Change Log 7.5.0

Paratus

1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

@Paratus After the patch you applied on only server 1 before it became difficult to use scrolling options.

You often have to let it "fade" to get all the options at a object (Person/Vehicle)

Also since today i was able to restrain myself by hopping out of the car and scrolling at the vehicle (had the restrain option and missclicked it by accident)

Didn't restrain me but however i lost hexes to the rest of the APD.

Last point: Today i seized all ilegal items from a civ (you get the window pop up, i clicked yes or ok) and then my complete loadout dissapeared (physical inventory) and the civilian didn't get seized..

Yep, so the top thing is an unfortunate side effect of the way we're loading actions now, combined with the way we were unloading them before. I have a plan to make it less noticeable, but I'll have to do some testing to make sure it doesn't hurt FPS again.

The second and third things are strange, though. I'll do some testing tonight and see if I can reproduce them.

You'll know if its DDOS especially if you're the one WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE FUCKING SERVER AND DATABASE. Its pretty obvious if traffic is illegitimate. Just by that simple statement of "Maybe its a DDOS" reassures me that this was most likely a mistake on your guy's part...

Edited by SpaceJam
Spade likes this
44 minutes ago, Paratus said:

That is the strongest indicator of a DDoS. That's one of the first thing that will happen with a moderately powerful DDoS.

Whatever you did in 7.4 fucked shit up across the board. And these fixes right now are just making it worse. We all know what DDoS looks like because c'mon, Asylum, am i rite?but this aint it. Revert to before 7.4 and work from there.

Spade likes this
40 minutes ago, SpaceJam said:

You'll know if its DDOS especially if you're the one WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE FUCKING SERVER AND DATABASE. Its pretty obvious if traffic is illegitimate. Just by that simple statement of "Maybe its a DDOS" reassures me that this was most likely a mistake on your guy's part...

When did I say maybe? I didn't. I know what it is as, like you said, I can see it when it's happening. If I say we're being DDoS'd it's because we're being DDoS'd!

4 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Whatever you did in 7.4 fucked shit up across the board. And these fixes right now are just making it worse. We all know what DDoS looks like because c'mon, Asylum, am i rite?but this aint it. Revert to before 7.4 and work from there.

Detection of an attack on IP address 167.114.103.196
Detection of an attack on IP address 192.99.39.72
Detection of an attack on IP address 192.99.201.183
Detection of an attack on IP address 158.69.134.180

There's a little sample of SOME of today. Again, if I say we're being DDoS'd, it's because we're being DDoS'd. Why in the world would I even have a need to lie about that?

1 minute ago, Paratus said:

When did I say maybe? I didn't. I know what it is as, like you said, I can see it when it's happening. If I say we're being DDoS'd it's because we're being DDoS'd!

There's a little sample of SOME of today. Again, if I say we're being DDoS'd, it's because we're being DDoS'd. Why in the world would I even have a need to lie about that?

Ok. Scratch what i said about the DDoS then. My bad. But the horrible performance issues ever since the 7.4 update is not down to just DDoS is what im trying to get across.

8 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Ok. Scratch what i said about the DDoS then. My bad. But the horrible performance issues ever since the 7.4 update is not down to just DDoS is what im trying to get across.

You're probably right in that, but 7.5 should fix it. :) I'm on 2 right now and performance is amazing in between the attacks.

Cheech'nChong likes this
13 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Ok, so can we identify what tier DDOS it is? 

According to you (and obvious facts) there are three tiers of DDOS 

1.  The basic (yet crippling) "DDoS"
  2.  The higher end (and career ending) "Moderately Powerful DDOS"
  3. The Almighty (and life ending) "Big DDOS"

Jk but seriously, you should invest in some decent DDoS protection, pretty simple and can avoid this from happening again.

Just now, SpaceJam said:

Jk but seriously, you should invest in some decent DDoS protection, pretty simple and can avoid this from happening again.

If I was paratus I would cry reading this.

Like, how are going to tell a server owner what to do with his server?
No shit he has ddos protection. Many times he has said he has some of the best he can get.
Its expensive, and lately the server was lacking funds and you want to raise the cost even more. 

/facepalm 

Corgi, Jack Hoff, Wondero and 4 others like this
7 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

If I was paratus I would cry reading this.

Like, how are going to tell a server owner what to do with his server?
No shit he has ddos protection. Many times he has said he has some of the best he can get.
Its expensive, and lately the server was lacking funds and you want to raise the cost even more. 

