Just now, bamf said:

S6 hotfix:

• Moved the cocaine pit and processor
  • Moved ephedra field and phosphorous mine
  • Added an air garage to Darwin
  • The Courthouse in Darwin will now accept prisoners from Bounty Hunters
  • Helicopters are moderately cheaper now for both rebels and the APD
  • The APD has additional weapons choices beginning at the rank of Constable

Will the shop to buy the weapons actually work? It was only showing the m9 for me yesterday.  

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Given that createVehicle has additional and optional parameters for "distance from defined spawnpoint" which were previously not utilized and are now coded specifically to work that way, I am going to make an illogical argument and say that you just broke it and are too lazy to fix it because my thousands of hours with zero coding knowledge clearly proves it to be so.

That's how this works, right?

Or the fact it was previously drastically unpractical to have items 20m Away from your body.

1 hour ago, bamf said:

S6 hotfix:

• Moved the cocaine pit and processor
  • Moved ephedra field and phosphorous mine (great change)
  • Added an air garage to Darwin
  • The Courthouse in Darwin will now accept prisoners from Bounty Hunters
  • Helicopters are moderately cheaper now for both rebels and the APD
  • The APD has additional weapons choices beginning at the rank of Constable

ALL great changes, love the gun update for APD so now we have a chance when shooting tires out.

The only thing that immediately comes to mind, after seeing the new locations, is to move Meth Lab somewhere that isn't ~1km from 2 different chop shops and a route that is often traveled when heading to that north rebel base. As it stands its too easy to just drive by Meth Lab on the way to chop shop or north rebel and see if someone is cooking. The Lab needs to be much more visually hidden IMO.

I only say this because Ephedra is right next to Meth Lab now, something needs to move in that area. There's like, 2 chop shops, ephedra, Black Market, Meth lab, and a rebel base; just feels like too much in one area. I imagine it would become a serious clusterfuck when the server is full.

Edited by Sergio
Scott and HotWings like this
25 minutes ago, Sergio said:

ALL great changes, love the gun update for APD so now we have a chance when shooting tires out.

The only thing that immediately comes to mind, after seeing the new locations, is to move Meth Lab somewhere that isn't ~1km from 2 different chop shops and a route that is often traveled when heading to that north rebel base. As it stands its too easy to just drive by Meth Lab on the way to chop shop or north rebel and see if someone is cooking. The Lab needs to be much more visually hidden IMO.

I only say this because Ephedra is right next to Meth Lab now, something needs to move in that area. There's like, 2 chop shops, ephedra, Black Market, Meth lab, and a rebel base; just feels like too much in one area. I imagine it would become a serious clusterfuck when the server is full.

The meth lab did not move with this patch, it's always been right there in relation to the chop shop.  If you do get caught cooking meth, the people taking your vehicle do have a choice to make - take the drugs somewhere and store them for maximum profit, or chop the vehicle for a quick payout.  

Good feedback though, and something that we can watch now that meth may be a bit more popular in terms of time vs. effort.

Sergio likes this
3 minutes ago, bamf said:

The meth lab did not move with this patch, it's always been right there in relation to the chop shop.  If you do get caught cooking meth, the people taking your vehicle do have a choice to make - take the drugs somewhere and store them for maximum profit, or chop the vehicle for a quick payout.  

Good feedback though, and something that we can watch now that meth may be a bit more popular in terms of time vs. effort.

Yes yes I'm aware Meth Lab was not moved, I was only saying that I think it might want to be moved now :D

i.e. somewhere nearby that is more hidden within trees and generally less open to sniping.

Edited by Sergio
kryptonthegamer likes this

@Paratus @Motown @bamf @Mr Smirnoff @Leady @Starance @Gnashes @BaDaBiNg_10-8 @Spank @Sojobo @Killswitch @Padrinos @Olio @Sneaky @Trilligy @Buckwalter @Snatch @Budbringer @DJScias @Volunteer281 @HapHazard @Ghillie Dhu

I love server 6 and am really sad seeing it dying at the rate it is. Much against popular belief, memory leaks and house bugs aren't fully culpable for people leaving server 6 in droves. I obviously can't speak for the majority of the community. Who I can voice a complaint for is the people who enjoy combat on Australia. People are getting disinterested because there is a lack of "end game" material to enjoy and most of the content that is available is either not balanced or not worth the reward. In addition to a lack of balanced end game content, the main source of entertainment for most civs is fighting the APD. Cops; however, are under powered and there is a lack of incentive to play against rebels with buggies since all they have to do is go off road to escape. Thankfully, the weapon upgrade was a step in the right direction but they need better off road vehicles for balance to be achieved. I'm going to list a few things that must be changed as well as stuff that I would like to see changed in order for some people to enjoy and continue enjoying playing on 6 because it has the potential to be the best server out of all of them.

