Change log 6.8.6

bamf

4 hours ago, bamf said:

• Ammunition count in magazines will now sync when you logout
  • Ammunition may no longer be refilled at clothing shops
  • The game will now sync all 3 axis (you can sync on top of buildings now)
  •  

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

5 hours ago, bamf said:

First off, @KBW has joined our team as our first contributing developer.  Most of the items in this patch are fixes he implemented this week.  Make sure to thank him as he put in a ton of effort.  

With that being said, here are this week's patch notes:  

• Players in groups will now receive a gang or group tag indicating what group they are currently in
  • Y menu items should no longer collide with vehicles after a player dies inside the vehicle
  • Y menu items will now remain on elevated surfaces when dropped due to player death
  • Driving while restrained is no longer possible
  • Medics and cops can now pull unconscious players from vehicles
  • Added a new talent "Jaws of Life" that allows a civilian to pull an unconscious player from a vehicle
  • Issuing parole to a detained suspect now has a confirmation dialogue
  • Cop vehicle searches will now only seize illegal contraband
  • When you log in near the rebel outpost, any players already there will receive a notification that you logged in nearby.
  • Being killed by the APD should now pardon you automatically
  • Custom placed houses will now function much more reliably
  • The weed field should now accurately show whether or not weed is illegal

As you can see it has been a busy week.  We will be rolling the patch out shortly.  

So many small but important changes/fixes. Good work boys! :D

3 minutes ago, Director Jay said:

Donations we're removed? Why is this not in the change log? Lots of my friends can buy sport hatchbacks and debit cards and haven't donated.

Probably has something to do with earlier today Bohemia shutting down Battleye on Asylum servers because of it's donations. Something was against Bohemia's monetization tos, so I guess they removed donations asap, to get the Battleye back up running. I'm sure donations will be back, but probably only for skins and such.

Olivia likes this
Just now, Pentax said:

Probably has something to do with earlier today Bohemia shutting down Battleye on Asylum servers because of it's donations. Something was against Bohemia's monetization tos, so I guess they removed donations asap, to get the Battleye back up running. I'm sure donations will be back, but probably only for skins and such.

Oh wow

Honestly, what problem does 3 axis syncing solve?

All I can see is the problems it creates.

A) Logging in a potentially already cleared rebel with stupid position (IE tower) 

B.) Server being DDOSed/Getting DCed in a heli would almost be certain death no?

I'd appreciate if someone can enlighten me. 

Edited by Axe

Also, could we get the tags added by the server to be a different color so I know what the persons name is to text? Cause tildaying [Iy] [‡] Scott makes it look like I have 2 tags in my name, hard to find my name on phone list. So [Iy] [‡] Scott is easier to tell my actual name.

35 minutes ago, Axe said:

A) Logging in a potentially already cleared rebel with stupid position (IE tower) 

B.) Servering being DDOSed/Getting DCed in a heli would almost be certain death no?

There is a provision in the code such that sync requests sent from air vehicles result in the player's position saving at ground level.

Solves issues of spawning in the floor of buildings, inside rocks, piers.

There is now a warning message for people logging in at rebel.

bamf likes this
39 minutes ago, Axe said:

B.) Server being DDOSed/Getting DCed in a heli would almost be certain death no?

A) Anyone in the rebel receives a message that someone logged in nearby.

B.) If you sync in a heli, your Z is set to 0.  

Really this is so that people stop logging into either a rock or under buildings.  It's likely more useful than you are giving it credit for.   

Roberino likes this
Just now, KBW said:

There is a provision in the code such that sync requests sent from air vehicles result in the player's position saving at ground level.

Solves issues of spawning in the floor of buildings, inside rocks, piers.

There is now a warning message for people logging in at rebel.

A) The code that prevents syncing for aircraft is brilliant.

However,

Even if there is a message, there is such a stupid amount of places to log in at rebel now. 

And even if you do get the notification, someone on top of a tower has a massive advantage without having to do anything. 

TBH, I've never spawned inside of something I've had a problem getting out of by just diving. 

24 minutes ago, bamf said:

A) Anyone in the rebel receives a message that someone logged in nearby.

I love the addition of multi axis syncing, however as Axe said, even if you do get alerted that someone logged in, logging inside a tower gives you such a big advantage that it doesn't even matter if people get alerted or not.

In addition with the Alert, make it also a rule, so now that reporting someone logging into a Rebel is much easier as you basically get told if they logged in if you get killed by them, no one can make up the excuse now of "I sneaked up by car" or, "I logged out far away and ran up".

Brendon Smith likes this
1 hour ago, Axe said:

And even if you do get the notification, someone on top of a tower has a massive advantage without having to do anything. 

That's still ghosting I'd guess. which is still a bannable offense.

Spawning back in exactly where you left off is a common feature on plenty other servers. I'm surprised Asylum have gone so long without it to be honest.
If you've ever been spawned in under the floor of your house, inside of those solid silos that make up the oil rig, or some other solid object you were standing on top of, you'd know the woes of spawning in at 0 elevation. 

10 minutes ago, Rusty:) said:

good patch, but why does a MK18 cost 20k+, will that be staying like that or is that like a bug?

I hope its a bug.  Been living off dwindling money for ages, no one is going to be able to consistently fight if this is what is up with future prices :(

Suggestion:
** no cartel or arms discounts applied here **
Mk18 (On Demand) = 15k
Mk18 (~20 on market) = 13k
Mk18 (50+ on market) = 10k

Mk14 (OD) = 16k
Mk14(~20) = 14k
Mk14 (50+) = 11k

Mk1 (OD) = 17k
Mk1 (~20) = 15k
Mk1 (50+) = 12k

Sound good?  These prices can be consistent too, because there is no reason that the governor's tax should impact Rebel prices.  The government doesn't control us!

Also while we are at it, lets remove grenades.  They were one thing when they were more of a novelty item, but honestly I find them kind of bleh for cartel fighting.  They are too cheap and cartels are such nade spam right now that it is ridiculous when there are 10 nades thrown right on window rocks at the beginning of every fight.

Azeh and Blurp like this
8 hours ago, Ranger said:

I hope its a bug.  Been living off dwindling money for ages, no one is going to be able to consistently fight if this is what is up with future prices :(

Suggestion:
** no cartel or arms discounts applied here **
Mk18 (On Demand) = 15k
Mk18 (~20 on market) = 13k
Mk18 (50+ on market) = 10k

Mk14 (OD) = 16k
Mk14(~20) = 14k
Mk14 (50+) = 11k

Mk1 (OD) = 17k
Mk1 (~20) = 15k
Mk1 (50+) = 12k

Sound good?  These prices can be consistent too, because there is no reason that the governor's tax should impact Rebel prices.  The government doesn't control us!

Also while we are at it, lets remove grenades.  They were one thing when they were more of a novelty item, but honestly I find them kind of bleh for cartel fighting.  They are too cheap and cartels are such nade spam right now that it is ridiculous when there are 10 nades thrown right on window rocks at the beginning of every fight.

I just hope the guns go back to the normal price's, and I agree with these grenades taken out, or at least make them cost more, they just get abused, people throw like 30 of them and blow like 5 people up at the start of the cartel fight. That aint fun at all lol.

Edited by Rusty:)