cartels we all still did drug runs and robberies and etc. we didnt sit around looking at the gang bank so we had money to play the game with, it was a bonus for fighting and winning.

Personally, I always thought of Cartels as a way to make money. We found out that they were profitable very quickly and we went for it. Sure, back in the day gangs were not solely focused on Cartels only. I certainly agree that we all did other shit to make money also, and as Asylum got more and more popular, the drug fields started to fill with people wanting protection from the cartel holding gangs. But the point I'm trying to make is that even though the original idea for Cartels was not moneymaking; why were the cartels allowed to evolve patch after patch to become one of Asylum's main attractions for doing just that, moneymaking? Sure, maybe they weren't always a "big problem" causing gangs to make a lot of money, but if the idea wasn't even to make money, why wasn't this changed? It's not like gangs made almost no money, then all of a sudden there was a patch that made Cartels way too OP, then Paratus had to nerf the shit out of it in 6.0. The cartels were always like that, and they brought people to the server. Period. 

While I agree that Cartels did evolve into something that was too strong, I feel like Asylum punished their community really harshly on 6.0 for something that Asylum birthed and bred from the beginning (cartels) without a single bit of reluctance, as their servers were growing juuust fine. Again I use the "pulling the rug out from under the rebels" line, because that's kinda how I saw it. I wasn't super into Asylum during the aftermath of 6.0, I had other shit I was working on, so I took my exit for some time along with many others. So I can't really add much on between then and now, but I can understand why so many people want the old Cartels back. And really they should come back in some form. I mean, what does Asylum really have to lose at this point? Players? Lol....

Edited by J9R9MY
6 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Harsh changes needed to be made, would rebels have accepted it more if Paratus removed the OP benefits slowly?  

The change could have been done differently by any means. Community input, changes over time like you mentioned, nerfing values and percentages instead of changing the entire thing, etc. I feel like Paratus just wrapped up the new Cartel system with everything else he added in 6.0 and shipped it. 

I'm not saying Paratus is some kind of rebel-life-killing piece of shit. He did what he thought would work. But he threw it all on the table at once, with little insight from real Cartel fighting players, and said HERE YOU GO. ENJOY THE REBEL LIFE NOW. With little changes to that until recently, like....ya know....yesterday. 

Edited by J9R9MY
Just now, J9R9MY said:

The change could have been done differently by any means. Community input, changes over time like you mentioned, nerfing values and percentages instead of changing the entire thing, etc. I feel like Paratus just wrapped up the new Cartel system with everything else he added in 6.0 and shipped it. 

I'm not saying Paratus is some kind of rebel-life-killing piece of shit. He did what he thought would work. But he threw it all on the table at once, with little insight from real Cartel fighting players, and said HERE YOU GO. ENJOY THE REBEL LIFE NOW.

He slapped rebels in the face essentially...even though like 50-60 players on any server are rebels.

1 hour ago, J9R9MY said:

Well that's a cool story. The thing is, it's bullshit. Because even if the ORIGINAL idea was to do X thing, you can't just put something into the game, have players using it as income for literally a year, continue to develop it and curve your game towards it, then just rip the rug out from under everyone's feet. Now that it's all been changed, and people are not happy, I see a lot of people (and plenty of this communities FINEST Admins) sitting around saying this same bullshit: "It was never supposed to be like that". 

So if they weren't supposed to be like that, why in the absolute fucking fuck would you base the entire rebel life upon them for so long? 

EDIT: Not attacking you, just really don't get it. I'm not even in favor of half of these proposed rebel changes, because a lot of them are too "old-school". But I mean, every person who plays here knows that post-6.0 cartels have crippled the competitive rebel population, which you must admit, is/was one of Asylum's greatest features. 

Ok so here's the story behind catels and their inevitable change. Bear with me as I'm typing this from my phone. 

Cartels were first introduced in asylum around March of 2014. There were two main reasons why cartels were added. First, they were made to give gangs something to fight over besides declaring terrorism in towns (which was a thing you could do) and just fighting cops and random civilians in towns. Second they were made to give something new for the gangs to focus on. 

