Change log 7.5.1

bamf

3 hours ago, Killswitch said:

**EDIT**

Also, make prison break a defend for the cops. They always have to attack, and I'm sure even the rebels would like to attack a defended position from the cops once in awhie.

How would you do that? That would be interesting but how could it be done?

18 minutes ago, Haych said:

I'll forward the file on, its around 400kb .PAA so its all good for the mission file.

194ca5855a3345559aed8b246e1db909.png

c54ee7d82c7e4d86a59c4cc914092b17.png

14fa94d87a5348bba84d8be79510a6b7.png

If anyone has the templates for the prowler, just hmu, I'll get working on that.

That one chick who likes to talk shit to Paratus with her developing skills linked a template for the prowler publicly a few patch notes back. I'll look with you and PM you if I find it first.

Haych likes this
9 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

I've always thought it would be cool to have an interaction sign maybe 2 km away from the prison, have it so the prison is locked down and you can't get inside it to take defense as a rebel.

Cops have x amount of time to deploy to the prison like swat and then after the x amount of time passes, the prison can be attacked.

1 life only, cops can't come back and shoot the rebels in the back

This would obviously need alot of work to make it free of exploits.

22 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

When I first presented this idea to the devs, my idea was to use the skiptracer base location. Instead of it being your typical prison, it was a maximum security prison. However that location is out of the question now.

But to dive into more detail of how it would work.

So rebels would have to initiate it from a rebel base. Once initiated, cops would have 5 minutes to get to an HQ for the teleport to the prison to set up. Obviously, there are some flaws with just that.

Flaw 1: Rebels would set up, and have one guy go to rebel and start the prison break.
Fix: Add the code for turfs, so if any civilian is carrying a weapon within a certain radius of the prison, you would not be able to initiate it.
Flaw 2: Rebels would sit outside the radius for you to start it, and then would move in.
Fix: Have a timer before any rebel is allowed within the radius, which would be that 5 minutes for the APD to get set up.
Flaw 3: Trolls would just start the prison break from rebel and not show up. 
Fix: If trolls decide to do that, they instantly get sent to jail for maximum time. Have a timer where they must reach a certain radius to prevent them from going to jail.
Flaw 4: One rebel hero decides to do a solo PB. 
Fix: Have a set number of armed civilians within the initiation location in order to start it.

Those are just a few I could think of at the top of my head, but all very possible to incorporate for an APD defense vs. a Rebel Attack. 

But like many of the ideas that past Admins or even myself have brought forth to the appropriate people, they get swept under the rug. So don't expect anything fun like this to be implemented unless the Good Ol' Boys bring it forth. 

Big Bird and Corgi like this
13 minutes ago, Parker said:

I've always thought it would be cool to have an interaction sign maybe 2 km away from the prison, have it so the prison is locked down and you can't get inside it to take defense as a rebel.

Cops have x amount of time to deploy to the prison like swat and then after the x amount of time passes, the prison can be attacked.

1 life only, cops can't come back and shoot the rebels in the back

This would obviously need alot of work to make it free of exploits.

10 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Not exceptionally.

Check a radius from the prison for gang/group members from the time the button is pressed until it actually starts. If anyone steps inside; cancel the break.

Could also easily make it so that if more than (x) people with (y) weapons on them are in the circle but not in the gang/group, it cancels anyway to stop exploits.

Tag team I like it. Would be nice for anything new. We haven't got anything but broken things fixed for us in the past couple months.

MAKE THE MARKETPLACE AVAILABLE I WANT MY PAY TO WIN COVERALLS AND I HAVE DROPPED 75 DOLLARS ON THE CURRENT (shitty) SYSTEM

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this

So, I do think it would make more sense for cops to be the defenders in a prison break, but I don't think the execution of it would actually work. I could write out an entire list describing why, but the short version is that it would just feel really clunky and kind of dumb. It would require a major change, and probably a new location for it to be somewhat decent.

With that said, I do think there needs to be an event where cops are the ones defending, not attacking. I have something in mind that I'm going to run by @Paratus eventually, but I think for right now we're just focusing on bugs and performance.

