Change Log 6.8.3

Paratus

11 minutes ago, Krypton:) said:

Because the dev Does not often play the game, and probably thinks he is doing players a great service or something by 'balancing'

I have a better idea, you ready for this?

Leave the community and make your own server where you can decide what gets implemented. 

Problem solved, problem staying solved. 

Haych, Vash, IAmLegion and 3 others like this
Just now, epTic said:

Bet that metal in your pockets feels real nice when the defib kicks in. 

They strip you naked in trauma, your argument is invalid. You should wake up naked. 

i bet that spikestrip feels damn good in your back pocket , also i keep my defib in my backpack!

and why wake up naked? i get defibed on the spot , with all my gear on!

Just now, Parker said:

I think some people fail to realize is we are all here to have fun. If alot of people are complaining about a feature, remove it. It's not that hard. Why add a bunch of features that no one likes.

A lot of people are not complaining. 

Just now, Budbringer said:

I see 3 people on the forums complaining and not 1 of them have came up with a good reason why its unbalanced. Only reason I've seen is because it's aids or retarded

Have we gotten a good reason why it was changed or unbalanced the way it was? Also they have made a poll on it in suggestions and feedback more ppl "think it is aids". Just simple fix put back the way it was and people will not be mad about it. No reason to have changed it to begin with. #complaining

21 hours ago, bamf said:

Actually that wasn't "broken" as you claim.  Y menu drops upon death now as an actual feature to prevent needing to camp a body, or to have to execute someone in order to get their "loot".  The player's "loot" now spreads out so that you have to move some to collect all of the items.  All of this was intentionally put into the game.

The one part that may still be bugged is that "loot" does not stay on top of buildings as we want it to when someone is killed on an elevated position.

Why would you seriously think that was a better option?  Executing someone would've been the best way to get people's loot.  This is why people think you guys just bugged it, such a horrible change.

kryptonthegamer likes this
Just now, TeamFrizzy said:

Have we gotten a good reason why it was changed or unbalanced the way it was? Also they have made a poll on it in suggestions and feedback more ppl "think it is aids". Just simple fix put back the way it was and people will not be mad about it. No reason to have changed it to begin with. #complaining

Well I am glad that you guys have relegated your voice to "its aids" instead of something well written and professional. Maybe once a educated post is made and valid points arise some one will pay attention.  No-one cares about bitchfests tbh.

2 minutes ago, TeamFrizzy said:

How is it ballanced that you get killed and just stand up with no effect and continue fighting?

Let's go back in time and look at the history of items on the ground on the Asylum servers:

1. Harken back to ye olden days, when items on the ground cleaned up with the cleanup script.  You had no idea when the cleanup script would hit, so anything on the ground was subject to be removed from the game magically at basically any time (it ran on a schedule, but I'm sure you had that perfectly in mind while being shot at).  Upon death, player's items would fall to a single pile on the ground and would clean up when the cleanup script ran.

2.  During the middle ages, players complained that items on the ground magically disappeared and they had no way of knowing when the cleanup script would run and take these pixels from them.  Almighty Paratus made it so that a player's items would not come off of them until they respawned.  The great camping of bodies ensued.  Eventually we were granted the ability to strip people of their pixels by "executing" them, but alas we were unable to do so in populated areas.  

3.  Fast forward to present day.  Both systems have been combined now, but with the addition of protection for our pixels to make it at least 5 minutes on the ground without being magically removed.  It's almost as if the defib timers and the items remaining on the ground are synced up in a way.  

Items drop, they persist for a full cleanup cycle, and then they despawn after 5 minutes.  If you can be revived, you can grab your items back, but you must move around a touch to do so now so that you can't sit behind a wall and grab all your things that dropped on the other side of the wall (leaving you potentially no risk to re-gather said items).  Items drop no more than 2 meters from your corpse now, so the complaints of having to run to the edges of the earth to gather your things back are a touch exaggerated.  

Does that explain it better?

27 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Well I am glad that you guys

Dont categorize me I was simply saying what I have read.

37 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

I see 3 people on the forums complaining and not 1 of them have came up with a good reason why its unbalanced. Only reason I've seen is because it's aids or retarded

I strongly suggest going to the suggestions and feedback thread to read suggestions and feedback. As that is where I place my suggestions.

29 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

How is it ballanced that you get killed and just stand up with no effect and continue fighting?

The same way cops do.........

13 minutes ago, bamf said:

Let's go back in time and look at the history of items on the ground on the Asylum servers:

1. Harken back to ye olden days, when items on the ground cleaned up with the cleanup script.  You had no idea when the cleanup script would hit, so anything on the ground was subject to be removed from the game magically at basically any time (it ran on a schedule, but I'm sure you had that perfectly in mind while being shot at).  Upon death, player's items would fall to a single pile on the ground and would clean up when the cleanup script ran.

