Change Log 7.5.0

Paratus

3 minutes ago, CJNasty said:

How can he fix a problem that he is capable of fixing?

if he isn't too stubborn then he should revert it back to what it was at before, its clear this new system implemented isn't able to take DDOS attacks like it was capable of before.

32 minutes ago, Spade said:

if he isn't too stubborn then he should revert it back to what it was at before, its clear this new system implemented isn't able to take DDOS attacks like it was capable of before.

My god. People, understand this as I've explained it too many times: the headless client is new and nobody has done something so ambitious as our implementation. The first days we launched it, it went down quickly to attacks. It never lasted more than a few hours. Now, it's lasting about 10 or more THROUGH attacks. 

The solution isn't it abandon something we've seen increases performance in a huge way, it's to keep improving it until it's both as stable, or more, and faster than without.

Feenix, Ebola, Midamaru and 13 others like this
On 7/27/2016 at 10:00 PM, Paratus said:

I've had to hard restart the servers, 1 and 2, a couple times now. There are two different malicious things people can do to cause this and I'm trying to get a better understanding of how is failing to focus on that in the morning.

The question is, when it breaks and you can no longer log in, is it after everyone is kicked by battleye or is it after a mission failed message?

Please fix UC...

5 minutes ago, Paratus said:

My god. People, understand this as I've explained it too many times: the headless client is new and nobody has done something so ambitious as our implementation. The first days we launched it, it went down quickly to attacks. It never lasted more than a few hours. Now, it's lasting about 10 or more THROUGH attacks. 

The solution isn't it abandon something we've seen increases performance in a huge way, it's to keep improving it until it's both as stable, or more, and faster than without.

Ok so when do you estimate that server 2 will be back to normal again?

2 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Was under the impression it was working a while ago as nobody has said otherwise. If it is still broken confirm here and I'll fix it.

Paratus, you probably already know... Undercover is bugged and screwy...

Edited by Patrick James
1 minute ago, Paratus said:

Was under the impression it was working a while ago as nobody has said otherwise. If it is still broken confirm here and I'll fix it.

Well it was off for an hour or two last night and just recently it was off for an hour.

Whatever you did to server 1 apply that to server 2 because it seems like server 1 is now surviving these attacks

Edited by Spade
4 minutes ago, Spade said:

Well it was off for an hour or two last night and just recently it was off for an hour.

Whatever you did to server 1 apply that to server 2 because it seems like server 1 is now surviving these attacks

Holy shit an hour! Paratus you must know the extent of an hour of time!? The humanity!

14 hours ago, Dpatt711 said:

List of emotes in case anyone is wondering.

Piss

Ninja

Squat

PushUp

Intro

Fear  

Although I can't find a way to cancel fear without using another emote, and I can't get Intro to work.

Pull out your gun and vault/jump to cancel fear.

Fear is also very bugged @Paratus, No fatigue, can F.A.K without a timer/animation (Instant heal to 75hp) and you can also sprint with dirty money.

Hotfix 2

• Hardened the last known cause of the headless client going dead.
  • Police should now be able to re-track APB targets in the same manner a bounty hunter can.
  • Weapons will now be discounted properly with ownership of the arms dealer.
  • Magazines will now receive the same discount as is available for weapons.
  • Added garages in hunting zones.
  • Greatly reduced the distance you have to move between tracking while hunting.
  • More than doubled the amount of animals that spawn for each player in hunting zones.
  • Campfires now have fire.
  • Reverted changes to undercover until I have more time to polish it out.
J1M, Crossfade, Rag and 5 others like this