I've fought cops 4 times at cartels in the last 24 hours (twice literally in the middle of a fight with an enemy gang, once in the beginning and once at the end of a fight) Only twice were they going after a warrant.

I'm fine with the changes tbh (seizing in combat is kinda meh) but a lot of these fights are with all constables who literally have no right to be there as they can't even warrant squad. Im just thinking there should be a stricter punishment or tighter rules when it comes to cartels and cops. I'm not one to bitch a whole bunch usually but being shot in the back by some constable half a click out when i didn't even know cops were at the fight isn't all that enjoyable.

I guess in a couple weeks everything will return to normal like it always does, but still, Vent thread?

DarkKnight, Voltage and JAY1HP like this
11 minutes ago, DreamC said:

I've fought cops 4 times at cartels in the last 24 hours (twice literally in the middle of a fight with an enemy gang, once in the beginning and once at the end of a fight) Only twice were they going after a warrant.

I'm fine with the changes tbh (seizing in combat is kinda meh) but a lot of these fights are with all constables who literally have no right to be there as they can't even warrant squad. Im just thinking there should be a stricter punishment or tighter rules when it comes to cartels and cops. I'm not one to bitch a whole bunch usually but being shot in the back by some constable half a click out when i didn't even know cops were at the fight isn't all that enjoyable.

I guess in a couple weeks everything will return to normal like it always does, but still, Vent thread?

The last fight was an active chase from a hummingbird on some guy that downed and kidnapped 4 cops. We pursued him to the cartel and stayed only until he died or left. I even defibbed the @MintGaming because i told the constable to down him if he got out of the heli. I can understand the frustration of it though.

9 minutes ago, Slim Jeezy said:

The last fight was an active chase from a hummingbird on some guy that downed and kidnapped 4 cops. We pursued him to the cartel and stayed only until he died or left. I even defibbed the @MintGaming because i told the constable to down him if he got out of the heli. I can understand the frustration of it though.

That fight was something else (i got comp too), there were other fights im talking about as well though.

1 hour ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Coporals+ on warrant may only enter a cartel if it is NOT contested to update a warrant there. If the warrant happens to still be there they may attempt to apprehend the warrant.

What about in an active pursuit if the cartel is contested or not. Do they still have to back off?

Sounds like free kills. You're implying anyone that puts enough effort in as a cop to go all the way to cartel even knows the cartel. That is not the case. I bet I could say middle cubbie in cop TS and everyone would think Im some spastic fuck who just learned English. 

Big Bird likes this
56 minutes ago, What zit tooya said:

What about in an active pursuit if the cartel is contested or not. Do they still have to back off?

Active pursuit into a cartel is still the same as the old policy. So, no, they don't have to back off.

3 hours ago, Leady said:

If you have a constable enter a cartel, not pursuing, and not with a cpl + record and report.

^ what he said. That corporal+ may have others with him/her which are not tracking but simply providing backup - but as long as there is someone with a warrant there, no APD policies are broken.

Edited by Wondero
39 minutes ago, Axe said:

Sounds like free kills. You're implying anyone that puts enough effort in as a cop to go all the way to cartel even knows the cartel. That is not the case. I bet I could say middle cubbie in cop TS and everyone would think Im some spastic fuck who just learned English. 

there's a guy dildo.

"what the fuck is dildo"

thats how I imagine every constable who enters a cartel.

DreamC, JAY1HP, Mike Stmria and 1 other like this

lets focus our disgust on the real problem. Cops coming to cartels is not a big deal imo. The combat seizing rule is not well thought out. Cops can already remove guns from dead bodys, now they can down someone, restrain them (which is now done by a hotkey, eliminating the need to look down and scroll wheel) and take your gun immediately. And for what reason? Because our loadouts are sometimes cheaper than a LTs loadout. Civilians have to defend 3 objectives to maintain these benefits. instead of hastily putting in ridiculous policies, why dont captains work with developers and find a good solution. heres one off the top of my head, If the police successfully stop a Bank, weaponry is  reduced in price by 10 percent for a restart. there are endless solutions better than the current policy.

Millar and JAY1HP like this
5 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Solution to not getting your shit combat seized: "Don't get downed". :kappa:

Sincerely, The Career Cops.

solution to not having to buy cop gear. "dont die, or use the free loadout"

Sincerely, every player that has hands.

Edited by TheRealLethal

If only constables show up and were not in a pursuit then report them. If crpl+ show up with them but nobody is in a warrant slot and not in a pursuit then report them. Otherwise my mentality any time people have done anything against the rules to me is if I am not going to report it then I have no right to complain. More rules for the apd just shows the problem that too many officers don't give a shit about ruining someone elses experience. Making more rules doesn't change that, reporting them does. And that is coming from a career cop. 

Again it all comes down to mutual respect .  

For instance , I'm chasing a guy he goes into cartel and its contested with a shit ton of shots, although I can I will refuse to chase him in there out of respect of the gangs fighting, 9/10 it's a fucking troll pulling cops in that fight for the lulz.    

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, your playing a game with other people trying to play a game, don't be a dick just because you can, your shinny rank don't mean shit when you leave the computer.