2.  During the middle ages, players complained that items on the ground magically disappeared and they had no way of knowing when the cleanup script would run and take these pixels from them.  Almighty Paratus made it so that a player's items would not come off of them until they respawned.  The great camping of bodies ensued.  Eventually we were granted the ability to strip people of their pixels by "executing" them, but alas we were unable to do so in populated areas.  

3.  Fast forward to present day.  Both systems have been combined now, but with the addition of protection for our pixels to make it at least 5 minutes on the ground without being magically removed.  It's almost as if the defib timers and the items remaining on the ground are synced up in a way.  

Items drop, they persist for a full cleanup cycle, and then they despawn after 5 minutes.  If you can be revived, you can grab your items back, but you must move around a touch to do so now so that you can't sit behind a wall and grab all your things that dropped on the other side of the wall (leaving you potentially no risk to re-gather said items).  Items drop no more than 2 meters from your corpse now, so the complaints of having to run to the edges of the earth to gather your things back are a touch exaggerated.  

Does that explain it better?

Thanks bamf for explaining it in a way where it actually made sense instead of trying to argue with people like everyone else but I was just a little confused as to why the Y inventory has to scatter as I have not heard or have seen any talk of wanting it to do so from the community. The only thing I suggest is if the it is not "ballanced/fair" card is being played why dont cops have to scatter around for the Y inventory and why is this inconvenience only for civs/rebel?

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

There is no "balancing" issue. You died. You were revived (thanks to a mechanic said developer implemented), allowed to keep your gear (thanks to a mechanic said developer implemented), are able to pick up your stuff and keep fighting (thanks to a mechanic said developer implemented).

If I were him, I'd break defibs for 48 hours and make you all understand how entitled you sound.

Unfortunately, GrateChester, you were full on potato back before Defibs were a thing. So you wouldn't really know much about that life, would you fam?

I didn't have interest playing a server with no defibs Lol. And I started playing August of 2014 on asylum when there was defibs. I played COD before arma....and gmod, that's it. Why does olympus Suck? Only because there is no defibs.

Edited by Krypton:)
2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Cops have been losing y since the patch, No-one is crying about it tho.

K bud.....Did you even read why I said that? That ignorant comment followed by quoting me kind of says you didn't.

P.S I know that cops Y has been disappearing I play cop and have "cried" about it. That is a different issue alltogether.....

Edited by TeamFrizzy
kryptonthegamer likes this
6 minutes ago, TeamFrizzy said:

K bud.....Did you even read why I said that? That ignorant comment followed by quoting me kind of says you didn't.

P.S I know that cops Y has been disappearing I play cop and have "cried" about it. That is a different issue alltogether.....

Im not sure what you mean by cops not dealing with issues on revive then...

Edited by HotWings
Just now, HotWings said:

Im not sure what you mean by cops not dealing with issues on revive then. We still need to use pain killers, bloodbag, get the revive debuf. Sounds like youre just saying shit to say it at this point.

Like I said you didn't read or you just simply do not understand so I guess I will break it down for you. This quote that you just said sounds like you are just argueing bullshit.

48 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

My reponse to this quote was the same way cops do. Meaning cops do not have to scatter around to pick up the Y so why should I have to.

1 minute ago, TeamFrizzy said:

Like I said you didn't read or you just simply do not understand so I guess I will break it down for you. This quote that you just said sounds like you are just argueing bullshit.

The explanation was real. Thanks for clarifying.  

5 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Given that createVehicle has additional and optional parameters for "distance from defined spawnpoint" which were previous not utilized and are now coded specifically to work that way, I am going to make an illogical argument and say that you just broke it and are too lazy to fix it because my thousands of hours with zero coding knowledge clearly proves it to be so.

That's how this works, right?

FIGHT

Given that createVehicle has additional and optional parameters for "distance from defined spawnpoint" which were previous not utilized and are now coded specifically to work that way, I am going to make an illogical argument and say that you just broke it and are too lazy to fix it because my thousands of hours with zero coding knowledge clearly proves it to be so.

Callout thread: Bamf & Paratus 

^ also is it a feature that it doesent even drop anymore?

1 hour ago, TeamFrizzy said:

Dont categorize me I was simply saying what I have read.

I strongly suggest going to the suggestions and feedback thread to read suggestions and feedback. As that is where I place my suggestions.

The same way cops do.........

Thanks bamf for explaining it in a way where it actually made sense instead of trying to argue with people like everyone else but I was just a little confused as to why the Y inventory has to scatter as I have not heard or have seen any talk of wanting it to do so from the community. The only thing I suggest is if the it is not "ballanced/fair" card is being played why dont cops have to scatter around for the Y inventory and why is this inconvenience only for civs/rebel?

Cops can't RDM you 2km away from the bank and be unbanned the next day like some people.