Change log 7.5.1

bamf

19 minutes ago, bamf said:

I don't accept your premise Jimmy.  The number of times those APD officers came back to a scene that they had no chance of "winning" other than by lethaling people one at a time was appalling.  It's that sort of mentality that drives newer players from servers - so I fixed it.  

Long story short, this problem is happening 24/7, but just because it happened against you, you didn't like and changed something. Rebel community told you and Paratus for the past 2 years now of how much cops abuse the no new life rule and it's annoying as hell even to someone who plays as apd and watches those cops do it. Simply give cops new life rule, but equip them with equal gear as to rebels and all problems are solved. I already had given you couple suggestions of how you could prevent constant returning to the scene a month ago.

5 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Long story short, this problem is happening 24/7, but just because it happened against you, you didn't like and changed something. Rebel community told you and Paratus for the past 2 years now of how much cops abuse the no new life rule and it's annoying as hell even to someone who plays as apd and watches those cops do it. Simply give cops new life rule, but equip them with equal gear as to rebels and all problems are solved. I already had given you couple suggestions of how you could prevent constant returning to the scene a month ago.

Putting in a new life rule for cops means more record and report.  If we can build systems to stop what is happening that is the preferable way to fix things.  I have some thoughts on how to further prevent zerg rushing back to scenes that we may want/need to implement in the near future.  

The adjustment to money today fixed a bug, and then took the incentive to just kill people down a touch.  

4 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Give everyone (not just cops) a new life rule.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Putting in a new life rule for cops means more record and report.  If we can build systems to stop what is happening that is the preferable way to fix things.  I have some thoughts on how to further prevent zerg rushing back to scenes that we may want/need to implement in the near future.  

No need to add any monitoring for APD higher ups to do. Simply just make a similar system that I suggested to you a month ago on discord. Just have it a timer check for an area, if the cop let's say dies the first time at coke field, the back end checking timer kicks in for that area of radius 1km, and if he dies there again during that timer, he will be forced to wait let's say 5 minutes to be able to spawn in. This would be literally the simpliest fix.

4 minutes ago, Destrah said:

Give everyone (not just cops) a new life rule.

Reason why I said only for cops, cause rebels usually do not come back when they are actually dead and even if they want to come back, they have to spawn in a town, drive to a rebel, gear up, fly to location where the cops are fighting. Cops need to spawn in nearest HQ, press regear option if they want to get better gear, if not just get a car and then just drive off.

Edited by Pentax

Hello, i am very happy with the Cop lethal change. I sort of like being constantly lethaled, i would rather have that than go to jail. But deep down inside, the amount of lethaling going on was too damn high. Also, the cartel changes look interesting to say the least.

@bamf swat is still being abused, people just tell you to record and report, but fixing it from a development standpoint would be a much better solution imo.

Just now, Pentax said:

No need to add real actual monitoring for APD higher ups to do. Simply just make a similar system that I suggested to you a month ago on discord. Just have it a timer check for an area, if the cop let's say dies the first time at coke field, the back end checking timer kicks in, and if he dies there again during that timer, he will be forced to wait let's say 5 minutes to be able to spawn in. This would be literally the simpliest fix.

Reason why I said only for cops, cause rebels usually do not come back when they are actually dead and even if they want to come back, they have to spawn in a town, drive to a rebel, gear up, fly to location where the cops are fighting. Cops need to spawn in nearest HQ, press regear option if they want to get better gear, if not just get a car and then just drive off.

This is the problem with this community. Its always only one side and its not possible for both sides to be doing it.

5 minutes ago, bamf said:

The adjustment to money today fixed a bug, and then took the incentive to just kill people down a touch.  

No... That didn't fix the issue at all. They will still be coming back the same amount of times, they will still be lethaling same amount of times, what really only changed is that they gonna be paid less, that's it. Being paid less is not incentive to lethal less, TRUST ME. Heck, even if lethaling wouldn't give any money, there would still be almost same amount of lethaling and that's talking from 1 year of high end rebel career, and then another 1 year of cop career.

Apci and Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz like this

@bamf

First off, I want to thank you for your service and work you do for the servers.

But I got some questions and I am sure this will go unanswered, but lets try this anyways...

I did a big meeting with a big portion of the rebels (delegates representation), you may recall, and almost every single one of them wanted cartel changes. However, upon receiving all the new locations that were selected, you decided to not even select one of them. Why is that?

On top of that, while most rebels feel that Arms cartel has the overall best locations (based off of the meeting), they felt like the changes to new locations should be Drug/Triad/Oil. On top of that, only one new location was made, the compound was a previous one. Why are those locations being ignored? (I know the criteria for locations, and many of those are plausible)

Lastly, when is cannibalism going to be a thing?

(FYI to everyone; creating new compounds is not that hard, they take 5-10 minutes to create)

Haych, Pentax, OgreTV and 1 other like this
31 minutes ago, Destrah said:

This is the problem with this community. Its always only one side and its not possible for both sides to be doing it.

