Change Log 6.8.3

Paratus

13 hours ago, Gnashes said:

You died from a bullet wound to the head.

By the powers that be, some god-like deity put the hot air back in your forehead and super-glued the hole shut. God forbid you have to go pick up some stuff off of the ground after being revived by magic from what would otherwise be inescapable death.

heli crash, granate kills, bullet kills, all this is arma and a game ofc u can get back up on ur feet, but why does you have to run around and play minecraft 5.0 and search for ur stuff, when ur first of all lucky to have a team around to get you back up, thats like the whole point of getting revived

Big Bird likes this
9 hours ago, Hubschrauber said:

@Paratus @Motown @bamf @Mr Smirnoff @Leady @Starance @Gnashes @BaDaBiNg_10-8 @Spank @Sojobo @Killswitch @Padrinos @Olio @Sneaky @Trilligy @Buckwalter @Snatch @Budbringer @DJScias @Volunteer281 @HapHazard @Ghillie Dhu

I love server 6 and am really sad seeing it dying at the rate it is. Much against popular belief, memory leaks and house bugs aren't fully culpable for people leaving server 6 in droves. I obviously can't speak for the majority of the community. Who I can voice a complaint for is the people who enjoy combat on Australia. People are getting disinterested because there is a lack of "end game" material to enjoy and most of the content that is available is either not balanced or not worth the reward. In addition to a lack of balanced end game content, the main source of entertainment for most civs is fighting the APD. Cops; however, are under powered and there is a lack of incentive to play against rebels with buggies since all they have to do is go off road to escape. Thankfully, the weapon upgrade was a step in the right direction but they need better off road vehicles for balance to be achieved. I'm going to list a few things that must be changed as well as stuff that I would like to see changed in order for some people to enjoy and continue enjoying playing on 6 because it has the potential to be the best server out of all of them.

APD changes that are a MUST:

• Give all police better vehicles than the Crown Victorias. Also, give the police some vehicle with equivalent offroading capabilities as the buggy. The Crown Victoria is worse than the original Holdens in all areas besides fuel availability. They are also one of the worst cars offroad leaving any fleeing civilian a "get away free from cops" card the second they choose to go offroad. On road the Crown Vics clearly fair better than off-road but spin out uncontrollably if you need to make the slightest change in direction and almost ensure any perpetrators get away scott free time and time again. 

Civilian changes that are a MUST:

• Balance the Prison Break where the police cannot spawn into the towers. Balance at the Prison Break is extremely difficult because if you allow rebels to be in the towers without the cops being able to spawn in them, then the prison break would be overpowered for the rebels. However, alternatively, if you continue to allow cops to be able to spawn in the towers then the prison break is overpowered for the police. 
    • IDEAS ON BALANCING:
      • Allow rebels to be able to "hack" into the gates to open them for civilians. Both front gates should have to be cracked (These two front gates should be able to be cracked in a small amount of time like the vaults at the federal reserve) and the front door of the actual prison building should have be cracked as well (The front door should take a longer time to crack however, like the actual domes at the federal reserve). All other iron bar gates inside the actual prison building should additionally have to be cracked as well (however, the shorter time "vault" cracks should be used for these inner iron bar doors). Prisoners should simply be able to run out of the building in order to escape instead of being teleported outside of the prison. 
      • Move the spawning area to the parking lot of the Maximum Security Prison for police. Disable this ability for police to spawn in here when the prison break is active. Instead, allow the police the ability to spawn in at any of the near by towns' HQ to quickly be able to respond to the Prison Break. 
      • Allow SWAT Leader and Sgts+ to use demolition charges on the towers to destroy them. Also, allow rebels the ability to use demolition charges on the towers as well. This would ensure a equal and fair approach for both rebels and cops to destroy the number 1 thing making the prison break overpowered for one side or another.
  • Balance the Police HQs and small "county" jails to allow rebels to hack into them and possibly save their friends.
    • IDEAS ON BALANCING: 
      • Allow the main gate of the "county" jails to be hackable in a decent amount of time (2~3 minutes) and make the inner doors of the jail hackable at a reduced time compared to the outside gates. The HQ doors should also be hackable however the HQ doors should take a lot longer time to hack to add an incentive for cops to continue to bring suspects to the HQ first then the county jail. (there should be some incentive for the police to take suspects to HQ first then to county jail and should not be able to send people to jail from the HQ)
  • Add a "Bank of Australia" in a location that makes sense and is fair and balanced.
  • Add the option of being able to rob the smaller "branch banks".
    • HOW TO ROB THE BANK (An idea of how it should work)
      • The branch banks should have small amounts gems and dirty money in each safety deposit box. The longer you stay searching through safety deposit boxes, the larger the risk and ergo, the larger the reward. 
    • Going through the front:
      • The first door (https://gyazo.com/11e7e31e41c43fbde9024a60ae8d2b8c)
        • If you open this first door, you should have a chance to be spotted by bank cameras if you have a demo charge or a drill.
        • You should have to crack open this door however it should be a very quick crack with a low chance of setting off the alarm.
          • 1~2 minute crack
      • The second door (https://gyazo.com/dd8957d2b56216ee1d7de59420bf1fc9)
        • This door should be your first serious barrier to overcome to gain entrance to the bank. 
          • 2~3 minute crack
      • Cracking the vault or destroying the security system in the security room (https://gyazo.com/3278a91861c69385d0bf2a30c242fcd1)
        • Cracking the vault should take significantly longer if the security system is still active. If the security system is online, the cracking of the vault should take
          • 7~8 minute crack
        • Cracking the vault should take significantly shorter if the security system is offline. If the security system is offline, the cracking of the vault should take 3~4 minutes. This means that cracking the security room door and taking the security system offline saves roughly 2~3 minutes on cracking the vault with the time spent on cracking the security room door included. 
      • Cracking the inner door iron bar door. (https://gyazo.com/ca4979718bf793fb458e3af3b2dff261)
        • 1~2 minute crack
    • Going through the roof:
    • IDEALS ON BALANCING
      • Incorporate a cooldown so no other branch banks can be robbed while one is currently being robbed. 
      • Add a option (NOT ON A CELL PHONE!) to get "insider information" for a fee from vendors at any rebel outposts detailing how much dirty money and valuable gems are currently being held at each branch bank.
      • Add an option (ON THE CELL PHONE!) for police to check how much money and valuable gems are currently being held at each location. 
  • Add desirable cartel locations.
    • I can't stress this enough. The community keeps going to the same three cartel locations over and over. Learn from what they like and try and replicate it. The desirable locations are both arms dealer locations (church on the hill and the castle on the hill) and the old Meth Cartel location. Here is what the community is looking for in a cartel location:
      • A defensible but not impossible position to hold. This includes several barriers or large rocks that can serve as sold cover from the front but not the back.
      • A series of positions spread out in all directions that attackers can use to have equal cover to what the cartel defenders have. This allows players to close the distance to cartel by "hop scotching" from cover to cover.
    • Current server 6 cartel locations are all undesirable for large gangs/gangs who fight cartels alot with the exception of Drug Cartel which is alright but still has a lot of flaws. Mainly, the lack of hard cover (in the form of large rocks in this case) that attackers can use to help close the distance to the tree house. 
    • Avoid large military towers but use the smaller "deer stand" towers.

Things that I think should be in sever 6:

• Weapons:
    • Open up the floodgate on all weapons that are not:
      • Portable belt fed machine guns over the 6.5mm caliber (Nothing over Mk200)
      • .50 caliber sniper rifles. 
      • Grenade launchers (although, smoke grenade launchers underslung from assault rifles wouldn't be a bad idea to implement) 
      • All rocket launchers
  • Vehicles: 
    • There is a myriad of armored and non armored vehicles that can easily be incorporated into the game that are far more reasonable than the buggy. Personally, I would just get rid of the buggy all together. It's armor is insane for its cost and and and top speed. The buggy also makes crashing offroad near impossible unless you simply don't care and go 200km/h over the top of a hill. It honestly needs to go. 
  • Helicopters:
    • Why not include the numerous transport helicopters available? Almost all of them are near the same speed as the hummingbird and have almost zero armor. You can one shot the pilot of all of the Marine/Army/Czeck unarmed transport helicopters with a 9mm.

+100. Great ideas!

Hubschrauber and IAmLegion like this
13 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Really good points one of the major things I did not understand is why only 1% of vehicles and guns were added. Whats the point of having mods if we dont utilize most of them. 

I did a write about this as well, so many guns are missing, so many helicopters are missing. 

because then you can release this content in a few weeks when current content gets old and stale and everyone gets hyped saying "new content! new guns"  meanwhile they have always been there..just locked. 

@Killswitch

Why haven't you played on S6 yet, or even logged into it?

