How the tables have turned.

Slowly but surely Asylum has been changing. I recall the days when gangs would fight all day just about every day, non stop. And then the gangs started dying, so the rebels started fighting cops. And then the devs decided 'Hey, we should fix this.' So, the devs re-implemented cartels with actual value instead of just subtle perks like discounts. They did this to try to stabilize rebel life, and take rebel vs cop away, so it would not happen as much. And then, for a time, many of the gangs came back to fight. As all good things do, that soon died out. Now, the gangs that are left hardly fight at all, (us included) and the police have taken to coming to cartels to fight the rebels, as they are not getting as much action as before. It seems ironic to me, with the gang cap implemented, that now instead of 20 rebels fighting 20 cops at a fed or bank, it's now 20 cops fighting 6-8 rebels at the cartels. Feedback?

Also, please stay away career cops. This is directed towards rebels.

Quality > Quanity 

As a bounty hunter I could agree with your observation Valkyrie, but it's also been VERY interesting seeing a select few rebels hold off wave after wave of cops. Hell even seeing them push back wave after wave of other rebels is really entertaining to see. Still, you have a point, the lack of magical moments of 20 v 20 have made the map kinda too quiet. 

Edited by Cobra
Valkyrie and SpooderGuy like this
11 minutes ago, What zit tooya said:

Gangs are going to Olympus. Heard there are much better fights there. And ya know, cops can't come to cartels and shit

And ya know, there are csat coveralls.

And ya know, there is no group cap.

And ya know, there is no money cap.

Actually SGT's + Can come to cartels in armed Ghosthawks.

13 minutes ago, What zit tooya said:

Gangs are going to Olympus. Heard there are much better fights there. And ya know, cops can't come to cartels and shit

And ya know, there are csat coveralls.

And ya know, there is no group cap.

And ya know, there is no money cap.

WARNING POINTS INCOMING ADVERTISING OTHER COMMUNITIES.

Big Bird and Scott like this

Asylum will always be the better server for a few reasons, however it isn't the better place for cartels right now. I think the admins in asylum and the community itself make it a much better server - however its not a place I can really fight cartels in anymore.

Why Olympus is the place Cartel people go to:

1. I can do small runs inbetween when my friends are not on and ACTUALLY MAKE A PROFI. Theres also no money cap, so when theres no gangs to fight we can go crazy

and make alot of money so we dont have to when theres people around.

2. I can make more loadouts in the time it takes to make money then in the time it takes to use them

3. I dont have to turn my friends away because of a group cap

4. I rarely get shot in the back because gangs over there aren't roaches or rats (yet). I also dont have to worry about people ghosting into rebel because its quite hard to even get to rebel, you rarely see anyone camping rebel or logging out there. There is also more rebels incase that happens. Most of the time it takes a helicoptor to get to rebel without wasting 20 minutes so it ends up making rebel a generally good experience to gear in. Im sorry but rebel shouldnt be a fight to get geared. Its a place to GO to the fight.

5. If i kill a guy hes fucking dead, he isnt just going to get revived or soft log revived or any other bull shit that I can imagine.

6. People get banned quickly, there isnt an invenstigation. If you lag switch then CYA LATER not a 3 month investigation

7. Cops get demoted on a first offense basis. They also dont get to choose lethals, its a mandatory thing on a third wave, so there isn;t the bull shit that goes on in

asylum cops where they can lie there ass off about reasons why they lethaled.

8. Cops dont get OP guns and lethals at a retarded rank like constable, they actually are given it at a rank that takes time to earn. Personally id rather get lethaled though

9. The servers: They NEVER LAG unless you are fighting cops (Weird texture loading) , theres no DDOSS shit, theres no vehicles missing on restart, its simple clean playing like it used to be on asylum

10. The server caters to fun events like gang wars and ends up making a real cool time for the community. They also do this on a Dev server so it doesn't lag the whole server for the next four hours. Witrh that being said I do realize thats not even 50% of the community that fights cartels and that would be selfish. However this is my opinion so its tailored to it.