APD changes that are a MUST:

• Give all police better vehicles than the Crown Victorias. Also, give the police some vehicle with equivalent offroading capabilities as the buggy. The Crown Victoria is worse than the original Holdens in all areas besides fuel availability. They are also one of the worst cars offroad leaving any fleeing civilian a "get away free from cops" card the second they choose to go offroad. On road the Crown Vics clearly fair better than off-road but spin out uncontrollably if you need to make the slightest change in direction and almost ensure any perpetrators get away scott free time and time again. 

Civilian changes that are a MUST:

• Balance the Prison Break where the police cannot spawn into the towers. Balance at the Prison Break is extremely difficult because if you allow rebels to be in the towers without the cops being able to spawn in them, then the prison break would be overpowered for the rebels. However, alternatively, if you continue to allow cops to be able to spawn in the towers then the prison break is overpowered for the police. 
    • IDEAS ON BALANCING:
      • Allow rebels to be able to "hack" into the gates to open them for civilians. Both front gates should have to be cracked (These two front gates should be able to be cracked in a small amount of time like the vaults at the federal reserve) and the front door of the actual prison building should have be cracked as well (The front door should take a longer time to crack however, like the actual domes at the federal reserve). All other iron bar gates inside the actual prison building should additionally have to be cracked as well (however, the shorter time "vault" cracks should be used for these inner iron bar doors). Prisoners should simply be able to run out of the building in order to escape instead of being teleported outside of the prison. 
      • Move the spawning area to the parking lot of the Maximum Security Prison for police. Disable this ability for police to spawn in here when the prison break is active. Instead, allow the police the ability to spawn in at any of the near by towns' HQ to quickly be able to respond to the Prison Break. 
      • Allow SWAT Leader and Sgts+ to use demolition charges on the towers to destroy them. Also, allow rebels the ability to use demolition charges on the towers as well. This would ensure a equal and fair approach for both rebels and cops to destroy the number 1 thing making the prison break overpowered for one side or another.
  • Balance the Police HQs and small "county" jails to allow rebels to hack into them and possibly save their friends.
    • IDEAS ON BALANCING: 
      • Allow the main gate of the "county" jails to be hackable in a decent amount of time (2~3 minutes) and make the inner doors of the jail hackable at a reduced time compared to the outside gates. The HQ doors should also be hackable however the HQ doors should take a lot longer time to hack to add an incentive for cops to continue to bring suspects to the HQ first. (there should be some incentive for the police to take suspects to HQ first then to county jail and should not be able to send people to jail from the HQ)
  • Add a "Bank of Australia" in a location that makes sense and is fair and balanced.
  • Add the option of being able to rob the smaller "branch banks".
    • HOW TO ROB THE BANK (An idea of how it should work)
      • The branch banks should have small amounts gems and dirty money in each safety deposit box. The longer you stay searching through safety deposit boxes, the larger the risk and ergo, the larger the reward. 
    • Going through the front:
      • The first door (https://gyazo.com/11e7e31e41c43fbde9024a60ae8d2b8c)
        • If you open this first door, you should have a chance to be spotted by bank cameras if you have a demo charge or a drill.
        • You should have to crack open this door however it should be a very quick crack with a low chance of setting off the alarm.
          • 1~2 minute crack
      • The second door (https://gyazo.com/dd8957d2b56216ee1d7de59420bf1fc9)
        • This door should be your first serious barrier to overcome to gain entrance to the bank. 
          • 2~3 minute crack
      • Cracking the vault or destroying the security system in the security room (https://gyazo.com/3278a91861c69385d0bf2a30c242fcd1)
        • Cracking the vault should take significantly longer if the security system is still active. If the security system is online, the cracking of the vault should take
          • 7~8 minute crack
        • Cracking the vault should take significantly shorter if the security system is offline. If the security system is offline, the cracking of the vault should take 3~4 minutes. This means that cracking the security room door and taking the security system offline saves roughly 2~3 minutes on cracking the vault with the time spent on cracking the security room door included. 
      • Cracking the inner door iron bar door. (https://gyazo.com/ca4979718bf793fb458e3af3b2dff261)
        • 1~2 minute crack
    • Going through the roof:
    • IDEALS ON BALANCING
      • Incorporate a cooldown so no other branch banks can be robbed while one is currently being robbed. 
      • Add a option (NOT ON A CELL PHONE!) to get "insider information" for a fee from vendors at any rebel outposts detailing how much dirty money and valuable gems are currently being held at each branch bank.
      • Add an option (ON THE CELL PHONE!) for police to check how much money and valuable gems are currently being held at each location. 
  • Add desirable cartel locations.
    • I can't stress this enough. The community keeps going to the same three cartel locations over and over. Learn from what they like and try and replicate it. The desirable locations are both arms dealer locations (church on the hill and the castle on the hill) and the old Meth Cartel location. Here is what the community is looking for in a cartel location:
      • A defensible but not impossible position to hold. This includes several barriers or large rocks that can serve as sold cover from the front but not the back.
      • A series of positions spread out in all directions that attackers can use to have equal cover to what the cartel defenders have. This allows players to close the distance to cartel by "hop scotching" from cover to cover.
    • Current server 6 cartel locations are all undesirable for large gangs/gangs who fight cartels alot with the exception of Drug Cartel which is alright but still has a lot of flaws. Mainly, the lack of hard cover (in the form of large rocks in this case) that attackers can use to help close the distance to the tree house. 
    • Avoid large military towers but use the smaller "deer stand" towers.

