Change log 7.3.0

bamf

8 hours ago, ~ Will ~ said:

@Paratus since my $250 dollars I donated is pretty much pointless now some may argue I should be donating to support the server but realistically it wasn't people donated for the perks. So Since this is now useless what options do we have Could we get this moved to keys for the new system Or perhaps have are donation moved over to Identity?

@bamf  Please add Keys as a potential thing to find using the treasure maps on tanoa

agreed

2 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

There's a difference between the definition of donating and purchasing. 

Exactly, it's limiting it to only those who purchase the keys, if I were able to drop these items/skins to everyone then it would most likely be fine with bohemia, much like mohawks, they're only available to buy if you're donor 4 or above, anyone else can get it via crafting, therefore available for everyone, currently any skinned item/clothing you can unlock will despawn if held by someone who does not have the skin unlocked.

1 hour ago, Jimbo! said:

Exactly, it's limiting it to only those who purchase the keys, if I were able to drop these items/skins to everyone then it would most likely be fine with bohemia, much like mohawks, they're only available to buy if you're donor 4 or above, anyone else can get it via crafting, therefore available for everyone, currently any skinned item/clothing you can unlock will despawn if held by someone who does not have the skin unlocked.

Cosmetics are the only thing that you can "restrict" for donor only. 

All these kids that publicly acknowledged buying in-game money then on here crying about advantages and csat clothing. No one is forcing you to buy these skins. I say we create a vendor hidden somewhere and we can sell the csat for like 900k each item that way those that don't  want to chip in 2.50 from time to time to actually help a server survive that you play on 100% free so you can still get the item.

Google™, Vash, Treeherder and 1 other like this
50 minutes ago, Olio said:

All these kids that publicly acknowledged buying in-game money then on here crying about advantages and csat clothing. No one is forcing you to buy these skins. I say we create a vendor hidden somewhere and we can sell the csat for like 900k each item that way those that don't  want to chip in 2.50 from time to time to actually help a server survive that you play on 100% free so you can still get the item.

Community Manager Ladies And Gentleman

200.gif

Scott, Goldy, Bikstok and 1 other like this

I'm just saying, some of you guys want it some of you don't, some of are you are saying p2w some of your saying it's not. People want the special csat but don't want to donate for it, so the only way to make it fair where everyone can get it but create balance for the people that are supporting the server. There has to be that balance.

1 minute ago, Olio said:

I'm just saying, some of you guys want it some of you don't, some of are you are saying p2w some of your saying it's not. People want the special csat but don't want to donate for it, so the only way to make it fair where everyone can get it but create balance for the people that are supporting the server. There has to be that balance.

for people who have already spent their time and donated enough into the servers should get some nice "perks" like i suggested 1/2 per week then create different rolls per month

Budbringer likes this
1 minute ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Understand where you are coming from but there is no balance having people running around with CSAT and others without. 

Then make them cost a LOT more in-game. It's pretty fair and within the ToS. 900k was an obvious exaggeration but they should be something rare someone is going to pay for. They just have to be made available to everyone, does not stipulate that we have to sell them cheap. The said thing is there will never be true balance in this game, never has been, never will be. Servers only survive if they continue to be sustainable through donations. If we don't have people donating regulars the server would be shut down. Some people don't give a shit, but some people would/will be really upset if that decision was ever made. 2.50 for a fun gamble at something is pretty small in scheme of things, the csat is supposed to be pretty rare, you can't wear a large best with it. If it's rare to win in a box it would be rare to see someone pay for it.

9 minutes ago, Smee said:

for people who have already spent their time and donated enough into the servers should get some nice "perks" like i suggested 1/2 per week then create different rolls per month

This is something I do agree on. I woke up to really reading this Loot Box thing, as I have been in the boonies on vacation. I do think maybe additional keys could of been given out to some of the donators maybe a key a level or something but that's not my call. 