When the cartels first came out there was an incredible and exciting amount of back and forth action with them. There were at the time only two servers and each server had numerous small gangs fighting over control of the cartels. 

Well after about a month or two of the cartels being a thing. The smaller gangs got wise and realized that instead of constantly fighting over control of these cartels, it would make monetary sense to actually team up and keep the cartels and their payouts for longer periods of time. That eventually grew to the creation of mega gangs. Innovative and AMW merged on Server 1. FSA, M3RC, SC, and Shadow Hawks merged and formed TRC on Server 2 (later changing their name back to FSA), etc.

These mega gangs started accumulating vast amounts of wealth with multi-million dollar weekly payouts. Their numbers and bank accounts swelled. It got to the point were the economy skyrocketed from the top ten most wealthy people on the community having around 20-40 million to the top ten having 80-120 million. The mega gang numbers rose and the smaller gang numbers dwindled. To the point were there was one mega gang in control of each server and very little competition from same server gangs. 

It got the the point where gangs were solely living off their income from the cartels with no need to make money elsewhere. It also got the point were the competition for control of cartels was so lacking that the mega gangs would go to another server to fight other mega gang. 

Based on community outcry at the time we made three big changes. We capped the economy, we capped gang/group size and we changed the payout system for cartels. 

While these changes were deemed necessary for the longevity of the community some have been successful and some not as much. The economy cap has been a success as well as the gang/group cap. Since the group cap we have seen a significant increase in the amount of smaller gangs. Very reminiscent of gangs before the mega gang formation. 

It seems that the one area worth revisiting is the cartel payout. That's the one area with the most vocal outcry. I agree that changes to it are needed. Whether that be significant increases to the payout or changing the way payouts are made. 

However I have two concerns. One, history repeating itself and mega gangs return. Two, people solely making their money from cartels and only ever fighting other gangs and cops. While the last one some may disagree with. Running around only fighting cartels / doing fed or bank robberies is not the end all be all of asylum and isn't in line with Paratus's vision of what the game is. 

Vash likes this
Just now, Volunteer281 said:

It got the the point where gangs were solely living off their income from the cartels with no need to make money elsewhere. It also got the point were the competition for control of cartels was so lacking that the mega gangs would go to another server to fight other mega gang. 

YOU SAY THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE

WASTED SAYS THEY HAD TO RUN DRUGS EVEN WITH THE CARTELS

WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

Wasted likes this
Just now, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

YOU SAY THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE

WASTED SAYS THEY HAD TO RUN DRUGS EVEN WITH THE CARTELS

WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

Well it depends on your personal play style honestly. I would do meth everyday but even without doing meth I was getting about 3 million a week from gang paychecks. Far more than I would lose in gear from fighting that week. 

22 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

Ok so here's the story behind catels and their inevitable change. Bear with me as I'm typing this from my phone. 

Cartels were first introduced in asylum around March of 2014. There were two main reasons why cartels were added. First, they were made to give gangs something to fight over besides declaring terrorism in towns (which was a thing you could do) and just fighting cops and random civilians in towns. Second they were made to give something new for the gangs to focus on. 

When the cartels first came out there was an incredible and exciting amount of back and forth action with them. There were at the time only two servers and each server had numerous small gangs fighting over control of the cartels. 

Well after about a month or two of the cartels being a thing. The smaller gangs got wise and realized that instead of constantly fighting over control of these cartels, it would make monetary sense to actually team up and keep the cartels and their payouts for longer periods of time. That eventually grew to the creation of mega gangs. Innovative and AMW merged on Server 1. FSA, M3RC, SC, and Shadow Hawks merged and formed TRC on Server 2 (later changing their name back to FSA), etc.

These mega gangs started accumulating vast amounts of wealth with multi-million dollar weekly payouts. Their numbers and bank accounts swelled. It got to the point were the economy skyrocketed from the top ten most wealthy people on the community having around 20-40 million to the top ten having 80-120 million. The mega gang numbers rose and the smaller gang numbers dwindled. To the point were there was one mega gang in control of each server and very little competition from same server gangs. 