Things that I think should be in sever 6:

• Weapons:
    • Open up the floodgate on all weapons that are not:
      • Portable belt fed machine guns over the 6.5mm caliber (Nothing over Mk200)
      • .50 caliber sniper rifles. 
      • Grenade launchers (although, smoke grenade launchers underslung from assault rifles wouldn't be a bad idea to implement) 
      • All rocket launchers
  • Vehicles: 
    • There is a myriad of armored and non armored vehicles that can easily be incorporated into the game that are far more reasonable than the buggy. Personally, I would just get rid of the buggy all together. It's armor is insane for its cost and and and top speed. The buggy also makes crashing offroad near impossible unless you simply don't care and go 200km/h over the top of a hill. It honestly needs to go. 
  • Helicopters:
    • Why not include the numerous transport helicopters available? Almost all of them are near the same speed as the hummingbird and have almost zero armor. You can one shot the pilot of all of the Marine/Army/Czeck unarmed transport helicopters with a 9mm.

Edited by Hubschrauber
Just now, Hubschrauber said:

@Paratus @Motown @bamf @Mr Smirnoff

I love server 6 and am really sad seeing it dying at the rate it is. Much against popular belief, memory leaks and house bugs aren't fully culpable for people leaving server 6 in droves. I obviously can't speak for the majority of the community. Who I can voice a complaint for is the people who enjoy combat on Australia. People are getting disinterested because there is a lack of "end game" material to enjoy and most of the content that is available is either not balanced or not worth the reward. I'm going to list a few things that must be changed as well as stuff that I would like to see changed in order for some people to enjoy and continue enjoying playing on 6 because it has the potential to be the best server out of all of them.

• Give all police better vehicles than the Crown Victorias. Also, give the police some vehicle with equivalent offroading capabilities as the buggy. The Crown Victoria is worse than the original Holdens in all areas besides fuel availability. They are also one of the worst cars offroad leaving any fleeing civilian a "get away free from cops" card the second they choose to go offroad. On road the Crown Vics clearly fair better than off-road but spin out uncontrollably if you need to make the slightest change in direction and almost ensure any perpetrators get away scott free time and time again. 

