Who will be the new moderators?

On 5/4/2016 at 7:22 AM, DeSt said:

Tbh becoming an admin on asylum is bad for the admin. They have to deal with about 400 people or more while everyone is being toxic, moderate the fourms, ban side channel spammer, ban rdmers, review Ban appeals,  review compensation and the list goes on and on.

First smart thing I have seen you say :P

This is never so truer. Most people think its glitz and glam but in reality its can be really daunting, extremely stressful. Most people come onto the team and realize how much it changes their gaming experience, all say (including me) "nah it won't change my gameplay" but it does, its mentally draining, it paints a target on your back. The real perk in it? It's not scripting, money, women, it's about trying to keep the community safe and cleaning up the very dirty streets etc. It truly takes a special person with a high level of drive to make this place, a better place.

HotWings, Zoex, Outlander and 11 others like this
22 minutes ago, Olio said:

This is never so truer. Most people think its glitz and glam but in reality its can be really daunting, extremely stressful. Most people come onto the team and realize how much it changes their gaming experience, all say (including me) "nah it won't change my gameplay" but it does, its mentally draining, it paints a target on your back. The real perk in it? It's not scripting, money, women, it's about trying to keep the community safe and cleaning up the very dirty streets etc. It truly takes a special person with a high level of drive to make this place, a better place.

You had my support from your mod days,a True believer that Asylum doesn't need to a Salt Farming Toxin Factory.

3 hours ago, Olio said:

Though I'd imagine there's a strong level of satisfaction seeing the community appreciative of your hard effort in a certain way or another. I think that would be the most rewarding side of admin life.

14 hours ago, Olio said:

I have always realized that and respected the staff alot. Sadly alot of people see the things admins can do as something they can demand. 

Like, my orca just blew up straight out of the garage!*Pokes Olio on TS* YO DUDE WHERE MY 150K I WANT IT NOW*

Those things are just retarded but happen all day. You always get accused of things you don't do and barely get shown appreciation.

Some off the people mentioned in this thread (and hopefully more) i truly believe can live upto the hard work. Goodluck picking the new mods though it's a delicate proces :)

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:36 PM, Olio said:

people think its glitz and glam but in reality its can be really daunting, extremely stressful. Most people come onto the team and realize how much it changes their gaming experience, all say (including me) "nah it won't change my gameplay" but it does, its mentally draining, it paints a target on your back. The real perk in it? It's not scripting, money, women, it's about trying to keep the community safe and cleaning up the very dirty streets etc. It truly takes a special person with a high level of drive to make this place, a better place

Olio,

You make a comical and true statement here about administrating a gaming community. A game administrator or game masters as some call them. Has to be the Executive, Judge and Legislator when it administrating the community. This is a difficult task because, for one you are also a fellow gamer. When making decisions every member counts, because they are part of the community as well. Being an administrator of a community is almost like being an elected official, the people put their trust in you. If you fail to uphold fair and un-prejudicial opinions in game the community will either petition for your removal or just leave all together. With this being said that means holding a position like this could kill an entire community if you lose the trust of the members. I know I’m sounding repetitive but the entire point is you work for the people and they expect you to not let them down. At the end of the day your reward is that the community has a friendly and rule abiding place to game where they can refer their friends to enjoy the same experience.

I’m enjoying reading the feedback and opinions from members on this thread.

Edited by Sentinel Diesel
Olivia likes this