Change log 7.0.0

bamf

*shrug*

Meth died off, the risk reward is just too high nowadays. Why spend 30 minutes doing a box truck of meth when the cartel is going to take a solid 20% of your profit and you could die/get caught in 2 places when you can just play cop or run scotch? You feel me?

Just my two pence.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

*shrug*

Meth died off, the risk reward is just too high nowadays. Why spend 30 minutes doing a box truck of meth when the cartel is going to take a solid 20% of your profit and you could die/get caught in 2 places when you can just play cop or run scotch? You feel me?

Just my two pence.

We actually have an idea that may address your issues. Maybe I can try to sneak it in during a hotfix. 

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

*shrug*

Just my two pence.

That used to be part of the fun. Now people just want money with little to no effort.  

Pentax likes this
6 minutes ago, Boris said:

*shrug*

Just my two pence.

3 minutes ago, bamf said:

We actually have an idea that may address your issues. Maybe I can try to sneak it in during a hotfix. 

Allow groups with more than 10 people (everyone unhexed), and I will bring back meth so hard. Community meth runs and meth passes just don't work in the current group system. We need to at least see each other on the map and communicate in group chat.

Edited by Bikstok
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

*shrug*

Just my two pence.

I usually do small runs, so in case I die i don't lose much. Out of all the runs I did using that method, I never died while collecting ephedra or processing meth (except that one time when bamf and bikstok appeared and placed a speed bomb in my car)

Bikstok likes this
21 minutes ago, bamf said:

And it's a deliciously evil idea.

26 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Allow groups with more than 10 people (everyone unhexed), and I will bring back meth so hard. Community meth runs and meth passes just don't work in the current group system. We need to at least see each other on the map and communicate in group chat.

Have all the people doing drugs show up with Blue fedora and red VR suits you give them :) easy group spotting

BaDaBiNg_10-8 and Bikstok like this

After playing with this patch I have to say, my feelings on it are very similar to my feelings on Australia.  It was an awesome idea that just missed its mark.  Bounty hunters have been in need of some TLC for a long time.  That said, they should not be APD without rules which is what this patch did.  I feel like this patch did have some good points though, like adding groups for bounty hunters.  Bounty hunters also were in desperate need of scopes.  Where this patch misses its mark is with the weapons themselves as I feel giving bounty hunters 6.5s is a bad thing for cops and rebels alike.  For cops, bounty hunters were not usually a major problem pre-patch.  With numbers they could be somewhat of a nuisance at times but they were limited by short range optics, a 5.56 rifle that was expensive that they did not want to lose, and a desire not to be sent straight to jail if they stepped out of line.  Now we are dealing with bounty hunters who have more numbers than us, who are equally if not better armed, and who will only face minor consequences when found doing the same things as the rebels they are chasing.  Add to that, the ability to group with rebels has caused hell on APD..  Now we are both outgunned (7.62s) but we can be taken out of the fight for long periods of time and are easy for those armed with non-downing bullets to pick off when we get up.  Where I really feel like this patch misses its mark is actually for the rebels.  By giving bounty hunters 6.5s, scopes, and the ability to group this patch has essentially created APD without any number constraints or rules aside from initiation.  They can go to cartels and camp rdm zones, which APD cant.  They can also track their bounties which is limited to a select few slots for corporal+ on APD which really turns the odds in favor of bounty hunters winning most fights against rebels.  Also, giving them the ability to add jail time I feel is a mistake.  That option is not even available to the highest ranks of APD and should not be implemented without limits.  As for the hunters I actually dont find them to be that OP other than they cannot be seized despite the bounty hunters using them for illegal activities.  They are expensive which I actually feel is one thing this patch did okay on.

TL:DR - Patch had the right idea, but giving BH the ability to group effectively, scopes, and 6.5 rifles is a perfect storm that is about to rain hell on cops and rebels alike.

Ian Walls likes this

The main issue right now that I've seen (as a 4 day Cadet so far) is that now every rebel gang is going bounty hunter.  Literally, everywhere I pull up to, Kavala, Pyrgos, Athira, whatever, we have been swarmed by large numbers of bounty hunters, all of whom are part of gangs, and who outnumber and in many cases out-gun us at that point.  I do believe that the luster of being a BH will wear off, but as it stands right now, they are cops without rules, and everyone is rolling around with hunters and MX guns.  Literally, rebels are begging us to take out their bounties because BHs can track them and follow them wherever.