• Balance the Prison Break where the police cannot spawn into the towers. Balance at the Prison Break is extremely difficult because if you allow rebels to be in the towers without the cops being able to spawn in them, then the prison break would be overpowered for the rebels. However, alternatively, if you continue to allow cops to be able to spawn in the towers then the prison break is overpowered for the police. 
    • IDEAS ON BALANCING:
      • Allow rebels to be able to "hack" into the gates to open them for civilians. Both front gates should have to be cracked (These two front gates should be able to be cracked in a small amount of time like the vaults at the federal reserve) and the front door of the actual prison building should have be cracked as well (The front door should take a longer time to crack however, like the actual domes at the federal reserve). All other iron bar gates inside the actual prison building should additionally have to be cracked as well (however, the shorter time "vault" cracks should be used for these inner iron bar doors). Prisoners should simply be able to run out of the building in order to escape instead of being teleported outside of the prison. 
      • Move the spawning area to the parking lot of the Maximum Security Prison for police. Disable this ability for police to spawn in here when the prison break is active. Instead, allow the police the ability to spawn in at any of the near by towns to quickly be able to respond to the Prison Break. 
      • Allow SWAT Leader and Sgts+ to use demolition charges on the towers to destroy them. Also, allow rebels the ability to use demolition charges on the towers as well. This would ensure a equal and fair approach for both rebels and cops to destroy the number 1 thing making the prison break overpowered for one side or another.
  • Balance the Police HQs and small "county" jails to allow rebels to hack into them and possibly save their friends.
    • IDEAS ON BALANCING: 
      • Allow the main gate of the "county" jails to be hackable in a decent amount of time (2~3 minutes) and make the inner doors of the jail hackable at a reduced time compared to the outside gates. The HQ doors should also be hackable however the HQ doors should take a lot longer time to hack to add an incentive for cops to continue to bring suspects to the HQ first then the county jail. (there should be some incentive for the police to take suspects to HQ first then to county jail and should not be able to send people to jail from the HQ)
  • Add a "Bank of Australia" in a location that makes sense and is fair and balanced.
      • The branch banks should have small amounts gems and dirty money in each safety deposit box. The longer you stay searching through safety deposit boxes, the larger the risk and ergo, the larger the reward. 
        • If you open this first door, you should have a chance to be spotted by bank cameras if you have a demo charge or a drill.
        • You should have to crack open this door however it should be a very quick crack with a low chance of setting off the alarm.
          • 1~2 minute crack
        • This door should be your first serious barrier to overcome to gain entrance to the bank. 
          • 2~3 minute crack
      • Cracking the vault or destroying the security system in the security room (https://gyazo.com/3278a91861c69385d0bf2a30c242fcd1)
        • Cracking the vault should take significantly longer if the security system is still active. If the security system is online, the cracking of the vault should take
          • 7~8 minute crack
        • Cracking the vault should take significantly shorter if the security system is offline. If the security system is offline, the cracking of the vault should take 3~4 minutes. This means that cracking the security room door and taking the security system offline saves roughly 2~3 minutes on cracking the vault with the time spent on cracking the security room door included. 
      • Cracking the inner door iron bar door. (https://gyazo.com/ca4979718bf793fb458e3af3b2dff261)
        • 1~2 minute crack
    • IDEALS ON BALANCING
      • Incorporate a cooldown so no other branch banks can be robbed while one is currently being robbed. 
      • Add a option (NOT ON A CELL PHONE!) to get "insider information" for a fee from vendors at any rebel outposts detailing how much dirty money and valuable gems are currently being held at each branch bank.
      • Add an option (ON THE CELL PHONE!) for police to check how much money and valuable gems are currently being held at each location. 
    • I can't stress this enough. The community keeps going to the same three cartel locations over and over. Learn from what they like and try and replicate it. The desirable locations are both arms dealer locations (church on the hill and the castle on the hill) and the old Meth Cartel location. Here is what the community is looking for in a cartel location:
      • A defensible but not impossible position to hold. This includes several barriers or large rocks that can serve as sold cover from the front but not the back.
      • A series of positions spread out in all directions that attackers can use to have equal cover to what the cartel defenders have. This allows players to close the distance to cartel by "hop scotching" from cover to cover.
    • Current server 6 cartel locations are all undesirable for large gangs/gangs who fight cartels alot with the exception of Drug Cartel which is alright but still has a lot of flaws. Mainly, the lack of hard cover (in the form of large rocks in this case) that attackers can use to help close the distance to the tree house. 

