Change Log 6.8.4

Paratus

3 hours ago, Jonah said:

Yeah, blocking the keybinds doesnt do anything when you can just rebind it, all you have done is made people who used 1-0 and p have to rebind those keys.

It's a game breaker and it still hasn't been resolved. Literally the most laziest way was taken to fix it. Even some shitty Altis Life servers have it removed and they have developers who literally can't code for shit. 

Simply recode the whole grouping system if thats what it takes, or adapt a Group addon from another developer on Armaholic and work around that. Pentax and Tree has some interesting ideas to resolve it. Sure it may take some time, but I don't think some Admins understand how severe of a issue this is. Maybe Admins who fight ( @Killswitch @DaQuan ) might be able to shed some light onto @Paratus on how important of a game changer Group Lead functions are. This should be up on the list as high priority.

Having the ability to command view a entire area, or simply find out where people are with a instant and box them is beyond broken. Here's a example if you want to know how severe of a issue this is. 

13 minutes ago, Haych said:

It's a game breaker and it still hasn't been resolved. Literally the most laziest way was taken to fix it. Even some shitty Altis Life servers have it removed and they have developers who literally can't code for shit. 

Simply recode the whole grouping system if thats what it takes, or adapt a Group addon from another developer on Armaholic and work around that. Pentax and Tree has some interesting ideas to resolve it. Sure it may take some time, but I don't think some Admins understand how severe of a issue this is. Maybe Admins who fight ( @Killswitch @DaQuan ) might be able to shed some light onto @Paratus on how important of a game changer Group Lead functions are. This should be up on the list as high priority.

Having the ability to command view a entire area, or simply find out where people are with a instant and box them is beyond broken. Here's a example if you want to know how severe of a issue this is. 

you could have every admin telling him it needs to be fixed (and this is the case for this) and it would be a struggle to get it done. *shrugs*

Haych likes this
1 hour ago, Pentax said:

Or you know they could start banning people for accessing the command camera, I've been told by an admin that it is logged, and whenever someone access it, it shows up on the logs as camera view or something like that.

That would be nice, but I highly doubt it will happen. Command view isn't the only problem though, the lead menu is just as worse.

8 hours ago, Pentax said:

Or you know they could start banning people for accessing the command camera, I've been told by an admin that it is logged, and whenever someone access it, it shows up on the logs as camera view or something like that.

Can you not? I'd like to stay here :kappa: 

3 hours ago, Krypton:) said:

why is command camera suddenly enabled after being disabled for 2 years? Lolfail

It used to be a thing very few people knew about, but recently some people have figured out how to use it and are abusing it now. 

Diary thing has always been a thing (Although it was complicated) and has been patched

However there is an even simpler way of accessing it.

Sure when you press Num[.] it says "Command view is disabled blah blah blah" Thats been like that for two years. 

3 hours ago, hamsham12 said:

As of today the "red-boxing" feature, at least the one that I was aware of, is no longer usable. 

Still able to access it, if you read the arma 3 patch notes about how commanding menu works now, you'll understand why you couldn't access it.

Edited by Pentax
38 minutes ago, Haych said:

This Arma patch has caused some very annoying bugs/changes. Hands sticking out of MRAP windows. Jumping out of Ifrits with your gun holstered. Orca handling is very different. Ice skating. I've seen a lot of people getting memory leaks. 

Comes as no surprise.

This is Bohemia we're talking about... breaking everything and changing what 95% of the playerbase is used to...

I am curious as to who thought it would be a good idea to change Orca handling in the ways that they did. I believe it the thought process goes something like "Oh, it's only been like this for three years, why not change it now?" 

Memory leaks will also be a nice addition to both combat and the FPS drops that players experience so frequently anyway.

Along with memory leaks, cartel combat will be enhanced further by transforming everyone who jumps out of an ifrit into a temporary member of Jin's no gun unit. 