Based on community outcry at the time we made three big changes. We capped the economy, we capped gang/group size and we changed the payout system for cartels. 

While these changes were deemed necessary for the longevity of the community some have been successful and some not as much. The economy cap has been a success as well as the gang/group cap. Since the group cap we have seen a significant increase in the amount of smaller gangs. Very reminiscent of gangs before the mega gang formation. 

It seems that the one area worth revisiting is the cartel payout. That's the one area with the most vocal outcry. I agree that changes to it are needed. Whether that be significant increases to the payout or changing the way payouts are made. 

However I have two concerns. One, history repeating itself and mega gangs return. Two, people solely making their money from cartels and only ever fighting other gangs and cops. While the last one some may disagree with. Running around only fighting cartels / doing fed or bank robberies is not the end all be all of asylum and isn't in line with Paratus's vision of what the game is. 

First off, what a fucking legend typing that from the phone.

I agree with most everything you said. Although, I do strongly feel that during the course of this spiraling out of control of smaller gangs turning into big gangs, and big gangs getting rich, something could have been done. That's my issue. Paratus hesitated MUCH TOO LONG to cut down on the amount of money Cartels brought in. He could have lowered the % by a flat rate all across the board, etc. Instead, I feel like he simply saw the servers were growing and growing and filling with more gang members, he just figured  "Fuck it, it's going alright as it is, let er' ride!". 

I may be incorrect, but in my opinion, allowing that to happen and then just changing everything suddenly was such a bad move. And now, a very large majority of the players (that voice their concerns, at least, and I know this isn't great data, but where else are we gonna get it?) believe some of the rebel changes were definitely negative. Paratus made a step in the right direction with this recent patch, though. I still think he's just holding on to some of the current ideas because they were part of the big ol' 6.0 and he doesn't want to revert them back and have his hard work wasted. Sorry, but he should have just been more careful in the beginning. There's no way he didn't realize how big of a part of "Asylum's culture" cartels had become. The work would not have gone to waste if the subject of cartels was more carefully approached and there was a bit more thought on how the everyday players would feel, not just how the economy would look. I think he did a fine job with his approach to the economy overall. Like you said, a success. 

Cartels? Not even close to a success. 

Edited by J9R9MY
30 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

While I agree that there was some serious issues that you mentioned.  I think most of that can be contributed to how gangs worked in general back in the day and not really cartels, Innovative was the first mega gang and it was like that within weeks of the gang update and I think lots of people never thought of the gang system would be used to have tons of people in your gang to run a complete monopoly on a server.  This would have never happened if Paratus added a cap to gangs upon seeing the size Innovative got to as well as many other gangs in the months to follow and the mega gang alliances was a product of this in my opinion.

I do not see a rise in mega gangs anymore because of the gang cap and how gangs have evolved greatly, back in the day everyone was playing for fun where as now it is much more competitive.  One, if not the most requested change being that money from cartels goes straight into the gang account would really not change much in that regard.  Gangs would just clearly see their rewards for putting in the hard work of having to cap the cartel.  Whether you got a fight or not, standing around for twenty minutes in a already slow paced video game needs to merit a reward that the player is seeing.  The current system isn't working, people often don't see their rewards and nobody want to have to babysit the fridge so they get their money, or worse not see their progress because they are busy doing something else and get ninja capped or people logging off and then another gang taking advantage of that to cap the cartel.

Lol, everyone makes it way more fucking complicated then it has to be. Go back to how it used to be and everyone will be happy. I really don't see why everyone is trying to give counter ideas and shoot down reverting back to how it was. There is a reason servers are dead lately. Apparently its too hard to do what the community wants and try to come up with something else that nobody is asking for.

Just make the cartels like how they used to be idk why it has even taken this long in the first place.

29 minutes ago, xrantz said:

Lol, everyone makes it way more fucking complicated then it has to be. Go back to how it used to be and everyone will be happy. I really don't see why everyone is trying to give counter ideas and shoot down reverting back to how it was. There is a reason servers are dead lately. Apparently its too hard to do what the community wants and try to come up with something else that nobody is asking for.