• Weapons:
      • Grenade launchers (although, smoke grenade launchers underslung from assault rifles wouldn't be a bad idea to implement) 
      • All rocket launchers
  • Vehicles: 
    • There is a myriad of armored and non armored vehicles that can easily be incorporated into the game that are far more reasonable than the buggy. Personally, I would just get rid of the buggy all together. It's armor is insane for its cost and and and top speed. The buggy also makes crashing offroad near impossible unless you simply don't care and go 200km/h over the top of a hill. It honestly needs to go. 
  • Helicopters:
    • Why not include the numerous transport helicopters available? Almost all of them are near the same speed as the hummingbird and have almost zero armor. You can one shot the pilot of all of the Marine/Army/Czeck unarmed transport helicopters with a 9mm.

How dare you make a well thought out, and suggestive post in here?  Don't you know this is the "Bitches and Complaints" subsection!?

4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Given that createVehicle has additional and optional parameters for "distance from defined spawnpoint" which were previously not utilized and are now coded specifically to work that way, I am going to make an illogical argument and say that you just broke it and are too lazy to fix it because my thousands of hours with zero coding knowledge clearly proves it to be so.

That's how this works, right?

umad?

Ever heard of the statement:

If it's not broken dont fix it.

Like it was working perfectly no one complained, then you add some annoying parameter making everything fly everywhere so autistic-ally and you're like, "man this feature owns, I own, im such a script god". 

like no, plain and simple, the feature sucks, and once again dont make a illogical statement trying to sound logical, its just plain stupid

Just now, Vash said:

Things need to change and evolve, otherwise it becomes boring.

You're trolling right...?

So because your Y menu spawns on the ground RIGHT where you died, it becomes boring, and making it spread and you have to on an easter-egg-hunt makes it so much more enjoyable and fun, I can really see what you mean, if the Y menu dropping when your dead doesnt change, I might quit as well, such a controversial issue..

Just now, hamsham12 said:

You're trolling right...?

So because your Y menu spawns on the ground RIGHT where you died, it becomes boring, and making it spread and you have to on an easter-egg-hunt makes it so much more enjoyable and fun, I can really see what you mean, if the Y menu dropping when your dead doesnt change, I might quit as well, such a controversial issue..

I wasn't talking about the Y inventory dropping specifically.

11 minutes ago, Hubschrauber said:

I love server 6 and am really sad seeing it dying at the rate it is. Much against popular belief, memory leaks and house bugs aren't fully culpable for people leaving server 6 in droves. I obviously can't speak for the majority of the community. Who I can voice a complaint for is the people who enjoy combat on Australia. People are getting disinterested because there is a lack of "end game" material to enjoy and most of the content that is available is either not balanced or not worth the reward. In addition to a lack of balanced end game content, the main source of entertainment for most civs (that being the APD) is under powered lacks incentive to play against rebels with buggies. Thankfully, the weapon upgrade was a step in the right direction but they need better off road vehicles to balance it out. I'm going to list a few things that must be changed as well as stuff that I would like to see changed in order for some people to enjoy and continue enjoying playing on 6 because it has the potential to be the best server out of all of them.

• IDEAS ON BALANCING:
      • Move the spawning area to the parking lot of the Maximum Security Prison for police. Disable this ability for police to spawn in here when the prison break is active. Instead, allow the police the ability to spawn in at any of the near by towns to quickly be able to respond to the Prison Break. 
    • IDEAS ON BALANCING: 
      • Allow the main gate of the "county" jails to be hackable in a decent amount of time (2~3 minutes) and make the inner doors of the jail hackable at a reduced time compared to the outside gates. The HQ doors should also be hackable however the HQ doors should take a lot longer time to hack to add an incentive for cops to continue to bring suspects to the HQ first then the county jail. (there should be some incentive for the police to take suspects to HQ first then to county jail and should not be able to send people to jail from the HQ)
          • 1~2 minute crack
          • 2~3 minute crack
          • 7~8 minute crack
        • 1~2 minute crack
    • IDEALS ON BALANCING

• Weapons:
      • All rocket launchers
  • Vehicles: 
  • Helicopters:

Really good points one of the major things I did not understand is why only 1% of vehicles and guns were added. Whats the point of having mods if we dont utilize most of them. 

