Where the Cops/Admins at?

Just decided to take a break from Arma after experiencing another hostile gang take over of Kavala and getting Vdm and Rdm'd repeatedly. I was a little pisst but I've calmed down a bit, cause shouting in a forum isn't going to fix anything lol, although sadly I got a 40k bounty on me now after losing it and taking matters into my own hands. First time Ive ever had a bounty over 20k, Its not going to be easy clearing my name like all those other times Im guessing.

Now I know Im gonna shake the cage a bit and sound whiney so I decided to use a fake name, anyways, I got a simple question, where are all the cops and admins at? Ever since I started playing asylum I noticed the lack of cops in Kavala, and Ive never once seen an admin online except the few times when a server is going to be reset due to a bug or patch. (bamf, chill guy)

I might be new to AL but Ive heard and I know first hand Kavala is a cesspool, for every time I get out of Kavala things improve greatly, but Im wondering how is it that there is mostly never a single cop in Kavala despite there being 10+ cops on the server, and with all the chaos that happens in Kavala? I don't mind the chaos and getting Rdm'd now and then, and its actually been awhile mostly cause I get away from towns and cities, but when shit hits the fan it hits it hard and there is no one to respond, it just feels hopeless at times. All Im trying to say is maybe having just two cops perm stationed in Kavala would be nice, after all it is the busiest city so why not.

Now the admin issue, where are they? Im surprised that a HUGE successful project like asylum with 4 huge 100 man servers that get full easily has no active admins on, are the only admins devs that are busy with the Identify project? I know being an admin is a pain in the ass, but you guys have something big going on and its just surprising how you have no one on admin duty.

Anyways thats my small whiney rant and wall of text I had to get out. I do care about the server and its the only thing Ive been playing since Ive gotten Arma 3 and even donated after just 2 weeks of playing, so Im not just being a little bitch, I do care. :)

P.S is there a non resource intensive program for recording short gameplay footage, so at least I can get some video of the rdm'ing and vdm'ings and not just bitch about it? Also sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Kavala is not really popular because there are usually only small time criminals there, pistol bangers, RDMers and trolls. Its fun sometimes but most cops hang out in the middle of the map hunting wanted criminals there is simply no money or prestige to make in Kavala. 

Admin activity is a hit or miss. Especially at night we lost most of the EU admins and players so at night and early morning you will probably not see one. Moderator recruitment is currently in progress and we will get additional staff very soon.

19 minutes ago, CakeCake said:

P.S is there a non resource intensive program for recording short gameplay footage, so at least I can get some video of the rdm'ing and vdm'ings and not just bitch about it? Also sorry if this is in the wrong section.

What Smirnoff said and I will recomend eaither the Overwolf Game Capture or OBS, mostly OBS I lose almost no frames, Recordings are heavy but you can clean them up if nthing happend over that recording.

Olivia and RomanRunsCA like this
25 minutes ago, CakeCake said:

is there a non resource intensive program for recording short gameplay footage, so at least I can get some video of the rdm'ing and vdm'ings and not just bitch about it? Also sorry if this is in the wrong section.

If you are using a Nividia Gfx card I'd recommend shadowplay, just make sure you set it up on 5-5:30 minutes recording to meet RDM sufficient evidence requirment.

If you do not have a Nividia gfx card, I'd recommend using OBS(google it) its free and awesome.

Regarding cops Kavala, the bad experience civilians are having in Kavala are nothing in compare to the amount of dumb stuff being done against officers therefore most officers would rather to avoid Kavala, and to be honest I do the same during peak times, since its just a one huge chaos. If it gets to intense for you, as you've said yourself you can simply leave Kavala and "things improve greatly"

Hope it clears up some confusion, and sorry if I misspelled(on mobile).

Edited by Zoex
Mike Stmria likes this
18 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Kavala is not really popular because there are usually only small time criminals there, pistol bangers, RDMers and trolls. Its fun sometimes but most cops hang out in the middle of the map hunting wanted criminals there is simply no money or prestige to make in Kavala. 