Just make the cartels like how they used to be idk why it has even taken this long in the first place.

Because everyone who plays here is not a long time rebel. We need to make legit arguments to get our point across. Not everyone agrees on the simple suggestions that have been made simply because not everyone has been in our shoes. People don't see it the way we see it, all they see is money flowing in towards gangs a steady rate, while they have to go out and farm diamonds or whatever. They don't understand the risk/reward of Cartel gangs. They have a different point of view, and threads like these are where the discussion has to happen and opinions can change. The problem is just that these threads are taken less seriously by Paratus than the community would like, it seems. 

It's not that simple.

I suppose the real problem lies in the fact that newer players aren't especially drawn to cartels. And why would they be? The invested money is not worth the expenditure, and most of the time they'll get steamrolled by experienced gangs, who know exactly how to attack the locations. A lot of people who try fighting cartels get discouraged from an early stage. Rebels aren't exactly known to be the most friendly in sidechat either.

Anyway, how do we get new players interested in cartels? The reason I started going to cartels was purely to make money. I remember creating a 3 man gang with Retro and Jens (former innovative). We would go to cartels whenever the big gangs didn't have a lot of numbers. Often times we would hold the cartels for a couple of hours, and earn enough money to invest in ifrits and orcas. I honestly don't think any gang earns that kind of money from cartels anymore (I'd love to see some actual statistics).

I think the best way of getting more people to fight cartels is by increasing the money gain to a point, where it's actually a sustainable profession to succesfully hold cartels. It doesn't make sense that rebels constantly need to farm money in order to pay for fighting cartels that they're winning. A year ago gangs would give their members weekly paychecks, which would cover some of the cost of fighting cartels. Just enough that people actually had a strong incentive to fight. An Innovative paycheck would pay for around 6 loadouts. I understand a lot of you are worried about accidently returning to the old days of gangs having infinite money, but remember you have money cap to prevent that from happening.

Besides, if succesful rebels make more money from cartels that means they won't have to rob every civilian they stumble upon. Remember when gangs would patrol drug areas actually protecting runners, and not hunting them down? Those are the days, I would like to return to.

Edited by Bikstok
explicit, Vash, Istaf and 8 others like this

^ I don't really think that cartels should be PROFITABLE. But the money earned should be enough to cover for your gang's load outs, just not 1 person...

I mean back in the day you roughly got 10mil a week from HOLDING cartels 24/7 which today would only be 1mil (current money system) for a WHOLE gang... if you take that into perspective that isn't that much for having to hold down a cartel that long from opposing gang members, since you are spending money on ifrits, vests, orcas, and TONS of loadouts. 

Please, just revert it back to arms dealer gives money and the fridges are removed and the money is directly deposited into the gang account, i literally don't even cap cartels THAT much anymore due to the fact that not many people fight + you can just do banks / feds / turtles and other shit for MORE money than sitting at a cartel for 20 min to get about 10k/hour...

same what bikstok said, gangs would not be so mean / hostile towards normal players of the servers / cops.

Edited by Diseased
3 hours ago, Wasted said:

i started a new job which required me to do 2 years of schooling in 8 months. i had no time for gaming.   now the break was nice as i got to start again like it was all new for a few days and bring back the excitement.    

my thoughts are,

1, money from cartels straight to bank- I disagree, getting the money gives the gangs something to do (as you stated youre bored, now theres something to do). also the chance of someone taking the cartel before you get to empty it makes it more interesting and gives more people a reason to try to take it.

2. arms dealer pre 6.0     again is there anything else we can do to give you free money. you get discounts on all gear hence making it cheaper for you to gear up and fight the cartel. ooo and you have access to things others dont while holding the cartel. agin i say no.  IMO

3. gang caps removed..  we have all seen what happens then. gangs get so big there is 1 per server and im sorry but that is boring as all fn hell. you think there is no fights now....

4. making all drug cartels seperate again-  excuse my language but FUCK YEA.  way more fun having 4 cartels and the diversity of smaller 1 drug gangs fighting for them.  I am so down with this. i have brought this up multiple times.