/facepalm 

No reason to cry over something that's a necessity... There's alternatives he should research if this is a persisting issue

7 minutes ago, SpaceJam said:

No reason to cry over something that's a necessity... There's alternatives he should research if this is a persisting issue

My lord..... I love it when people appear from the woods and start saying do that and do that. First, Asylum has pretty decent DDoS protection for it's price. There are that much it can protect against 50k r/s or in other words for your little brain 250~gb/s. There aren't that many options, which are affordable for Asylum that can protect against that. So please, shove your smart mouth into your ass, shut up and start being more grateful that they're even trying to do something about it.

Edited by Pentax
58 minutes ago, SpaceJam said:

Ok, so can we identify what tier DDOS it is? 

According to you (and obvious facts) there are three tiers of DDOS 

1.  The basic (yet crippling) "DDoS"
  2.  The higher end (and career ending) "Moderately Powerful DDOS"
  3. The Almighty (and life ending) "Big DDOS"

Open ur purse

42 minutes ago, Pentax said:

My lord..... I love it when people appear from the woods and start saying do that and do that. First, Asylum has pretty decent DDoS protection for it's price. There are that much it can protect against 50k r/s or in other words for your little brain 250~gb/s. There aren't that many options, which are affordable for Asylum that can protect against that. So please, shove your smart mouth into your ass, shut up and start being more grateful that they're even trying to do something about it.

Chill out kid, i'm not requesting that he do something crazy and I certainly will not be grateful for them solving something that is critical to the servers existence. All i'm doing is making jokes and obvious suggestions. You getting this piped up and slewing insults about such a small thing makes you seem more weak minded than how you're trying to make me out to be.

Just now, SpaceJam said:

Chill out kid, i'm not requesting that he do something crazy and I certainly will not be grateful for them solving something that is critical to the servers existence. All i'm doing is making jokes and obvious suggestions. You getting this piped up and slewing insults about such a small thing makes you seem more weak minded than how you're trying to make me out to be.

Your whole argument towards me went out of the window the moment you called me a "kid". If you're that experience in handling, or have quite big wallet to hold against 50k r/s attack, donate it to the server instead of crying. :shrug:

Spencer likes this

they have the best Ddos protection.

but here's the reality:

example

you purchase $100 a month ddos protection that can block up to 1Terrabyte of data at once

you go online and find a $15 Booter which can send 2 TB of packets every second.

^^ thats the problem with the servers,

as @Paratus pointed out, the servers are great in between which is true. I was at arms island today with everything on high or ultra and i was getting roughly 80 frames with no desyncing bullshit.

For the past 6 months + ive been getting 30-40 MAX

Twang likes this
11 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Your whole argument towards me went out of the window the moment you called me a "kid". If you're that experience in handling, or have quite big wallet to hold against 50k r/s attack, donate it to the server instead of crying. :shrug:

Jeez you're persistent, and a terrible salesman. I've donated to a lot of servers and have even ran my own, but with a community like this, i'm afraid I am not inspired to donate at all. I can assure you i'm not crying or remotely upset about it but thank you for considering the possibility and adjusting your arguments for it. On a side note: Kid isn't an insult (Throwing your argument out of the window) and I have no idea what your actual age is. I'm assuming you're younger because overly aggressive responses are usually a sign of juvenility.

Edited by SpaceJam
Twang, Furnie Mack, Monster and 1 other like this
1 minute ago, SpaceJam said:

Jeez you're persistent, and a terrible salesman. I've donated to a lot of servers and have even ran my own, but with a community like this, i'm afraid I am not inspired to donate at all. I can assure you i'm not crying or remotely upset about it but thank you for considering the possibility and adjusting your arguments for it. On a side note: Kid isn't an insult and I have no idea what your actual age is. I'm assuming you're younger because overly aggressive responses are usually a sign of juvenility.

Don't let Pentax get to you, he's always a complete asshole..even when he has a good and valid point. :frog:

Kettles and Pentax like this
12 minutes ago, SpaceJam said:

Jeez you're persistent, and a terrible salesman. I've donated to a lot of servers and have even ran my own, but with a community like this, i'm afraid I am not inspired to donate at all. I can assure you i'm not crying or remotely upset about it but thank you for considering the possibility and adjusting your arguments for it. On a side note: Kid isn't an insult (Throwing your argument out of the window) and I have no idea what your actual age is. I'm assuming you're younger because overly aggressive responses are usually a sign of juvenility.

in what world is calling someone a kid, especially when they aren't not an insult ? lol

Pentax likes this

I've had to hard restart the servers, 1 and 2, a couple times now. There are two different malicious things people can do to cause this and I'm trying to get a better understanding of how is failing to focus on that in the morning.

The question is, when it breaks and you can no longer log in, is it after everyone is kicked by battleye or is it after a mission failed message?