5 minutes ago, william said:

Takes 8 bullets on the engine of a ghost hawk to shoot it down, takes one shot to kill any cop including the gunner, and the ghost hawk wont shoot at you unless you shoot at it. Even so those kids suck at shooting it and even when they dont it is actually kind of bad ass running from a ghost hawk

8 minutes ago, william said:

The ghost hawk gunners aren't allowed to shoot unless

A: You fire upon it 

B: The fed vault has blown

C: The blasting charge at the prison has blew up

It's very easy to take down a ghost hawk either way, 8 MK1/MK18 shots to the rotors and they're gone, 1 shot to either gunner

Anyways, on topic, the bounty hunter update is when it started going down hill, bounty hunters would camp rebel outposts/arms island entrance when you're fighting, people slowly stopped doing banks after the combat seizing APC rule update

Everything gets repetitive, give it a while and people will get bored of their new servers and come back

Asylum is still the better server compared to Olympus, and believe me, once Asylum starts getting back on track again, all of us will be straight back on Asylum.

For me at least, these are the changes that need to happen that I would like to see, and some needed in order to get Gang Life back on track

• Increase/Remove Money Cap. People on other servers still do runs every day even if they are dirt rich, it feels nice hoarding large sums of money and seeing your bank increase every day. A example of what another server done to clean the economy when it got to bloated, was to host auctions. Selling billboards, flags, rare skins and clothing to the highest bidders. I remember people spending millions just on hats. People like collecting rare things, even if they are purely cosmetic. The current cap combined with money making being bad just promotes people to buy money, fight, buy money fight and repeat. 
  • Group Cap removed but limit hexagons to 12, just like how gang group works. The group itself shouldn't have a limit, just means that the first 12 will have hexagons but you can have as much in the group as you want.
  • Dynamic Market toned down, too aggressive at the moment, it just ruins group runs. Gangs don't even do runs together because of this.
  • Money making significantly buffed (Not price, just time). It takes way to long to do a box truck of anything. The payout, time and risk is not worth it at all. No one uses large trucks at all because it simply takes way too long to do anything in them. 
  • Illegal Fields should be moved to more remote places, they are currently way to close to the main roads.
  • New Police vs Rebel activity, possibly a capture sector. Allows police to defend for once.
  • Just bring CSAT's back for everyone. Pilot Coveralls can stay in for loot crates, but give the Hex and Urbans to everyone. Ever since Bohemia made leg shots and shoulder shots 1 hits it's been very easy to kill people. Headshots should be rewarding.
  • I know this is something that's very hard to actually prevent, but DDOS is one of the mains reason's people just stopped coming onto fight.
Edited by Haych
Vash, Chewbacca, Romulus and 4 others like this
21 minutes ago, Haych said:

Asylum is still the better server compared to Olympus, and believe me, once Asylum starts getting back on track again, all of us will be straight back on Asylum.

For me at least, these are the changes that need to happen that I would like to see, and some needed in order to get Gang Life back on track

• Increase/Remove Money Cap. People on other servers still do runs every day even if they are dirt rich, it feels nice hoarding large sums of money and seeing your bank increase every day. A example of what another server done to clean the economy when it got to bloated, was to host auctions. Selling billboards, flags, rare skins and clothing to the highest bidders. I remember people spending millions just on hats. People like collecting rare things, even if they are purely cosmetic. The current cap combined with money making being bad just promotes people to buy money, fight, buy money fight and repeat. 
  • Group Cap removed but limit hexagons to 12, just like how gang group works. The group itself shouldn't have a limit, just means that the first 12 will have hexagons but you can have as much in the group as you want.
  • Dynamic Market toned down, too aggressive at the moment, it just ruins group runs. Gangs don't even do runs together because of this.
  • Money making significantly buffed (Not price, just time). It takes way to long to do a box truck of anything. The payout, time and risk is not worth it at all. No one uses large trucks at all because it simply takes way too long to do anything in them. 
  • Illegal Fields should be moved to more remote places, they are currently way to close to the main roads.
  • New Police vs Rebel activity, possibly a capture sector. Allows police to defend for once.
  • Just bring CSAT's back for everyone. Pilot Coveralls can stay in for loot crates, but give the Hex and Urbans to everyone. Ever since Bohemia made leg shots and shoulder shots 1 hits it's been very easy to kill people. Headshots should be rewarding.
  • I know this is something that's very hard to actually prevent, but DDOS is one of the mains reason's people just stopped coming onto fight.

