How to fix Cocaine cartel

Bikstok

We all know Cocaine Cartel sucks attacking, because the defenders will stack castle and it's almost impossible to get up there while attacking.

Here's how to fix that issue:

CrvyAwM.jpg

A nice ramp to easily run on top of castle.

3Z9X5kc.jpg

A tall tower to overlook the castle while your teammates run up the ramp.

I think a lot of cartels could be improved by using the eden editor, and placing some obstacles to help the attackers. Wong's Triad could definitely use some help as well.

Bersabee, Akula, Dakkarism and 37 others like this
5 minutes ago, R4N9A said:

Kinda looks one sided when you defend could have a person in that tower and on the castle and kill the people when they push up the ramp from both sides

The attackers would have to take the outer tower before attempting to push the castle itself. I think it would definitely be doable with a well-placed ifrit smoke. Otherwise, you could rotate the tower a bit so the entrance faces away from the castle thus allowing the attackers to freely run in.

Edited by Bikstok
2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Honestly, it would just end up being shoved full of cars by defenders. Maybe multiple towers/ramps. Only 1 of each and they will just get jammed full of cars. 

Valid point I suppose. Although I think an ifrit could push any vehicle out of the way while getting covered by teammates in the outer tower. Adding another ramp is tricky, because this spot is far lower to the ground than the other sides. Worst case scenario, you could add another tower towards dp4 to prevent people from refreshing vehicles on the ramp.

Honestly, the developers might as well try anything to try and balance this cartel instead of just removing it.

NotSoNutty likes this
2 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Valid point I suppose. Although I think an ifrit could push any vehicle out of the way while getting covered by teammates in the outer tower. Adding another ramp is tricky, because this spot is far lower to the ground than the other sides. Worst case scenario, you could add another tower towards dp4 to prevent people from refreshing vehicles on the ramp.

Honestly, the developers might as well try anything to try and balance this cartel instead of just removing it.

We all know how vehicle pushing works in Arma, it either does or doesn't, there is no in between. 90% of the time someone blows up. 

1 hour ago, Bikstok said:

The attackers would have to take the outer tower before attempting to push the castle itself. I think it would definitely be doable with a well-placed ifrit smoke. Otherwise, you could rotate the tower a bit so the entrance faces away from the castle thus allowing the attackers to freely run in.

It will still be a one way push to get to the castle and the people on the ramp would be slaughtered even if they kill the other tower or tried to push up the ramp

4 hours ago, Haych said:

The Eden editor needs to be put to use more on the server. Not just small things like inside of stores.

Its literally so easy to use that you can come up with awesome things such as custom cartel locations in no time.

Isn't all of north rebel made with Eden editor? and the jail/bank? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The thing about using the Eden editor though is making it look nice while maintaining balance, and sometimes it's not always that easy. You can easily tell the difference between something that has been spawned in and something that is part of the original map. North rebel is a perfect example of this. It's super uniformed in the way that it has two fixed entrances, the deerstands are spread in a certain pattern, and the tower is indestructible.

Now, we flip to something already in the map, like Pyrgos/South rebel and you find a really unbalanced compound. One that is super hard to attack, but it looks the nicest out of most of the rebels (imo.) It traded balance for scenery, but balance is everything when it comes to multiplayer games,

Take a look at the compound right next to Cocaine processing, the one just south of North rebel, and you find another quite unbalanced position. Take a look at cocaine castle, Meth cartel, East Arms, all things that were put into the original game that are blatantly one-sided fights.

TL;DR: hard to make balanced and nice looking shit in Eden Editor, but knowing these dev's they can make it happen.

DreamC likes this
On 21/5/2016 at 3:35 PM, bamf said:

"Bamf's cartel" (I love that it is named that when 3 gang admin's helped pick the location) is fully removed in the new patch. Cocaine cartel doesn't need anything gimmicky like in the screenshots, you just have to make sure that you can't cap the cartel from up top. That was a really easy thing to fix...

How dare you call my beautiful construction gimmicky!

I think cocaine cartel has the potential to be a really good location, but it's way to imbalanced to fight atm. Having people on castle, regardless of whether they can cap, is extremely difficult to deal with. That's why I suggested adding castle towers 300-500m outside the zone, so they can have line of sight on top of castle.

At the end of day, 99% of gangs hate the cartel and refuse to attack it. Why not consider changing it a bit instead of being forced by the community to remove it completely?

DreamC and JAY1HP like this