I did a write about this as well, so many guns are missing, so many helicopters are missing. 

Also original idea was to use only half the map to concentrate people in largely one area. When server was released to my surprise the whole map was utilized which just made the server a ghost town even with 120 people. But now with only 30 players average it feels like you are the only one playing. 

Server needs to go back to the original idea. Sydney was only fun first 3 days now you never see people there. Its dead, it feels dead. 

2 hours ago, hamsham12 said:

umad?

Ever heard of the statement:

If it's not broken dont fix it.

Like it was working perfectly no one complained, then you add some annoying parameter making everything fly everywhere so autistic-ally and you're like, "man this feature owns, I own, im such a script god". 

like no, plain and simple, the feature sucks, and once again dont make a illogical statement trying to sound logical, its just plain stupid

Couldn't help but chuckle reading this :lol: +1

Edited by What zit tooya
Frizzy likes this
2 hours ago, Hubschrauber said:

I love server 6 and am really sad seeing it dying at the rate it is. Much against popular belief, memory leaks and house bugs aren't fully culpable for people leaving server 6 in droves. I obviously can't speak for the majority of the community. Who I can voice a complaint for is the people who enjoy combat on Australia. People are getting disinterested because there is a lack of "end game" material to enjoy and most of the content that is available is either not balanced or not worth the reward. In addition to a lack of balanced end game content, the main source of entertainment for most civs (that being the APD) is under powered lacks incentive to play against rebels with buggies. Thankfully, the weapon upgrade was a step in the right direction but they need better off road vehicles to balance it out. I'm going to list a few things that must be changed as well as stuff that I would like to see changed in order for some people to enjoy and continue enjoying playing on 6 because it has the potential to be the best server out of all of them.

• IDEAS ON BALANCING:
      • Move the spawning area to the parking lot of the Maximum Security Prison for police. Disable this ability for police to spawn in here when the prison break is active. Instead, allow the police the ability to spawn in at any of the near by towns' HQ to quickly be able to respond to the Prison Break. 
    • IDEAS ON BALANCING: 
          • 1~2 minute crack
          • 2~3 minute crack
          • 7~8 minute crack
        • 1~2 minute crack
    • IDEALS ON BALANCING

• Weapons:
      • All rocket launchers
  • Vehicles: 
  • Helicopters:

I couldn't agree with Hubs more, s6 gave us something new, for me personally i gave up on altis, I got bored of it after spending months on it. Aussie refreshed it for me and gave me a reason to come back. So far most of the stuff the admins have done are mostly good things. Of course there are somethings i may not exactly agree with, but in general i think the experience is getting better. I think that you should follow some of the advice Hubs gave because he makes a lot of good points, that could bring people back. 

8 hours ago, HotWings said:

Well I am glad that you guys have relegated your voice to "its aids" instead of something well written and professional. Maybe once a educated post is made and valid points arise some one will pay attention.  No-one cares about bitchfests tbh.

This is true. As to Bada, I just feel it's very stressful. If you die at a cartel, it really sucks. If you get defibbed and take the chance to get your medical, you have a very high chance of dying, which will suck even more. You almost can't even fight without it realistically. The sway and screen shaking is intense.

As a lot of people say, it's a game, and if something that stressful is still here, I'm not sure why it is @BaDaBiNg_10-8.

My argument is supposed to be my opinion, and I hope you don't take any of it as bitching. If it weren't removed, you won't see me crying about it. I just wanted to see if it were a possibility to remove it. If you can get a defib during a cartel fight then that is enough tactics in its own to be honest, let alone chasing around the redgulls / blood bags / painkillers that you absolutely -Need-.

The only people I have noticed replying about Y inventory not being a problem is cops. Why do you think that is? Y isn't a problem for them. Honestly it's a little bit hypocritical because when money was dropping on death for cops at one time, there were a LOT of complaints. You didn't see any rebels / civs telling the cops to "stfu" because they wanted a feature back that they appreciated. Most rebels can appreciate what cops want because it makes them enjoy their time more, but it doesn't seem the other way around.

Gubber Flexx likes this