Edited by blinky
7 minutes ago, bamf said:

Maybe he's afraid to fly (planes) or something.  Maybe he's afraid he won't feel the thrill of the "beetle jump" like everyone else does.  Who knows really, but S6 sure is fun...

Just like everyone else, he doesnt want to grind for money :kappa:

I'm not sure if the admins/Paratus are aware but there is a way to access group lead currently. Blocking all of the keys that group lead uses is pointless with this method and also I used a lot of the keys that Paratus blocked so I had to completely change my keybinds for this patch. Paratus needs to find another way of removing group lead functions instead of just blocking all of the keys. If you guys don't know how to access group lead just message me and i'll tell you(admins).

Haych likes this
3 hours ago, HotWings said:

Just like everyone else, he doesnt want to grind for money :kappa:

Fun fact: Killswitch plays legit now...don't believe me, ask the gang...I actually get gang checks. =-)

S6 was rushed, so ideally, it had a ton of bugs. I believe admins had MAYBE 1 day to test shit out. Bugs is a huge turnoff for me. And on top of that, the map selection is garbage (my opinion). Memleaks suck. Map is too big for a life server. However, there wasn't much better options outside of Altis. 

The only plus side to that server is new clothing, new weapons and new vehicles. In my opinion, if this would have been added to an Altis server, it would be the most populated server all the time.

3 hours ago, jonah1045 said:

I'm not sure if the admins/Paratus are aware but there is a way to access group lead currently. Blocking all of the keys that group lead uses is pointless with this method and also I used a lot of the keys that Paratus blocked so I had to completely change my keybinds for this patch. Paratus needs to find another way of removing group lead functions instead of just blocking all of the keys. If you guys don't know how to access group lead just message me and i'll tell you(admins).

Same method used to access Command View. No idea why he didn't go what Treeherder/Pentax suggested. Sure it may be time consuming, but it will remove all of this completely. Changing the key used does not work because you literally just keybind what it used to be, to another key.

19 minutes ago, Haych said:

Same method used to access Command View. No idea why he didn't go what Treeherder/Pentax suggested. Sure it may be time consuming, but it will remove all of this completely. Changing the key used does not work because you literally just keybind what it used to be, to another key.

Honestly there might be an easier way, by simply force adding an invisible AI into every single group/gang group and forcing it to be group lead. That way it would completely remove the ability to access command targeting and command view camera. Downside of going this way, could add extra strain on server.

@Paratus @bamf

Edited by Pentax
Haych likes this
On 4/11/2016 at 0:55 PM, ProjectGemini said:

So why do you keep complaining? Do you thrive off of finding things to bitch about, or do you just not understand how much of an ass you look like when you do this? 

I use to think this about Krypton as well until someone told me he really does have some kind of disability so I cut him a little slack now.  

6 hours ago, Killswitch said:

Fun fact: Killswitch plays legit now...don't believe me, ask the gang...I actually get gang checks. =-)

S6 was rushed, so ideally, it had a ton of bugs. I believe admins had MAYBE 1 day to test shit out. Bugs is a huge turnoff for me. And on top of that, the map selection is garbage (my opinion). Memleaks suck. Map is too big for a life server. However, there wasn't much better options outside of Altis. 

The only plus side to that server is new clothing, new weapons and new vehicles. In my opinion, if this would have been added to an Altis server, it would be the most populated server all the time.

I was just giving you shit man, I am not one who thinks admins use their powers to get everything :P

I do agree with all your points tho.  I feel like Aussie is way  to big which is evident in the fact that half  the map is nothing but a barren red zone with nothing in it. 

11 hours ago, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

I use to think this about Krypton as well until someone told me he really does have some kind of disability so I cut him a little slack now.  

I mean...coming from probably the worst admin Next to fanzer, who's bias was saddening since he never successfully played rebel life, I don't really find your comment Insulting. In fact I'm sorry you felt people actually liked you. Lying to yourself is a gateway to many negative things.

41 minutes ago, Krypton:) said:

I mean...coming from probably the worst admin Next to fanzer, who's bias was saddening since he never successfully played rebel life, I don't really find your comment Insulting. In fact I'm sorry you felt people actually liked you. Lying to yourself is a gateway to many negative things.

Goldberg actually did something for the community, not like you buddy.

Also, playing rebel/cop/medic is personal preference. People should play whatever the fuck they want. Being a "successful" rebel doesn't make you any better than the rest.