Low FPS

So after today's Arma patch, my game has been acting weird, after about 15-20 minutes my frames drop down to 1-5 fps and causes textures not to load and very poor rendering. It's done this before after a patch as well, It makes the game unplayable usually I get 30-45 FPS, anyone having any issues with this or know how to fix it? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Ps: When I restart Arma it works like normal again for 15-20 mins and then goes back to 1-3 fps again

Things I've tried fixing it

• Verified Integrity of Cache
  • Loaded / Unloaded all addons(mods)

that's pretty much it...

Jaylen Sarrett likes this
2 minutes ago, DogePower said:

it may be ur gear?

actually it may be ur pc overheating ?

My gear? Um no it's not my gear, it's happening to me no matter what gear I have, full rebel, fresh spawn etc. 

My temperatures haven't changed, nothing on my PC has changed since yesterday(When it was working normally) The only thing that's different is the new Arma patch

20 minutes ago, DogePower said:

i meant in gear as you're pc parts

ohh yeah the arma patch it maybe corrupt files

i forgot they realeased a new patch

just go to arma properties ,local files , then verify integrity of game cache

28 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

Things I've tried fixing it

• Verified Integrity of Cache
  • Loaded / Unloaded all addons(mods)

Dunno if you're just posting for the sake of posting or trolling

7 hours ago, Cassettes said:

So after today's Arma patch, my game has been acting weird, after about 15-20 minutes my frames drop down to 1-5 fps and causes textures not to load and very poor rendering. It's done this before after a patch as well, It makes the game unplayable usually I get 30-45 FPS, anyone having any issues with this or know how to fix it? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Ps: When I restart Arma it works like normal again for 15-20 mins and then goes back to 1-3 fps again

I'm having the same issues.

As soon as I went offroading today my FPS took a shit and went to full retard @5FPS.

I tried it on both my computers at home. Same shit.

It is unplayable.

8 hours ago, Pentax said:

Since the new patch there's lots of memory leaks, seems to be some issues with memory allocators, just wait patiently for bohemia to fix it. Annoying fix for time being is once your frames drop and locks on, on 5 fps~ restart the game.

That's only a temporary fix(at least for me) it dips down to 5 fps again after 20 mins or so. But I'm glad I'm not the only one that it's happening to, I knew it wasn't my PC cause all my other games play just fine.

I just switched from malloc=system to malloc=tbb4malloc_bi in my launch parameters and Now I've been playing KoTH for an hour without the FPS shitting itself.

I also lowered my VRam from 3.5Gb to 3Gb (GTX970). Not that I think it was related but still. 

Those are the two changes I've made and it seems to have made a difference,

Edited by Big Fred
43 minutes ago, Big Fred said:

I just switched from malloc=system to malloc=tbb4malloc_bi in my launch parameters and Now I've been playing KoTH for an hour without the FPS shitting itself.

I also lowered my VRam from 3.5Gb to 3Gb (GTX970). Not that I think it was related but still. 

Those are the two changes I've made and it seems to have made a difference,

v ram shouldnt be set above 2048 mb (2 gb) otherwise it causes aarma to act weird