Change log 6.8.5

bamf

13 hours ago, Scott said:

Oil rig is fucked. Raised up higher, can't climb the ladders from water.

There are 2 sets of ladders.  I wanted to leave the rig higher (for certain reasons), so I added another ladder to the 3 piers that are designed for you to get out of the water.  

That being said, in the next patch I dropped the whole rig down a touch where all the ladders should be useable.  The way Arma handles ladders is silly - the entire ladder is not usable for some odd reason.  

DJB likes this
8 minutes ago, bamf said:

There are 2 sets of ladders.  I wanted to leave the rig higher (for certain reasons), so I added another ladder to the 3 piers that are designed for you to get out of the water.  

That being said, in the next patch I dropped the whole rig down a touch where all the ladders should be useable.  The way Arma handles ladders is silly - the entire ladder is not usable for some odd reason.  

I tried both sets on the south side, couldnt access because I was at the very very bottom of it in the water. the bottom of the awning posts were also out of the water so the whole thing just looked goofy.

2 minutes ago, Scott said:

I tried both sets on the south side, couldnt access because I was at the very very bottom of it in the water. the bottom of the awning posts were also out of the water so the whole thing just looked goofy.

It will be changed later this week.  Again, I really wish Arma would let you get onto a ladder that is in the water, but not "all the way" in the water.

Scott likes this
Just now, bamf said:

It will be changed later this week.  Again, I really wish Arma would let you get onto a ladder that is in the water, but not "all the way" in the water.

I had also heard that the npc sign wasnt there, possibly sunken below. Might have been a one time thing that got fixed at restart, didn't get ontop of the rig to see. If there is a heli garage there, there's no marker on the map btw.

2 minutes ago, bamf said:

How so?

Some restarts on #3 the groups will work but after a while, hexagons start disappearing and no more groups can be formed (error being: group name already taken), this along with a herd of random players being put into gang group taking up hexagon slots is becoming aids, the constant lag isn't fun either

Edited by Jimbo!
  • 2 weeks later...