Change Log 6.8.3

Paratus

Just now, The Monopoly Man said:

Making money on 6 is centered on just a couple things. Meth ingredients are all over the map so it's basically hardly worth the hours put in to make meth since you can only own 1 house. Cocaine has the same issue. To drive from coke field to processor on altis takes 5 minutes at least. On Australia it takes 10-20, Simply not worth, then you have to drive ALL the way back to town to sell. 

TLDR

ALOT of ingredient locations/illegal drug areas need to be moved in more convenient locations. Also, PLEASE allow us to own more than 1 house. This map is bigger than altis for crying out loud.

and the laggy ass map does not help aswell.

Just now, bamf said:

I've been money capped for 10 days or so.  How is it only turtles or heroin that people are doing?  I've yet to run heroin once, and I ran turtles all of 1 time.

Just stating what I am seeing and hearing from those I run across in game.  I have yet to try civ, so I may be just missing people consistently at illegal areas, but for the most part I only see people doing those two things.  The map is just so massive and the other money making ventures are fairly far apart.

Gubber Flexx likes this
26 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Considering most of the money in them is created magically out of thin air, it's likely going to stay that way.

So because money is passively generated gangs shouldnt have a reason to continue fighting through restarts? I'm just saying its a bit lame for a gang to log onto another gangs server and the home gang not even bother to come defend because they KNOW the money wont be obtainable. I know you may only see ONE view of this but you obviously are a somewhat smart man so I know what you said you didnt mean.

Just now, Gnashes said:

If you want to take a Cartel; do it with sufficient time to get the money and go sell it.

If there is a way to differentiate between money added via drugs, and money added passively, I'd be fine with allowing some and/or all of the drug money to stay. But the passive money will likely never be allowed to stick around in the containers through restarts.

Cartels are not balanced for the people who feel the need to own all of them on 2 or 3 servers. They're balanced for a gang of 6-10 to hold them all on one server if they are very, very lucky.

I agree the money can get dumb if held for a while, BUT, I thought the whole point of this system was to give gangs a reason to fight, the argument still stands that if you somehow manage to get onto another gangs server and fight over a cartel that has say, 50k in it, and you get on with 15 minutes left, but the message doesnt pop up until you land there the home gang wouldnt bother to show up considering both you and them know you cant get that money.

29 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

So because money is passively generated gangs shouldnt have a reason to continue fighting through restarts? I'm just saying its a bit lame for a gang to log onto another gangs server and the home gang not even bother to come defend because they KNOW the money wont be obtainable. I know you may only see ONE view of this but you obviously are a somewhat smart man so I know what you said you didnt mean.

To be honest here hamsham, I have yet to see one gang say, 'well, server is going to restart and the money is going to be gone, no point in fighting now.'

Gangs are just happy that people are fighting again and will fight to have fun. Some fights are lasting so long that the money from the cartel is generating fast enough, that as soon as they cap it, there is something in there after a restart. 

This is just from what I experienced. And besides, its not like you are really losing THAT much money from the restarts. 

Monster likes this
3 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

To be honest here hamsham, I have yet to see one gang say, 'well, server is going to restart and the money is going to be gone, no point in fighting now.'

Gangs are just happy that people are fighting again and will fight to have fun. Some fights are lasting so long that the money from the cartel is generating fast enough, that as soon as they cap it, there is something in there after a restart. 

This is just from what I experienced. And besides, its not like you are really losing THAT much money from the restarts. 

Right some gangs will fight, some wont, but the fact of the matter still stands that gangs can do that, which is what we want to stray away from.

Just now, hamsham12 said:

Right some gangs will fight, some wont, but the fact of the matter still stands that gangs can do that, which is what we want to stray away from.

And Paratus and the admins want to stray away from giving too much passive money away.  leaving it all there really isnt a option. The question is would leaving 25/30/50% in the box after restart be a fair compromise?

Sergio and Olivia like this
35 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

I agree the money can get dumb if held for a while, BUT, I thought the whole point of this system was to give gangs a reason to fight, the argument still stands that if you somehow manage to get onto another gangs server and fight over a cartel that has say, 50k in it, and you get on with 15 minutes left, but the message doesnt pop up until you land there the home gang wouldnt bother to show up considering both you and them know you cant get that money.