I agree with most of this except for the csats. I may not like it but at the end of the day they need to make money and this is their current method.

It'll all get sorted out, if they start to see people leave and less unique visitors then we will see changes.  With that being said, group cap should stay as I remember how bad it was for everyone else when there was 20 rebels on that would just go around killing everyone for no reason, just to increase their bounties and wave their dicks around.

Money cap isn't exactly the problem.  It's just money making sucks on Asylum, it always has but with money cap it has made it much more obvious.  Like @Haych said it should take less time instead of increase in profit.

Loot crates have made the game a little pay to win, i'd even bet money that it has hurt gang life.  When someone can go into a fight with CSAT clothes and a combat helmet and the other guy is forced to stick out like a sore thumb and wear white, it isn't exactly motivating.  Especially when it's all chance, pretty much a copy of Black Ops 3 loot crates.

Cop versus rebel isn't a bad thing, it's more fun imo.  Though I probably think that because i've been on the server even before there was an official gang system, it was pretty cool.  Civilians would cheer you on and even take up arms with you if you started to kill cops in cities as a rebel, Asylum isn't that friendly anymore.  All about muh war kills and muh bounty

Group cap had been increased and any further will damage the health of the game in the long term. Large gangs add more destructive to gameplay than almost anything else. We've seen it first hand and we're not going back to that.

The money cap is a moot issue now, you can spend your prestige with a very tiny hit.

Money making was buffed and will be more on Monday.

I'm not sure it you guys noticed, but the market impact was recently extremely reduce.

I've been seeing so many complaints about stuff that's already addressed, mostly from the same few people.

BTW, our server popularity is miles beyond that of Olympus and we're growing, there's absolutely no fears there. A few gangs can leave and new ones will form , this is nothing new.

I'll see if anything can be done about performance on Monday.

1 hour ago, Paratus said:

Group cap had been increased and any further will damage the health of the game in the long term. Large gangs add more destructive to gameplay than almost anything else. We've seen it first hand and we're not going back to that.

The money cap is a moot issue now, you can spend your prestige with a very tiny hit.

I'm not sure it you guys noticed, but the market impact was recently extremely reduce.

I've been seeing so many complaints about stuff that's already addressed, mostly from the same few people.

BTW, our server popularity is miles beyond that of Olympus and we're growing, there's absolutely no fears there. A few gangs can leave and new ones will form , this is nothing new.

I'll see if anything can be done about performance on Monday.

Money cap is basically there.  You can just get rid of the prestige but once your prestige runs out, some longer than other then it's back to a money cap basically.  Which i'm not saying it's a bad thing, I much rather you guys continue to improve the money making process.  I'm excited to see what you have in store on Monday. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
5 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

I think people right now want the process to make money faster and are happy with the amount the stuff sells for. It's just takes a long time to complete a run.

We do a lot of testing to make sure time to run pays appropriately versus other methods, but if there are any specific things you feel is off (which drug, etc) let me know and we can look into it.

15 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Money cap is basically there.  You can just get rid of the prestige but once your prestige runs out, some longer than other then it's back to a money cap basically.  Which i'm not saying it's a bad thing, I much rather you guys continue to improve the money making process.  I'm excited to see what you have in store on Monday. 