Admin activity is a hit or miss. Especially at night we lost most of the EU admins and players so at night and early morning you will probably not see one. Moderator recruitment is currently in progress and we will get additional staff very soon.

Yeah this is what I was thinking and it makes sense, when I was bounty hunting with a group across the map I did see lots of cops going after the bigger guys that we wouldn't dare touch.

Thats great news, ill gladly welcome our new overlords.

8 minutes ago, Mike Santamaria said:

What Smirnoff said and I will recomend eaither the Overwolf Game Capture or OBS, mostly OBS I lose almost no frames, Recordings are heavy but you can clean them up if nthing happend over that recording.

Much appreciated, Ill look into these programs now.

8 minutes ago, Zoex said:

If you are using a Nividia Gfx card I'd recommend shadowplay, just make sure you set it up on 5-5:30 minutes recording to meet RDM sufficient evidence requirment.

If you do not have a Nividia gfx card, I'd recommend using OBS(google it) its free and awesome.

Regarding cops Kavala, the bad experience civilians are having in Kavala are nothing in compare to the amount of dumb stuff being done against officers therefore most officers would rather to avoid Kavala, and to be honest I do the same during peak times, since its just a one huge chaos. If it gets to intense for you, as you've said yourself you can simply leave Kavala and "things improve greatly"

Hope it clears up some confusion, and sorry if I misspelled(on mobile).

I know its tough for cops, I've seen people randomly shoot cops many times or just say some dumb crap to their faces and troll, Its not just an AL problem ether. People give cops lots of hate even thou they are the most chill group of people Ive meet in the game, they always let me off easy too unless I screw around lol.

I dont have Nividia so I'll go with OBS, thanks.

Zoex likes this
2 hours ago, CakeCake said:

I know its tough for cops, I've seen people randomly shoot cops many times or just say some dumb crap to their faces and troll, Its not just an AL problem ether. People give cops lots of hate even thou they are the most chill group of people Ive meet in the game, they always let me off easy too unless I screw around lol.

I actually switched to Nvidia as a long time ATI fan just so I could have Shadowplay its worth it for this game mode.

Infamy likes this
8 hours ago, CakeCake said:

6 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

I actually switched to Nvidia as a long time ATI fan just so I could have Shadowplay its worth it for this game mode.

There's a version of OBS that uses AMD GPUs for similar performance to Shadowplay. Bit more work involved, but not horrific.

I actually am usually in Kavala for this reason. Other Cops hate it cuz you don't make much money and it's mostly trolls but honestly our job is to keep the citizens safe and if 50% of the citizens are in Kavala and we are everywhere else, then %50 of the citizens are getting RDM'd while we focus on the %50 we can make money off of. I actually think this needs to be addressed because whenever I get on TS the Kavala Police channels are empty a lot. I do understand though why cops avoid it at times; sometimes being Cop in Kavala is like Baby-sitting lol

5 minutes ago, eric91611 said:

I actually am usually in Kavala for this reason. Other Cops hate it cuz you don't make much money and it's mostly trolls but honestly our job is to keep the citizens safe and if 50% of the citizens are in Kavala and we are everywhere else, then %50 of the citizens are getting RDM'd while we focus on the %50 we can make money off of. I actually think this needs to be addressed because whenever I get on TS the Kavala Police channels are empty a lot. I do understand though why cops avoid it at times; sometimes being Cop in Kavala is like Baby-sitting lol

I specially don't go to Kavala because it's dealing with too much trolling, and RDM and VDM, personally I don't care about the money but being shot by everyone while you are talking with someone is something that gets into my nerves, even the HQ is really open and anyone can shoot you. Also it's has to much windows and roofs that you can get shot from. But I go when there is nothing happening in other part of the map or when someone calls for backup. Also most of the rebels that go in there live at the edge of RDM so they pretty much just go there to boost their bounty and then get salty when you catch them snipping from rocks. 

Eric916 likes this