Batman v Superman

Mac

On 3/25/2016 at 3:21 PM, Agent X said:

Did you hear Ben Afflecks voice in the trailer? Sounds like hes been tonsil punching to many cocks to prepare for that role. His voice is horrible. That's enough to make me not want to spend cash on the shit.

It's a voice changer that's built into his suit by Alfred. The first time you hear it, is when Alfred's testing it.

On 3/25/2016 at 4:42 PM, hamsham12 said:

aidzo just watched it in the cinema and told me superman dies, movie fuckin sucks

Damn, mad spoiler alert brah.

*SPOILER*

Yes, obviously, since there's Doomsday, there's "The Death of Superman" story arch. He dies because that's what happened when Superman fought Doomsday back when they killed him off in the 90's. I knew they were going to do it the second I saw Doomsday in the trailer. 

3147936-banner.jpg

Deathofsuperman.jpg

Another obvious fact that was found out in that story arch, Superman can't die. That's literally when DC went from a spiraling mess, to the strongest franchise at that time. He died, because that's what happens, lol. How can you say the movie sucks for recreating the Death of Superman? With not even seeing it? Are you 12?

reignsuperman01.gif

The thing about the movie is that it was the most crammed and rushed 2 1/2 hr movie there could be. They tried to shove so much into it that the movie is kinda edited to dog shit. You can tell that it was meant to be a 3 - 3 1/2hr movie.

Ben Affleck did a really really good job with Batman. Superman was kinda a pansie. Eisenberg as Lex was TERRIBLE. Wonder Woman was boring and some of the Doomsday fight looked like it was trying to decide whether it was a $250m budget movie or a CW tv episode with limited FX resources.

The thing about the movie though, Batman is kinda the shit. Coming from a very very picky guy. This Batman is straight up stabbing people, no shit, stabs people. If you ever wanted to see a buff, stocky Batman grab a dude by the throat, lift him as high in the air as possible and choke slam the dude THROUGH the floor, this is that movie. There was no finesse with this Batman, dude was putting people through walls and floors. He was definitely the most badass Batman made. His performance as Batman? Better than Bale, for sure. With no REAL villain to hate, even though Eisenberg tried, you kinda get relief from Afflecks Batman because he does it well. 

Overall 7/10, but a 7 is watchable. I would go as far to say it's a theater must. It's a really good popcorn movie. The Director's Cut that's been promised should make the movie a lot better, just wasn't PG-13 safe.

I know it feels right to judge something based on others opinions, or to just hate it to hate it, but life is no fun that way, I promise. There is this thing where people hate something just because other enjoy it (Jaded), or it makes too much money, or they heard someone say something. Judge for yourself. You can't hate something you haven't experienced.

Edited by Mac
Killswitch likes this

I was worried going into it because of all the bad reviews, but then I wentered and remembered why I never listen to critics.

Of course this movie isn't going to win any awards, but it was entertaining. I was also very hesitant because of Affleck playing Batman and it's tough to beat Bale, but he actually did a very good job. 

If you are a big comic nerd or like the comic movies, I recommend you see it in theatres. But otherwise, wait for it on DVD to rent or download. I think the path they are going with the DC Universe will provide way better movies in the future.

Mac likes this

Movie was good. It wasn't amazing but it was a good watch. Whoever says it's shit probably just listened to critics. Only things that really annoyed me about the movie was Lois Lane and that they put more focus on setting up future films then they did the actual movie.

I thought it was okay, 6/10, 7/10 max. Eisenberg as Lex was okay for me, but it felt like he was trying to be the joker far too much. However, the movie was longer than it needed to be, they crammed useless shit into it just because. Superman was a very pale character, not much depth to him, but Baffleck was surprisngly good.

1 hour ago, Ali said:

I thought it was okay, 6/10, 7/10 max. Eisenberg as Lex was okay for me, but it felt like he was trying to be the joker far too much. However, the movie was longer than it needed to be, they crammed useless shit into it just because. Superman was a very pale character, not much depth to him, but Baffleck was surprisngly good.

He was so reminiscent of Ledgers joker. ..was kinda dumb.

Budbringer likes this
On 3/30/2016 at 7:15 PM, Mac said:

It's a voice changer that's built into his suit by Alfred. The first time you hear it, is when Alfred's testing it.

Damn, mad spoiler alert brah.

*SPOILER*

Yes, obviously, since there's Doomsday, there's "The Death of Superman" story arch. He dies because that's what happened when Superman fought Doomsday back when they killed him off in the 90's. I knew they were going to do it the second I saw Doomsday in the trailer. 

3147936-banner.jpg

Deathofsuperman.jpg

Another obvious fact that was found out in that story arch, Superman can't die. That's literally when DC went from a spiraling mess, to the strongest franchise at that time. He died, because that's what happens, lol. How can you say the movie sucks for recreating the Death of Superman? With not even seeing it? Are you 12?

reignsuperman01.gif

The thing about the movie is that it was the most crammed and rushed 2 1/2 hr movie there could be. They tried to shove so much into it that the movie is kinda edited to dog shit. You can tell that it was meant to be a 3 - 3 1/2hr movie.

Ben Affleck did a really really good job with Batman. Superman was kinda a pansie. Eisenberg as Lex was TERRIBLE. Wonder Woman was boring and some of the Doomsday fight looked like it was trying to decide whether it was a $250m budget movie or a CW tv episode with limited FX resources.

The thing about the movie though, Batman is kinda the shit. Coming from a very very picky guy. This Batman is straight up stabbing people, no shit, stabs people. If you ever wanted to see a buff, stocky Batman grab a dude by the throat, lift him as high in the air as possible and choke slam the dude THROUGH the floor, this is that movie. There was no finesse with this Batman, dude was putting people through walls and floors. He was definitely the most badass Batman made. His performance as Batman? Better than Bale, for sure. With no REAL villain to hate, even though Eisenberg tried, you kinda get relief from Afflecks Batman because he does it well. 

Overall 7/10, but a 7 is watchable. I would go as far to say it's a theater must. It's a really good popcorn movie. The Director's Cut that's been promised should make the movie a lot better, just wasn't PG-13 safe.

I know it feels right to judge something based on others opinions, or to just hate it to hate it, but life is no fun that way, I promise. There is this thing where people hate something just because other enjoy it (Jaded), or it makes too much money, or they heard someone say something. Judge for yourself. You can't hate something you haven't experienced.

dont get mad at me that the movie sucked, BRAH