Reason why I'm pursuing NLR for cops only is that because I'm imaging NLR in a different way than you. My idea is to let them come back, but if the cop died twice in that area, he wouldn't be able to spawn in for let's say 3-5 minutes. Cause that's the same amount of extra minutes it takes for rebels to come back, maybe even longer.

EDIT: Or just simple instead of forcing them not to spawn for 3-5 minutes, make them to be able to spawn only to the furthest HQ from where the action and cops death took place. (either of them aren't too difficult coding wise)

Edited by Pentax
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz and cFeor like this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

This patch will be going live on all servers shortly.  

• Groups with fewer than 12 players should no longer report that they are full
  • Building a fire from a vehicle is no longer allowed.  Also, camp fires can be cleaned up now. 
  • Added 2 new Arms Cartel locations on Altis as a test.
  • Added 1 new Arms Cartel location on Tanoa as a test
  • The APD will now receive less money when they kill a fugitive
  • Pulling out unconscious players should be more reliable
  • Fixed an exploit related to players in jail

Let's play with the new cartels for a week or so and see what we think.  They are spots that we discussed in another thread, but if we get consensus that we don't like them it's easy enough for me to remove or change them.  

@bamf

You forgot this Bamf

Just now, Pentax said:

Reason why I'm pursuing NLR for cops only is that because I'm imaging NLR in a different way maybe than you. My idea is to let them come back, but if the cop died twice in that area, he wouldn't be able to spawn in for let's say 3-5 minutes. Cause that's the same amount of extra minutes it takes for rebels to come back, maybe even longer.

EDIT: Or just simple instead forcing them not to spawn for 3-5 minutes, make them to be able to spawn only to the furthest HQ from where the action and cops death took place. (either of them aren't too difficult coding wise)

Or just enforce the old rule, if your wiped, no going back...

Brutus, Rag, Ghouh and 3 others like this
10 minutes ago, Killswitch said:

@bamf

First off, I want to thank you for your service and work you do for the servers.

But I got some questions and I am sure this will go unanswered, but lets try this anyways...

I did a big meeting with a big portion of the rebels (delegates representation), you may recall, and almost every single one of them wanted cartel changes. However, upon receiving all the new locations that were selected, you decided to not even select one of them. Why is that?

On top of that, while most rebels feel that Arms cartel has the overall best locations (based off of the meeting), they felt like the changes to new locations should be Drug/Triad/Oil. On top of that, only one new location was made, the compound was a previous one. Why are those locations being ignored? (I know the criteria for locations, and many of those are plausible)

Lastly, when is cannibalism going to be a thing?

(FYI to everyone; creating new compounds is not that hard, they take 5-10 minutes to create)

I have only a minute, but I'll try to address a few of your questions.  

I added in the old house location because people in that cartel locations thread expressed interest in having it back.  It wasn't a terrible spot, and adding it back into the rotation was fairly trivial.  If people decide they do enjoy it, then it can stay.  

As for the choice of the other location - I wanted to keep all the Arms cartel spots on that island (for now).  East Arms while popular on the forums now, was resoundingly despised when it was active.  Further, there were a lot of requests to have us put some things in on a test basis - so I did.  I chose a spot, no one had terrible objections to the spot in the thread, so it's going in for about a week to see what people think.  I'm trying to make this more interactive with the community, and adding and removing spots is something I can do quickly enough.  

I'm not ignoring the other locations, but currently there are 6 spots for the flag for drug - so trying new ones means pulling old ones out.  Also the spots suggested need some buildup, and while it certainly is quick to do things in the editor - it's not quick to do them to the standard that we have here on the Asylum.  I can throw something together quickly, but ultimately if there are holes in the walls etc people will complain about that rather than looking at the actual spot of the cartel.  We will build some things, but I wanted to get a mini patch out today and this was something that could be easily done AND had been requested time and again (more cartel spots).  

Wong's needs and should get another spot to break the monotony.  It's something that we know...

2 hours ago, bamf said:

This patch will be going live on all servers shortly.  

• Building a fire from a vehicle is no longer allowed.  Also, camp fires can be cleaned up now. 
  • The APD will now receive less money when they kill a fugitive

Let's play with the new cartels for a week or so and see what we think.  They are spots that we discussed in another thread, but if we get consensus that we don't like them it's easy enough for me to remove or change them.  

LOLOLOL

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, bamf said:

I don't accept your premise Jimmy.  The number of times those APD officers came back to a scene that they had no chance of "winning" other than by lethaling people one at a time was appalling.  It's that sort of mentality that drives newer players from servers - so I fixed it.  

So fix your server policy rather than nerf cops. Add in NLR for cops in certain locations (or everywhere) and give them better gear--even if the better gear costs more. Seems like you got killed, got angry and nerfed cops on impulse. There's veteran players here like Pentax that have made good suggestions (which I bet a lot of us agree with) that you decide to ignore.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

That's not a witch hunt. We literally coded the change 5 minutes after that fight finished.

