Anyone with knowledge of website creation

Gatorade

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about codeacademy. I have used this to learn a few small basic things about some languages like java, javascript, and now i was using it to

learn about html and making websites. It is something I am interested in. With that being said i was wondering the following:

1. Is codeacademy even relevant? Sub Question is it relevant on the HTML / website portion.

2. If its not where can I get relevant stuff?

3.  Any tips?

With all things aside this is just for learning purposes , I have about a yearish left on my bachelors and I wanted to start to get directed into a sub category for programming.

3 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about codeacademy. I have used this to learn a few small basic things about some languages like java, javascript, and now i was using it to

learn about html and making websites. It is something I am interested in. With that being said i was wondering the following:

1. Is codeacademy even relevant? Sub Question is it relevant on the HTML / website portion.

3.  Any tips?

With all things aside this is just for learning purposes , I have about a yearish left on my bachelors and I wanted to start to get directed into a sub category for programming.

1. Codeacademy is pretty good. Stackoverflow is good for finding help too.

2. Personally, I would use stackoverflow as a secondary resource.

3. Be ambitious but not too ambitious - start where you feel comfortable and carry on.

Edited by explicit
ryno7 likes this
Just now, explicit said:

1. Codeacademy is pretty good. Stackoverflow is good for finding help too.

2. Personally, I would use stackoverflow as a secondary resource

3. Be ambitious but not too ambitious - start where you feel comfortable and carry on.

Okay fewf, I really enjoy codeacademy and I didnt want to feel like i was wasting my time

explicit likes this

if your looking for a site with classes, try Udemy! Cheap, and you can find some really wholesome material there. Just make sure as with anything, preview the course and read reviews to see if its right for you! I did a course in swift/IOS development and learned a ton!

https://www.udemy.com

This is the top rated class i believe!

https://www.udemy.com/learn-html-and-css-to-make-website/

explicit likes this
2 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Okay fewf, I really enjoy codeacademy and I didnt want to feel like i was wasting my time

I used code academy too. It's pretty helpful to cover the basics, although it doesn't cover the whole functionality of most languages that I've tried on there.

10 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

3.  Any tips?

My recommendation would be to use codeacademy to learn your basic general understanding. Then give yourself some motivation, set you goals high and plan everything you want functionality wise. Then set to it, start to craft your masterpiece. Anything that you don't know how to do google it, use stackoverflow to guide you don't copy paste but re-do things in your own way. At this level don't worry about optimizing or proper formats just do what feels natural.

11 hours ago, Legit said:

My recommendation would be to use codeacademy to learn your basic general understanding. Then give yourself some motivation, set you goals high and plan everything you want functionality wise. Then set to it, start to craft your masterpiece. Anything that you don't know how to do google it, use stackoverflow to guide you don't copy paste but re-do things in your own way. At this level don't worry about optimizing or proper formats just do what feels natural.

Thanks man, appreciate your advise