Gang members playing cops and robbers?

Playing as a cop, and playing as a rebel are two completely different experiences in Altis, and are separate roles, their is no reason people shouldn't be able to do both. These servers are not rp based, rp is minimal unless you come across cool people that actually play for that purpose. Not to be insensitive or rude, but if you are looking for an intense rp experience, you are looking at the wrong community.

Unlike other servers out there, Asylum doesn't require you to be stuck with one side or the other.

You can play cop, civ, or medic to your hearts content. The only restrictions are the 10m timer between switching "roles"

And some guidelines that dictate how you deal with your own gang members

Agent X and Hydro like this
2 hours ago, Sauwercraud said:

Not sure why, but I see several Gang Members on Asylum 4 playing both roles and switch every day. 

I don't think that's how it should go, that takes RP a bit too liberal.

What do you think?

Asylum is all about having fun and part of that is avoiding unnecessary constraints and pointless virtual bureaucracy. I know many communities choose to confine players to a given role and even go so far as forbidding any deviation from their chosen faction, but in my opinion that is a recipe for boredom and frustration. 

Why would you force people to forego 50% of the available content? Why would you punish people who needed a break from cop/rebel and wanted to try the other side?

Roleplay is a great thing and it is one of the things that makes Asylum awesome. But dictating how people can play a game in order to maintain a sense of long term RP continuity for their virtual personas just makes the experience worse. In my opinion everyone should be able to play however they want, whenever they want as long as their is no crossover in the process, E.G. gangs waging war on their rivals while playing cop. 

Olivia, Azeh, Haych and 2 others like this
3 minutes ago, Buckwalter said:

Asylum is all about having fun and part of that is avoiding unnecessary constraints and pointless virtual bureaucracy. I know many communities choose to confine players to a given role and even go so far as forbidding any deviation from their chosen faction, but in my opinion that is a recipe for boredom and frustration. 

Why would you force people to forego 50% of the available content? Why would you punish people who needed a break from cop/rebel and wanted to try the other side?

Roleplay is a great thing and it is one of the things that makes Asylum awesome. But dictating how people can play a game in order to maintain a sense of long term RP continuity for their virtual personas just makes the experience worse. In my opinion everyone should be able to play however they want, whenever they want as long as their is no crossover in the process, E.G. gangs waging war on their rivals while playing cop. 

And this is the reason why Asylum is the largest of all Altis Life communities. Sure it may have the worst and most toxic community, but freedom is the reason why most of us are here.

Reavantos, Olivia and Azeh like this

I just want to get notifications on this.

On topic. As @Buckwalter said I think that giving people just one side of the game it's not only boring but also frustrated. Asylum is great because it doesn't endorse a "I can't see if you are wanted because I don't know your name". Asylum is one of the few altis servers were it's more.combat based than a holiday RP thing. When you want a break of the RP (like me playing cop almost all the time, and yes I know it's not the better but trying to improve) yo go on rebel and keep shooting people (with proper initiation) you want a break from. This, go on cop and rp with people. You don't like cop. Go and stand in the middle of Kavala and you will have a lot of fun, if none of this works go on server 2 Pyrgos and look for Mr Trentham or Mr Fenwick, those guys never stop talking. Literally you try to talk with them for 3 speeding tickets and be ready to listen to them for 30 mins even after you Pardon them. 

Also the gan mates med to follow a special police procedure with his gang members or known affiliates. It just depends what you feel that day like playing. 

I don't mind playing both roles, I mean that keeps the game fun, but I'm not sure if that should be on the same server imho.

I've seen the powers massively shifted to one gang, where 4 of them are cops and 6 of them are Civs. After a restart the roles are reversed. 

Personally I kinda find that unfair especially towards small crews, which can not gather money by playing the cop side.

Why not change over to a different server? For example be a cop on server 1, a rebel on server 2. It's kinda weird to have a gunfight with somebody, who is a rebel, and after the restart he is arresting you for speeding.

Just my feelings, don't wanna hurt anybodies feelings :)

8 minutes ago, Sauwercraud said:

I don't mind playing both roles, I mean that keeps the game fun, but I'm not sure if that should be on the same server imho.

I've seen the powers massively shifted to one gang, where 4 of them are cops and 6 of them are Civs. After a restart the roles are reversed. 

Personally I kinda find that unfair especially towards small crews, which can not gather money by playing the cop side.

Why not change over to a different server? For example be a cop on server 1, a rebel on server 2. It's kinda weird to have a gunfight with somebody, who is a rebel, and after the restart he is arresting you for speeding.

Become a cop or do legal shit; Problem Solved.

5 minutes ago, Sauwercraud said:

You are entitled to your opinion, But your going against the design of the community entirely. The last thing the player base needs is more constraints, Look at the other communities who have rules like this, and notice how hard it is for them to fill their servers. It simply does not work and drivers players away.

1 hour ago, Buckwalter said:

This... It why i like asylum and so many people continue to play here.

Guest JackDilluz
2 hours ago, Haych said:

And this is the reason why Asylum is the largest of all Altis Life communities. Sure it may have the worst and most toxic community, but freedom is the reason why most of us are here.

holy shit, we're literally america rn lmao

Cops need to play civ, in fact it should be REQUIRED. if your a  Rebel who plays cop, you understand the other side better. This makes you a better officer all around. Adding more regulations to APD, along with limiting where you can play.  Will only generate more animosity, along with the perspective issue i mentioned earlier. 

and if anyone is caught metagaming with gang members, that is corruption. They are off the APD (usually permanently)

In short, people bitch about career cops now. not allowing them to play civ when they want, where they want will only make the problems worse. As a APD officer you have to follow enough regulations and rules as it is. 

its a game.. don't take it so seriously.

I was about to suggest this, didn't know the proper place to.do this, but yes. As cop you need to know the struggle of being rebel, also as a higher up you can see were you can improve the APD and who are good cops.and who didn't. A lot of pros a few big cons. Still need to be considered to make it that you must play civ.

1 hour ago, Reavantos said:

Cops need to play civ, in fact it should be REQUIRED.

Reavantos likes this
30 minutes ago, Mike Santamaria said:

I was about to suggest this, didn't know the proper place to.do this, but yes. As cop you need to know the struggle of being rebel, also as a higher up you can see were you can improve the APD and who are good cops.and who didn't. A lot of pros a few big cons. Still need to be considered to make it that you must play civ.

See it happening? Requirements for sgt + YOU NEED 40 HOURS COP AND YOU NEED TO PLAY CIV FOR THIS AND THAT

7 hours ago, Midamaru said:

See it happening? Requirements for sgt + YOU NEED 40 HOURS COP AND YOU NEED TO PLAY CIV FOR THIS AND THAT

don't know of it wold happen but definetly going to suggest it as soon as I have a PC to spell it properly and see the whole idea on text. Honestly it should start in CPL cause they have te ratio time requirement to, this will improve a civ/rebel vs cop interactions, at least they will know what is to be lethal at the first cop shot and hopefully this will change mind on lethals and try to give a fair game.

16 hours ago, Sauwercraud said:

A lot of people have picked a server and made that one home, so they enjoy playing with the people on that server; be that interacting through cop or civ. I love the server 4 crowd, I've been there like a year and a half to two years, given the chance I will almost always pick civ and rebel time to be spent there. Like others have said, once you start implementing more and more restrictive rules on people's game play, you scare them off. At the end of the day this is a video game, we are all here to have fun, asylum isnt about dictating everyone's style of play, it let's everyone, within reason, make altis into whatever makes them happy.