Edited by Ian Walls
58 minutes ago, 2legit said:

After playing with this patch I have to say, my feelings on it are very similar to my feelings on Australia.  It was an awesome idea that just missed its mark.  Bounty hunters have been in need of some TLC for a long time.  That said, they should not be APD without rules which is what this patch did.  I feel like this patch did have some good points though, like adding groups for bounty hunters.  Bounty hunters also were in desperate need of scopes.  Where this patch misses its mark is with the weapons themselves as I feel giving bounty hunters 6.5s is a bad thing for cops and rebels alike.  For cops, bounty hunters were not usually a major problem pre-patch.  With numbers they could be somewhat of a nuisance at times but they were limited by short range optics, a 5.56 rifle that was expensive that they did not want to lose, and a desire not to be sent straight to jail if they stepped out of line.  Now we are dealing with bounty hunters who have more numbers than us, who are equally if not better armed, and who will only face minor consequences when found doing the same things as the rebels they are chasing.  Add to that, the ability to group with rebels has caused hell on APD..  Now we are both outgunned (7.62s) but we can be taken out of the fight for long periods of time and are easy for those armed with non-downing bullets to pick off when we get up.  Where I really feel like this patch misses its mark is actually for the rebels.  By giving bounty hunters 6.5s, scopes, and the ability to group this patch has essentially created APD without any number constraints or rules aside from initiation.  They can go to cartels and camp rdm zones, which APD cant.  They can also track their bounties which is limited to a select few slots for corporal+ on APD which really turns the odds in favor of bounty hunters winning most fights against rebels.  Also, giving them the ability to add jail time I feel is a mistake.  That option is not even available to the highest ranks of APD and should not be implemented without limits.  As for the hunters I actually dont find them to be that OP other than they cannot be seized despite the bounty hunters using them for illegal activities.  They are expensive which I actually feel is one thing this patch did okay on.

TL:DR - Patch had the right idea, but giving BH the ability to group effectively, scopes, and 6.5 rifles is a perfect storm that is about to rain hell on cops and rebels alike.

I rather take this than have bounty hunters who are essiantly restricted to Kavala because your gun sucked, you didn't have a scope and groups was too much of a headache.  Bounty hunter itself isn't overpowered, it's just the fact that people that are in gangs are far better than cops.  Pre-7.0 they wouldn't just been killing you, now you're just getting downed.  There isn't much of a difference, if you don't wanna get kidnapped then cops gotta work togther for once and not all try and go Chris Kyle and not communicate. 

I don't play Asylum anymore, but it's still funny scrolling through pages on pages of Jaylen's comments and still seeing he is a fucking moron.

I don't get why you kid's, jump so quickly to conlcusions, the patch has barely been out 24 hours and it's the end of the world for you, if you don't like it take a break, go play with your dog or something, then come back in a couple days and try again. You take this game so literal and if something happens you don't like, voice it, in a logical manner, then fuck off. Arguing about 7.62 and 6.5 has been the age-old argument since i've been on the server, and i've been here for TWO years, nothing's going to change. Cop is for RP plain and simple you signed up for the APD you signed up for 6.5/RP'ing with Civs/Medics alike and signed up for having to follow guidelines, if you feel like you having 6.5 is blocking you from completing the tasks maybe it's time to take yourself out of the APD. 

Jaylen reminds me of a more autistic illiterate version of Krypton, atleast with Krypton we know hes 100% retarded, with Jaylen we're still trying to understand just exactly how many extra chromosomes he has.

Edited by hamsham12
TheRealLethal, Jonah, Ofek and 1 other like this
2 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

I don't play Asylum anymore, but it's still funny scrolling through pages on pages of Jaylen's comments and still seeing he is a fucking moron.

I don't get why you kid's, jump so quickly to conlcusions, the patch has barely been out 24 hours and it's the end of the world for you, if you don't like it take a break, go play with your dog or something, then come back in a couple days and try again. You take this game so literal and if something happens you don't like voice it, in a logical manner, then fuck off. Arguing about 7.62 and 6.5 has been the age-old argument since i've been on the server, and i've been here for TWO years, nothing's going to change. Cop is for RP plain and simple you signed up for the APD you signed up for 6.5/RP'ing with Civs/Medics alike and signed up for having to follow guidelines, if you feel like you having 6.5 is blocking you from completing the tasks maybe it's time to take yourself out of the APD. 

Jaylen reminds me of a more autistic illiterate version of Krypton, atleast with Krypton we know hes 100% retarded, with Jaylen we're still trying to understand just exactly how many extra chromosomes he has.