All of this and we now have to learn how to ice skate...

Good on Bohemia, another excellent patch.

Edited by explicit

The FreESP of man markers should go away tomorrow when we patch. In an effort to get the servers up faster this AM, we had to change the difficulty back to normal (veteran is now expert/elite and forced first person only). 

We know about the issue, and intend to fix it. 

How prevalant are the memory leaks?  Is it on all servers now?

explicit, Roberino and Pentax like this
5 minutes ago, bamf said:

The FreESP of man markers should go away tomorrow when we patch. In an effort to get the servers up faster this AM, we had to change the difficulty back to normal (veteran is now expert/elite and forced first person only). 

Many of our guys are getting memory leaks every 30 minutes or so on server 1. We've tried different fixes, like changing the malloc to system or tbb4malloc_bi. Seems to fix a lot of the issues.

explicit likes this
On 4/15/2016 at 2:56 PM, Paratus said:

The second half of this patch will be part of the work done next week. Next week you will receive a website update to go along with the new stats and seasons.

• A new PvP season system will track each player's war and capture performance for the month. At the end of each month, a new season will begin. This first month will be 1.5 months long given we're halfway through April. The website will be updated next week to display the top rankers in war rating.
  • At the end of each season, the top ranking players will gain season points, which grow over time and are awarded for being in a high standing when the season comes to an end.
  • Gangs will be ranked based on the average war ranking of it's members.
  • The gang name on player tags (over their heads) is now larger and easier to read.
  • Added new statistic: war points.
  • Added new statistic: police arrests.
  • Added new statistic: bounty hunter arrests.
  • Added new achievements and titles for civilians: Oppressor and The Punisher.
  • Added new achievements and titles for police: Blue Coat, The Heat, Hardened and Veteran.
  • Added new achievements and titles for bounty hunters: Bounty Hunter and Watchdog.
  • System chat messages will now display your current statistic level whenever a statistic changes.
  • War rating can be gained by killing members of a warring gang, capturing a turf,and capturing capture areas such as cartels. Some rating can be lost if you're killed by a warring gang.

Does anyone know the exact number or amount of points needed for The Punisher title? I just got Oppressor at 200 'points'.

8 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Many of our guys are getting memory leaks every 30 minutes or so on server 1. We've tried different fixes, like changing the malloc to system or tbb4malloc_bi. Seems to fix a lot of the issues.

Yea bohemia messed something up with mallocs, using system malloc seems to be the best, unfortunately it doesn't completely fix the mem leak issue, but it slows it down by a bit.

9 hours ago, bamf said:

I usally get 60-120 fps, when i see it drop to about 30-40 i know the memleak is going to happen in a few min. I've botten it all over the map from Ghost hotell to OG arms. But yeah happens on every server. Yesterday i got about 7 memleaks. Also i noticed that softlogging does not fix it and you'll need to quit arma and then connect back.

8 hours ago, Norwegianviking said:

I usally get 60-120 fps, when i see it drop to about 30-40 i know the memleak is going to happen in a few min. I've botten it all over the map from Ghost hotell to OG arms. But yeah happens on every server. Yesterday i got about 7 memleaks. Also i noticed that softlogging does not fix it and you'll need to quit arma and then connect back.

It's apparently happening in other servers, other game modes, and even the editor.  This is a BIS thing I think.  I'll see if we can do anything on our end to try to fix this, but ultimately I think we'll need a patch from Bohemia (which I agree sucks).

6 minutes ago, bamf said:

It's apparently happening in other servers, other game modes, and even the editor.  This is a BIS thing I think.  I'll see if we can do anything on our end to try to fix this, but ultimately I think we'll need a patch from Bohemia (which I agree sucks).

Lets not forget group lead bby

33 minutes ago, bamf said:

Yeah, got memory leak when i was in the lobby, kinda stupid but what can you do. Bohimia fix one thing and breaks two things

• 3 weeks later...