IAmLegion and Tangerine15 like this
25 minutes ago, Olio said:

Then make them cost a LOT more in-game. It's pretty fair and within the ToS. 900k was an obvious exaggeration but they should be something rare someone is going to pay for. They just have to be made available to everyone, does not stipulate that we have to sell them cheap. The said thing is there will never be true balance in this game, never has been, never will be. Servers only survive if they continue to be sustainable through donations. If we don't have people donating regulars the server would be shut down. Some people don't give a shit, but some people would/will be really upset if that decision was ever made. 2.50 for a fun gamble at something is pretty small in scheme of things, the csat is supposed to be pretty rare, you can't wear a large best with it. If it's rare to win in a box it would be rare to see someone pay for it.

yeah.... you know so many of course donated :kappa:

half the people who now have csat did the key glitch. Only a few actually did get it legit.

10 minutes ago, Churu said:

yeah.... you know so many of course donated :kappa:

half the people who now have csat did the key glitch. Only a few actually did get it legit.

:shrug: Wish I could say I was shocked but ya know.

1 hour ago, Olio said:

Please understand that the majority of people are so outspoken, because they are worried that BattlEye will be disabled. If CSAT is considered purely cosmetic by BIS, then most of us have no problems with the loot crates. However, people are a little skeptical due to the past violations of the monetization rules. We just don't want to see BattlEye disabled again, and perhaps even permanently worst-case scenario. A lot of us would be willing to donate to the servers to support them running, but how are we supposed to know that Asylum is actually struggling to support itself? For the past 2 years I've been told that Asylum is basically a cash cow with endless of donations. This is the first time, we have gotten a little insight to the economy aspect.

By the way, I guarantee a lot of the money earned from selling ingame money is currently being put back into the servers by these loot crates. In the end, it's in your best interest to allow money selling without obviously endorsing it.

IAmLegion and Haych like this
20 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Please understand that the majority of people are so outspoken, because they are worried that BattlEye will be disabled. If CSAT is considered purely cosmetic by BIS, then most of us have no problems with the loot crates. However, people are a little skeptical due to the past violations of the monetization rules. We just don't want to see BattlEye disabled again, and perhaps even permanently worst-case scenario. A lot of us would be willing to donate to the servers to support them running, but how are we supposed to know that Asylum is actually struggling to support itself? For the past 2 years I've been told that Asylum is basically a cash cow with endless of donations. This is the first time, we have gotten a little insight to the economy aspect.

By the way, I guarantee a lot of the money earned from selling ingame money is currently being put back into the servers by these loot crates. In the end, it's in your best interest to allow money selling without obviously endorsing it.

not only, the Chinese must donated a fair sum and there is alot of them, dont see why thre would be economically "struggling" 

6 minutes ago, Smee said:

not only, the Chinese must donated a fair sum and there is alot of them, dont see why thre would be economically "struggling" 

not only fair sum, all chinese wanting to originally play with 911 clan on Asylum  were required to be a donor 4 lvl. around 250 chinese times 100$ from each chinese... Thats a lot of money...

5 minutes ago, Churu said:

not only fair sum, all chinese wanting to originally play with 911 clan on Asylum  were required to be a donor 4 lvl. around 250 chinese times 100$ from each chinese... Thats a lot of money...

Your numbers are way off (on both accounts).  I personally had to handle all the donations from Plarka and Co due to their need to use a VPN to connect to our servers (Great FW FTW), and your math for both those items is terribly off.  

Isaac likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Your numbers are way off (on both accounts).  I personally had to handle all the donations from Plarka and Co due to their need to use a VPN to connect to our servers (Great FW FTW), and your math for both those items is terribly off.  

How much off then, how many chinese did actually donate?

44 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

We get told fuck all about anything involving the server's financial status.

BIS's Legal dude has signed off on the crate system. So unless he decides to forget he approved something (which he has done in the past), we're good.

Also, we do allow the sale of money without endorsing it. Which is why Paratus changed the wording on the money sales thread last week.