I'm not sure I see what you mean here? It's back to the money cap, if you go over a million dollars, but that prestige can still be converted again. I know people hate it, but the cap is actually very healthy for an old economy like ours. There's a balance there, if there's too much money in the economy then there's no risk or fear of death. We're now giving you a soft cap, and as long as you don't go over 2-3 million the cap hits you very lightly and doesn't even much matter.

4 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Asylum will always be the better server for a few reasons, however it isn't the better place for cartels right now. I think the admins in asylum and the community itself make it a much better server - however its not a place I can really fight cartels in anymore.

Why Olympus is the place Cartel people go to:

1. I can do small runs inbetween when my friends are not on and ACTUALLY MAKE A PROFI. Theres also no money cap, so when theres no gangs to fight we can go crazy

and make alot of money so we dont have to when theres people around.

2. I can make more loadouts in the time it takes to make money then in the time it takes to use them

3. I dont have to turn my friends away because of a group cap

4. I rarely get shot in the back because gangs over there aren't roaches or rats (yet). I also dont have to worry about people ghosting into rebel because its quite hard to even get to rebel, you rarely see anyone camping rebel or logging out there. There is also more rebels incase that happens. Most of the time it takes a helicoptor to get to rebel without wasting 20 minutes so it ends up making rebel a generally good experience to gear in. Im sorry but rebel shouldnt be a fight to get geared. Its a place to GO to the fight.

5. If i kill a guy hes fucking dead, he isnt just going to get revived or soft log revived or any other bull shit that I can imagine.

6. People get banned quickly, there isnt an invenstigation. If you lag switch then CYA LATER not a 3 month investigation

7. Cops get demoted on a first offense basis. They also dont get to choose lethals, its a mandatory thing on a third wave, so there isn;t the bull shit that goes on in

asylum cops where they can lie there ass off about reasons why they lethaled.

8. Cops dont get OP guns and lethals at a retarded rank like constable, they actually are given it at a rank that takes time to earn. Personally id rather get lethaled though

9. The servers: They NEVER LAG unless you are fighting cops (Weird texture loading) , theres no DDOSS shit, theres no vehicles missing on restart, its simple clean playing like it used to be on asylum

10. The server caters to fun events like gang wars and ends up making a real cool time for the community. They also do this on a Dev server so it doesn't lag the whole server for the next four hours. Witrh that being said I do realize thats not even 50% of the community that fights cartels and that would be selfish. However this is my opinion so its tailored to it.

amen

2 hours ago, Paratus said:

Please tell me this includes legal money also? I cannot stress how bad legal money is. Mining is horrible money unless added with salt to make vermins, excavation is decent and fishing is for beginners but I feel legal money methods should be buffed all around. Mining takes a decent amount of time to only get maybe 10k for a box truck.

Granted legal money has been marked as "Noobish" I think it would be nice to see people actually doing legal money for a change.

bigjohn561 and Haych like this
25 minutes ago, Paratus said:

We do a lot of testing to make sure time to run pays appropriately versus other methods, but if there are any specific things you feel is off (which drug, etc) let me know and we can look into it.

I'm not sure on what people want changed. I personally don't make money running drugs. (Cop/stealing).

But what from what I've heard is that it just takes too long to do bigger runs. I think if the price is reduced and runs are faster to balance out the money/minute it may work. 

Might be worth testing on one drug first.

On 7/17/2016 at 4:25 PM, Paratus said:

You have 150% over the old cap, that's an enormous increase. Without a cut, the economy would be destroyed overnight.

the overall main problem is the constant DDOS that the server has been getting for over 2 months.

it only ever starts getting DDOS when you push a cartel, people start teleporting and shotgunning, or you don't even hear shots and die.

It makes people lose the will to fight.

15 minutes ago, Phil. said:

You can't even go buy a hat on Olympus without getting shot in the face. You basically have to be hostile ALL the time, never playing that server again. No RP, might as well be a wasteland server.

Yeah lol when someone pulls up next to me on that server no matter what I make get out with their hands up because 99% of the time they are going to kill you.