Sergio, Mahdizzle and BioHazard like this
3 hours ago, Killswitch said:

***EDIT***

Also, back in the day, my old gang Liquid Mafia use to rob the Fed (aka Bank bc it was the same design, sort of) with only 3-4 guys. We weren't better or even that good. We just had weird tactics and had an RP story to delay the APD. You can even ask @Durga about some of those...he was sooo mad because he couldn't figure out how we were able to keep getting away with the cash hahah...good times

Visual representation of interrogating Innovative after a bank robbery

post-39688-show-me-the-money-gif-Imgur-J

13 minutes ago, speed said:

So, I do think it would make more sense for cops to be the defenders in a prison break, but I don't think the execution of it would actually work. I could write out an entire list describing why, but the short version is that it would just feel really clunky and kind of dumb. It would require a major change, and probably a new location for it to be somewhat decent.

With that said, I do think there needs to be an event where cops are the ones defending, not attacking. I have something in mind that I'm going to run by @Paratus eventually, but I think for right now we're just focusing on bugs and performance.

Gold bar events :frog:

Just now, bamf said:

You say the last few days, but the Exchange has been around a long time really. Does it go back that far do you think?

I mean, it makes sense, lag started around that time, having tons and tons of y inventory around the map doesn't help either, when will all servers be on the same mission file again, or is that still being used to test performance fixes?

2 hours ago, bamf said:

You say the last few days, but the Exchange has been around a long time really. Does it go back that far do you think?

the lag has been like this for about a month maybe 2  i have no idea how the exchange works, i was just thinking maybe when the servers refresh items on the exchange, it lags. Or im retarded. Probably the latter

Edited by TheRealLethal
10 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

the lag has been like this for about a month maybe 2  i have no idea how the exchange works, i was just thinking maybe when the servers refresh items on the exchange, it lags. Or im retarded. Probably the laterr

I dont know how its scripted.  I would hope it goes through simple DB calls.  But I can imagine that would get pretty ugly if its embedded with in the asylum DB.

2 hours ago, speed said:

Another reason being cops would just straight up attack the Rebels at the interaction sign.

9 hours ago, Haych said:

I'll forward the file on, its around 400kb .PAA so its all good for the mission file.

If anyone has the templates for the prowler, just hmu, I'll get working on that.

Got the templates on my desktop, gonna link them to you when I get home. 

Been working on it a bit too, but I guess my skills ain't as good as yours ;) :shrug:

Edited by Heidelberg
Just now, Pieter said:

everytime i hop on its 878k but it continiues when om on the server but it rols back when i log out and back in

That's a known bug, and one that will be difficult to address quickly.  It has to do with how the crimes are stored in the DB.  We are aware of that, and will fix it eventually (since it only affects a few people).

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Has nothing to do with the dollar value. It's that that cell of the Database has reached the maximum number of characters; and no more charges can be written due to the character limit.

Why charges are stored as

["Manslaughter","Manslaughter","Manslaughter","Manslaughter","Speeding", "Speeding", "Speeding",]

and not

[["Manslaughter",5],["Speeding",3]]

or even what they are in code,

[["187",5],["spd",3]]

is beyond me.

oh okay :)

21 hours ago, Haych said:

194ca5855a3345559aed8b246e1db909.png

c54ee7d82c7e4d86a59c4cc914092b17.png

14fa94d87a5348bba84d8be79510a6b7.png

Does My foot pedal and steering wheel work with this car??? Lmao But really, @Paratus@Motown Give this man Haych Admin, He deserves it way more than some...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

sti-lip2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ballsack noodle said:

Does My foot pedal and steering wheel work with this car??? Lmao But really, @Paratus@Motown Give this man Haych Admin, He deserves it way more than some...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ex-Synergy members are already hated by a number of admins, let's not just add fuel to that fire.

Me: "I need comp for my orca I lost when the server went off-"

Haych as admin : "Fucking Roaching Synergy members- REMEMBER THAT ONE TIME YOU SHOT ME 1k FROM CAP JACKASS?!"

Me: "n-n-no I think that was Lethal"

Haych : "DENIED"

IN all seriousness - good job.

Edited by Clint Beastwood
Haych likes this