10 hours ago, EvilCorp said:

I like gnashes, idk why everyone hates him

He's sarcastic and rude in almost all his posts, tries to act like a know it all, he reminds me of one of my admins in a WoW private server that I used to help run, where his opinion mattered more than everyone else combined, that's how I see him, maybe he's a decent human being irl, but on forums he's a bit too arrogant for my taste.

Edited by Cassettes
Kettles, dennozZ and King Destroyer like this
7 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

He's a sarcastic and rude in almost all his posts, tries to act like a know it all, he reminds me of one of my admins in a WoW private server that I used to help run, where his opinion mattered more than everyone else combined, that's how I see him, maybe he's a decent human being irl, but on forums he's a bit too arrogant for my taste.

He's sarcastic and rude to dumb asses.

He does kind of know most of how shit in Asylum works.

It's not about opinions, but about facts & Common sense when you speak to Gnashes.

People just assume that he has to behave like Olio or Padrinos etc so they get offended by what he says. I like him and think we need more admins like him that don't try to satifsy everyone.

Vash likes this

There's only one reason i wouldn't wish for him to be a CM.

He already has too much on his shoulders, next to his own life he does so much shit for this community and then you want him to live up to being a CM aswell?

The only thing he should have earned by now though is some more authorization (Hard resets for example).

Sure admins are not to be trusted too easily when it comes to the hardware this entire community depends on but in terms of input he has done for the community by far exceeds Motown's. (No offense Motown, we just don't ever see you)

A good CM should have ALOT of time, trust and good relationship with the community. 

Persons i would see most fit for the role would be @Padrinos @Buckwalter due their outstanding personality.

15 minutes ago, EvilCorp said:

He's sarcastic and rude to dumb asses.

He does kind of know most of how shit in Asylum works.

It's not about opinions, but about facts & Common sense when you speak to Gnashes.

People just assume that he has to behave like Olio or Padrinos etc so they get offended by what he says. I like him and think we need more admins like him that don't try to satifsy everyone.

Oh really? What about new players who make a topic asking a question? He's an admin and he's still rude and sarcastic to new players who don't know shit, it's very unprofessional and unhelpful, I've seen this many times and I was a victim of it when i was new myself.

I'm not denouncing his knowledge of the server and game, don't disagree he shouldn't be an admin but he's too much sometimes

Edited by Cassettes
dennozZ likes this

@Gnashes Completely agree with your view on the community and it's needs.

But to expect from a community with one developer, one actual CM and a dedicated volunteering staff to become something what major game companies have is too much. We're all just doing this out of a hobby, not for work or a life's dedication. I think for what we are we're pretty damn good, ofcourse there's alot of bad to see and flaws to find.

This community has been one of the most competative, fun and interactive i have seen.

Most people on here know eachother and has months or years of experience playing with hundreds of others.

So like i did once before on the old forums with a thread, i applaud the staff for doing all the being the scene work :)

Thanks Y'all!

Things are fine as they are, we're far far from perfect but we're having fun and while it lasts, thats what this community is about.

@Gnashes clutch with the response. 

I do agree, Motown does need to be involved more, or step down opening it up.  

Gnashes isn't an asshole, he just doesn't take bullshit. Don't script, dupe, or be a general asshat and you won't have a problem with him.  He knows the ins and outs of the server, logs, scripts, ect... He'd do a hell of a good job at a CM position.  

Look at the track record of those who have an issue with him, and tell me those are "stand up" community members. 

Gnashes gets shit done, Is thorough, and doesn't take bullshit.  Which are attributes that a leader needs.

EvilCorp, Blurp and Voltage like this

Ey, i think a lot of people on here are too thin skinned and need to fucking grow a pair and stop acting like children, i have interacted with gnashes twice fair to say he fucked with me both times (i wont go into detail about it :D) but resulted in me dying and a lot of shit talking, but at the end of the day its a fucking video game and i enjoyed every minute of him chasing me around and wrecking me LOL... people take this shit sometimes too serious and just need to remember to have fun....

I don't know him on a personal level but i enjoyed the two encounters i had with him and hearing people get all butt hurt because he was rude or maybe just honest with them is kind of sad, The responsibility of being an admin comes with a lot of hate from some people because those people are usually the trolls , rule-breakers or just annoying people in general.... 

EvilCorp and iFox like this
9 hours ago, iFox said:

Everyone loves Gnashes. Most kind admin we have!

Da fuq are you smoking man lol. I want some of that shit. We need someone who stays professional even if the player is an asshole. Many player will ask stupid questions and you cannot answer them with things like "Use your commom sense" or anything that insult a player. Remember someone like CM represents the whole administrative team. You cannot go low to the player level. He does a great job banning exploiters. But relationships with players..... NEXT!