With all this said please remember i am a rebel/gang style player and i have been through all this before.  I am down for making the game more fun. but at the same time i am against making it so if you have a cartel you dont need to do anything else to make money.  that in my opinion would make this game boring.  

keep up all the ideas and suggestions though. you never know what will be implemented. the best info comes from the people playing the game.

Wasted 

Best gangs on the server that can hold cartels regularly deserve to be rewarded. Badblood in the old days, synergy, etc. Were known to be "rich and powerful", and did they not deserve it? They were a thousand times better than any of the average players at that point. That's how life is, and that's how it works. The smaller gangs strive to get better and maybe they too can hold the cartels, or get good enough to join one of these gangs. 

At this point, loadouts cost so F***ing much that noone even wants to fight. Veterans don't even want to fight, nevermind the new players that are scared to lose. Asylum just seems like a job when you have a bad night and lose maybe 3 loadouts, then you're in the hole for a lottttt of money (120k).  Chances are you didn't make a dime either, or if you did, you split that 100k bank 10 ways. Cops are so stressed out with losing loadouts and they lost their RP. Rebels barely want to fight because prices are sooooooooooooo high / the risk vs incentive isn't there. Cops deal with rebels much more "robocop" like to make their money back for loadouts, and then rebels hate cops, cops hate rebels, etc.

MAKE COP LOADOUTS FREE AGAINNNNNNNNNNNN

Severely reduce rebel loadoutsssssssssssss

Make the game funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Everyone wins

17 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

I suppose the real problem lies in the fact that newer players aren't especially drawn to cartels. And why would they be? The invested money is not worth the expenditure, and most of the time they'll get steamrolled by experienced gangs, who know exactly how to attack the locations. A lot of people who try fighting cartels get discouraged from an early stage. Rebels aren't exactly known to be the most friendly in sidechat either.

Anyway, how do we get new players interested in cartels? The reason I started going to cartels was purely to make money. I remember creating a 3 man gang with Retro and Jens (former innovative). We would go to cartels whenever the big gangs didn't have a lot of numbers. Often times we would hold the cartels for a couple of hours, and earn enough money to invest in ifrits and orcas. I honestly don't think any gang earns that kind of money from cartels anymore (I'd love to see some actual statistics).

I think the best way of getting more people to fight cartels is by increasing the money gain to a point, where it's actually a sustainable profession to succesfully hold cartels. It doesn't make sense that rebels constantly need to farm money in order to pay for fighting cartels that they're winning. A year ago gangs would give their members weekly paychecks, which would cover some of the cost of fighting cartels. Just enough that people actually had a strong incentive to fight. An Innovative paycheck would pay for around 6 loadouts. I understand a lot of you are worried about accidently returning to the old days of gangs having infinite money, but remember you have money cap to prevent that from happening.

Besides, if succesful rebels make more money from cartels that means they won't have to rob every civilian they stumble upon. Remember when gangs would patrol drug areas actually protecting runners, and not hunting them down? Those are the days, I would like to return to.

This too basically^

It's not easy to hold cartels constantly, especially when there is a group cap now. You can't just invite everyone in your family so you can have 50 people to get the cartels

16 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Some fantastic points made here. 

3 minutes ago, Poko said:

Best gangs on the server that can hold cartels regularly deserve to be rewarded. Badblood in the old days, synergy, etc. Were known to be "rich and powerful", and did they not deserve it? They were a thousand times better than any of the average players at that point. That's how life is, and that's how it works. The smaller gangs strive to get better and maybe they too can hold the cartels, or get good enough to join one of these gangs. 

Although there is a lot of truth to this, the cartels eventually became a numbers game. I think the gang group cap and money cap are two things that are already implemented that can help to greatly balance the effect of bringing back passive cartel money gain. 

A lot of people are misunderstanding the arguments for money going directly to the gang bank. There are basically two scenarios happening:

1) A cross-server gang joins your server. You immediately send a guy to empty the crate, and thus all monetary incentive to fight for the cartel is gone.