God dammit I need more likes for today

6 hours ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

LOL

I guess making arguments while every rebel cries and screams that i'm a terrible cop because i have a different opinion...

You can go fuck yourselves, lol...

I've been this way since i was a constable you insignificant dweeb, and it got me to SGT.

The LT's i've talked to, seem to agree with me, as well as many SGT's, and alot more constables/corporals...

Thanks @Sean That Irish Guy for use of your video :D

7 hours ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

LOL

I guess making arguments while every rebel cries and screams that i'm a terrible cop because i have a different opinion...

You can go fuck yourselves, lol...

I've been this way since i was a constable you insignificant dweeb, and it got me to SGT.

The LT's i've talked to, seem to agree with me, as well as many SGT's, and alot more constables/corporals...

Okay, seeing as you've been chewing on that dribbling tongue of yours for so long that you brains being deprived of oxygen, let me just put it to context something for you.

First, no one cares for your retarded opinion. 

Second, you of all people cannot call anyone an insignificant dweeb seeing as everyone and their mother thinks you have down syndrome.

And third and most important, i still cant stress enough how you really should have been smothered at birth.

I got you fam  @Jessie Slaughter

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
46 minutes ago, HotWings said:

68664357.jpg

that's all these forum fuckboi trolls can do...

they have no arguments, they have no logic.

These forums have always been aids, alot of cops are afraid to even say anything because they know it's going to be a flame contest by the normal losers taht roam these forums.

It's great though, these spazoids actually think they are clever by repeating the same thing 100 times

Mosin Nagant likes this
4 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Okay, seeing as you've been chewing on that dribbling tongue of yours for so long that you brains being deprived of oxygen, let me just put it to context something for you.

First, no one cares for your retarded opinion. 

Second, you of all people cannot call anyone an insignificant dweeb seeing as everyone and their mother thinks you have down syndrome.

And third and most important, i still cant stress enough how you really should have been smothered at birth.

"no one cares about your opinion, but you should care about ours" - insignificant forum warriors

1 minute ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

These forums have always been aids, alot of cops are afraid to even say anything because they know it's going to be a flame contest by the normal losers taht roam these forums.

It's great though, these spazoids actually think they are clever by repeating the same thing 100 times

4 hours ago, Shepurd said:

I honestly don't know why cops are freaking out about an Mx and a Hunter.. We already have better equipment than this. Plus the Hunter costs MORE than the ifrit does! The hunter isn't even that good either. If you're gun can't penetrate the armor, stop being a retard and start shooting out the tires. Hunters and Ifrits are pretty useless if you don't have any wheels to drive with. 

Also, can someone change Jaylen's poopy diaper? His crying is keep me up at night, and I need my beauty sleep!

Better guns only help so much when it comes to cop vs civ. The main difference is the person holding the gun. I could run around all day with an Mx and shit on 7.62s. "Why don't you use a 6.5 then?!", you may ask, because if I CAN use a better gun, why wouldn't I use it? Again, a better gun only means so much. The main difference is who's shooting it. Personally, I wouldn't care if the APD got 7.62s. It's not like most of them can shoot straight anyways. As long as they spend as much on them as we do.

The main difference between cops and civs is the fact that when a cop dies, he's respawns, grabs a car, and drives right back to the fight. So cops can literally get back to the fight in less than 2 minutes. If a rebel dies and has to respawn, he has to spawn in a town, drive to a rebel(which may already be occupied), spend 15-20k on gear, then drive or fly back to wherever the fight is. Taking rebels close to 10 minutes to get back to a fight. Assuming they aren't killed gearing at rebel.

Cops and Civs will probably never be perfectly balanced. There are things about cop that are OP, and there's parts about Rebel that are OP. People need to calm down. If you hate this patch that much, maybe you should start a thread talking about what you think should be tweaked.

All jokes aside Jaylen, I expect a SGT in the APD to be a little better behaved. Calling kids on the forums "Retards" doesn't exactly look good for the APD. You represent the APD. Don't forget that. Not saying that everyone else isn't being assholes towards you either, but most of them aren't APD higher ups.

I like the patch. I'm excited to see what it turns into during the next 2 weeks. Thanks to all the Devs for the hard work! 

Haych and dannygurl like this
Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

I seriously don't know how you got sergeant.

Jessie Slaughter likes this
Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

You do know you just described everything you actually do on the forums, right?

200.gifgiphy.gif200.gif200.gif200.gif200.gif