I agree, the money should transfer over a restart, but maybe with a system. Like if its just standing there generating then no, but if cartel is contested or was contested last 10/15 min, then let i transfer

Sergio and hamsham12 like this
49 minutes ago, Haych said:

That's the fastest i've seen something fixed because of a individual crying so much about it. The dream RIP :(

Bring something to me and I will get it fixed, or bring it to the attention of the higher powers here on Asylum :D

I haven't played quite as much as I used to in such a long time so I lost base on what exactly is wrong or needs to be fixed. Once I started playing again, I can see more of the bugs and exploits for rebel life (and some civilian life). Like I told a bunch of people in the Rebel meeting, PM me whenever you need, my inbox is always open. 

PS - A fix is always better than us banning for it ;-D

1 hour ago, Killswitch said:

Bring something to me and I will get it fixed, or bring it to the attention of the higher powers here on Asylum :D

I haven't played quite as much as I used to in such a long time so I lost base on what exactly is wrong or needs to be fixed. Once I started playing again, I can see more of the bugs and exploits for rebel life (and some civilian life). Like I told a bunch of people in the Rebel meeting, PM me whenever you need, my inbox is always open. 

PS - A fix is always better than us banning for it ;-D

I understand but its not exploiting, you bring half your body to the top of the sea level in order to fire up a certain angle, its not like my weapon is inside the water. You can say do it in real life if you had a gun capable of not jamming once its inside the water, say the AK47 for example. A lot of people seem to think I fire my gun inside the water, that's not the case, here's a example. I've seen people do this for months on Meth Cartel, i've just took it to another level and actually use a wetsuit.

https://gyazo.com/85f2388eb3507061d9858defa9215924

Just now, Haych said:

I understand but its not exploiting, you bring half your body to the top of the sea level in order to fire up a certain angle, its not like my weapon is inside the water. You can say do it in real life if you had a gun capable of not jamming once its inside the water, say the AK47 for example. A lot of people seem to think I fire my gun inside the water, that's not the case, here's a example. I've seen people do this for months on Meth Cartel, i've just took it to another level and actually use a wetsuit.

You could argue it, yes. But the only reason its possible is because Bohemia hasn't fixed it or even discovered it yet. I commend you on thinking outside the box however. 

And like I said, if I would have known about it sooner, I would have brought it up to Lord Paratus sooner, but just recently discovered it as well as tested it myself. 

9 minutes ago, Haych said:

didn't know you could fire a heavy battle rifle and keep it afloat while swimming.. do you do this on weekends in the thames?

bullets lose all velocity in 1cm of water. you are pretty much invincible.. it's not meant to happen and you know it

not that i blame you for doing it, it's a great tactic

Edited by d'demise
Haych and Frizzy like this
4 minutes ago, Bilal Battu said:

I can FINALLY leave! Thank you Paratus!

That one was me Bilal. I fought that one time last night and that's all I needed. 

Careful though, that guy at the airport is a 1 trick pony. He can get your plane, but he's not going to put one away for you. 

4 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

You could argue it, yes. But the only reason its possible is because Bohemia hasn't fixed it or even discovered it yet. I commend you on thinking outside the box however. 

And like I said, if I would have known about it sooner, I would have brought it up to Lord Paratus sooner, but just recently discovered it as well as tested it myself. 

I understand and I can honestly say, it is very over powered, but its so easily countered. I understand the concerns but theres a lot of bugs that have been out there for a long time and they are still here. Still nice seeing something addressed being fixed, but I'll always find a new way to roach ;). I just didn't like when people called it 'exploiting' when its not, but I do agree with patching it.

Eyad and Killswitch like this
8 hours ago, Killswitch said:

I thought that it was just a feature to shoot outside the water... It always made sense to me. Like navy seal style raising out of the water to pop some guys. I've known of the ability to shoot standard firearms while swimming for as long as I can remember playing arma 3  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Ghost0fDawn
Just now, Ghost0fDawn said:

I thought that it was just a feature to shoot outside the water... It always made sense to me. Like navy seal style raising out of the water to pop some guys. I've known of the ability to shoot standard firearms while swimming for as long as I can remember playing arma 3  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No it use to not work at all. The only way you could shoot is if the water was up to like, your waist...maybe even below your characters chest. I use to do that tactic at prison breaks...the thing was, that you were quite a bit exposed when you popped up to shoot.

If Bohemia would actually fix bullet penetration in water, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. 

Frizzy likes this