2) A gang starts capping your cartel while you're in the middle of a fed, drug run or fight with the cops. Attacking cartels is tough, and often you won't arrive in time to save the cap. That means you lose the cartel and crate money, and thus have no reason to recap it for the next couple of hours. Gangs used to fly around in orcas all day ready for a fight to happen, but that isn't the norm anymore. People are spread all across the map doing different things.

The idea of having to "escort" crate money out of a cartel is beautiful in theory, but I can say from experience that it isn't realistic.

Edited by Bikstok
Chau, Steve, explicit and 2 others like this

I keep seeing people (mostly cops) saying that rebels 'lived' on the money they made from cartels, this simply isn't true. There were very few people who played the game and didn't have to farm at all. They were usually the leaders of a gang or people who bought their money. Everyone else had to farm.

Once Bad Blood's bank got stupid big, we started giving out paychecks. They were usually around a mil or two but I remember it not covering what I had lost that week. Outside of a few of the leaders, the gang bank was used for vehicles and the occasional vest. The day I joined Bad Blood was the point in my asylum career that I had the most money, from there on out I hovered around 8 mill and farmed meth all the time. For the typical gang member, owning a cartel just made farming more efficient.  

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
4 hours ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

Bamf does more work for the servers and community than you know.  So have some fucking respect for someone who takes hours out of each day to make sure things are running smoothly.  Without him we would have scripters wrecking your shit on a daily basis making the game unplayable.  Make your suggestions and recommendations, but do it in a civil manner without sounding like a spoiled brat.  

Agreed, Bamf is amazing and he knows what he is doing, but these recommendations and suggestion have been posted over 1000 times, yet no one ever gets any feedback if anything has potential or even could make it in the game, so many GREAT POST buried and forgotten i think it's time that we atleast get some transparency between admins and Community.

Edited by MrSmoke

Bikstok said it really well

Cartels are one of the big 'end games' so there should be money to be made from it, especially since it requires a lot of money to participate

Compared to before, we now have;

10 group cap

Money cap

That solves TWO of the biggest issues that occured 

Arms dealer should gain you money and be placed directly into the gang bank, this immediately creates an incentive to cap the cartel which encourages fighting which then in turn becomes more of a money sink because more people are buying loadouts/vehicles

No one can become filthy rich like in the past so there is always going to be the farming element no matter how successful a gang is

The fridges are good in theory but in practice just don't work

xrantz likes this
9 hours ago, Bikstok said:

And as one of those civs this is what I want also. 

I do wonder though, because I haven't seen it suggested anywhere (maybe because its just a bad idea), has anyone considered just making rebels their own official faction? Other servers do this and in my opinion its a cool idea. This wouldn't effect gangs, it would just add in the option to be officially designated a part of the rebel faction meant to be considered freedom fighters against the APD and Altis government. Playing as a rebel, which would be something white listed like cops are, would give you benefits to support the type of play stated by Bikstok above. The reason I suggest this is because I think it could give people a way to fight at a lesser cost, which in my opinion is whats needed to return RP that isn't just robbery to the server. Would be a big task, but its doable. 

My final thought on this is we do need some tweaks to the cartel system its obvious but a fell revert back to pre 6.0 is not the answer. I truly appreciate Bik and Jeremy making valid points and arguments for their cause in a professional way.  You gentlemen are legends.

Vash likes this
12 hours ago, Poko said:

At this point, loadouts cost so F***ing much that noone even wants to fight. Veterans don't even want to fight, nevermind the new players that are scared to lose. Asylum just seems like a job when you have a bad night and lose maybe 3 loadouts, then you're in the hole for a lottttt of money (120k).  Chances are you didn't make a dime either, or if you did, you split that 100k bank 10 ways. Cops are so stressed out with losing loadouts and they lost their RP. Rebels barely want to fight because prices are sooooooooooooo high / the risk vs incentive isn't there. Cops deal with rebels much more "robocop" like to make their money back for loadouts, and then rebels hate cops, cops hate rebels, etc.

MAKE COP LOADOUTS FREE AGAINNNNNNNNNNNN

Severely reduce rebel loadoutsssssssssssss

Make the game funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Everyone wins

I'm actually for free cop loadouts aswell