Sometimes firsthand experience creates change. I'm not complaining; it's a change I welcome.

Less cops at a situation = more likely chance of lethals being used. More cop nerfs = less cops.

11 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

So what will cops be getting? This update seems massively lopsided towards gangs and rebels.

As someone who played both sides for a year each, cops were making quite a lot of money and this isn't that bad for nerfing the money gained from lethaling someone. It feels like you guys don't understand actual nerf, he didn't nerf the payout percentage, he just nerfed the max payout amount of the bounty. So when you lethal the guy who is worth 150k, you'll get 30k max. Like it really is not that big of a deal to be honest, main income on cop is not for lethaling anyway.

Edited by Pentax
Just now, Pentax said:

As someone who played both sides for a year each, cops were making quite a lot of money and this isn't that bad for nerfing the money gained from lethaling someone. It feels like you guys don't understand actual nerf, he didn't nerf the payout percentage, he just nerfed the max payout amount of the bounty. So when you lethal the guy who is worth 150k, you'll get 30k max.

So it's 30k max per officer, or 30k max that gets split?

3 minutes ago, Pentax said:

30k max that get's split between all officers online.

What we need instead of nerfs, is something to prevent things like combat suicide. Nothing worse than flashbanging and storming a roof, only to have the guy nade himself or jump off.

Edited by Dpatt711
Just now, Dpatt711 said:

What we need instead of nerfs, is something to prevent things like combat suicide. Nothing worse than flashbanging and storming a roof, only to have the guy nade himself or jump off.

Jumping off or nading yourself is not combat suicide, it's just shitty rp, but since this is light rp server, that means he has done nothing wrong and there's nothing to take action against.

Lets be real for a minute.  East arms was universally hated by gangs when it was removed.  You guys will play it for a couple of weeks/months and then complain to remove it all over.  With that said, however, I agree with many of you and would like to see the Eastern side of the map be utilized more in some way.   

Also, as far as cops being "nerfed".  Give me a break.  The whole premise behind cops even having lethal ammo is to thin the herd so to speak.  Outnumbered?  Call for backup like you are supposed to.  Your job is to put people in jail, not kill them.  Cops aren't going to win some fights; just like rebels aren't going to win some fights.  If you want to kill people and make money, go fight cartels.

I'm not even going to touch the subject of a NLR.  It's just more work for everyone.  More work for you guys having to record, cut, and upload videos.  More work for admins having to review said videos.  More work for APD higher ups having to determine more policies.  More work for new players trying to learn all of the rules.  The simpler the rules are, the better.

7 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Jumping off or nading yourself is not combat suicide, it's just shitty rp, but since this is light rp server, that means he has done nothing wrong and there's nothing to take action against.

How is it not combat suicide? You are in combat, and you kill yourself. It may not fall under the rules of combat suicide, but it is still combat suicide by any definition. 

Just now, DaQuan said:

I'm not even going to touch the subject of a NLR.  It's just more work for everyone.  More work for you guys having to record, cut, and upload videos.  More work for admins having to review said videos.  More work for APD higher ups having to determine more policies.  More work for new players trying to learn all of the rules.  The simpler the rules are, the better.

Or you could just make it more works for devs, which I know for a fact isn't that hard to make if you'll go with simple ways of implementing it, but once coded and working. That means literally no work for APD, or anyone else to monitor the NLR.

Just now, Dpatt711 said:

How is it not combat suicide? You are in combat, and you kill yourself. It may not fall under the rules of combat suicide, but it is still combat suicide by any definition. 

Combat Suicide is, when you are within RP already (rp initiated) and you press Esc and click Suicide. That is the only combat suicide, which is bannable.

Furnie Mack and Corgi like this
1 minute ago, Pentax said:

Combat Suicide is, when you are within RP already (rp initiated) and you press Esc and click Suicide. That is the only combat suicide, which is bannable.

Yeah, I was using combat suicide in the general sense, you are still killing yourself mid-combat to avoid being downed and sent to prison. 

Pentax likes this
Just now, Dpatt711 said:

Yeah, I was using combat suicide in the general sense, you are still killing yourself mid-combat to avoid being downed and sent to prison. 

Don't call it combat suicide, just go with "shitty RP, fail RP". Cause everyone mainly here knows combat suicide as one and only the one that I explained above. :)

Heidelberg likes this
4 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Don't call it combat suicide, just go with "shitty RP, fail RP". Cause everyone mainly here knows combat suicide as one and only the one that I explained above. :)

It's still a form of combat suicide, the only form that is bannable is using the Respawn option. Regardless of what you wanna call it, I would like to see more forms of combat suicide be prevented or made against the rules. This would reward cops who want to use downing, instead of lethals.

Edited by Dpatt711