Change log 7.5.4

bamf

6 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

On some wastelands they have a different option to enter the vehicle without owning the DLC, the option for entering the vehicle is still there however when you scroll over their custom made one it doesn't give the DLC pop up, maybe you guys can try something similar, I really want to try this drug running out.

Can you drive or fly the vehicle though?  That's always been the thing with their DLCs, you could ride in the heli but not fly it...

Just now, bamf said:

Can you drive or fly the vehicle though?  That's always been the thing with their DLCs, you could ride in the heli but not fly it...

Yes I'm talking about getting into pilot seat, some wasteland servers let you go into the pilot seat through another option "Get in vehicle as pilot" that doesn't show the DLC

Just now, Gnashes said:

I somehow see Bohemia enjoying servers circumventing their DLC Locks even MORE than I see them enjoying donation rewards.

Just sayin'.

True, it's been awhile since I've tried it on the other wasteland so I'm not sure if they took away that feature, I'll go test it out. Hopefully it won't be against BI's rules, can't imagine them over looking the others for this long..

Haych likes this
24 minutes ago, bamf said:

On NMD Sandbox for example, you can choose to spawn in driver/pilot seat of a vehicle when spawning it, it will put you into driver/pilot, on some wasteland servers like @Cassettes said it has a scrollwheel option to get in as pilot, it just forces you into the driver/pilot seat without the DLC block, I was doing this to fly planes/new vehicles before I bought the dlc.

59 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I somehow see Bohemia enjoying servers circumventing their DLC Locks even MORE than I see them enjoying donation rewards.

Just sayin'.

33 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

On NMD Sandbox for example, you can choose to spawn in driver/pilot seat of a vehicle when spawning it, it will put you into driver/pilot, on some wasteland servers like @Cassettes said it has a scrollwheel option to get in as pilot, it just forces you into the driver/pilot seat without the DLC block, I was doing this to fly planes/new vehicles before I bought the dlc.

That's like going in the back kitchen door of Taco Bell and eating some tacos without buying them. Not sure BI would appreciate the asylum server much if that were the case.

Monster likes this
10 minutes ago, Professor Pericles said:

That's like going in the back kitchen door of Taco Bell and eating some tacos without buying them. Not sure BI would appreciate the asylum server much if that were the case.

Well other servers are already doing it and have been doing it and there haven't been any BI interference with them as far as i know.

2 hours ago, Professor Pericles said:

Confirmed it actually canceled your mission without any penalty but does not despawn the plane. if you land at any airport but the airport you took off at. If you cancel the mission at the airport you took off at, it works as intended

Forgot to edit my post. I did fly back and the canceling worked. Thank you.

On 8/23/2016 at 4:29 PM, bamf said:

Behind every great drug lord is a group of people moving drugs around, and usually this means pilots to fly the drugs from place to place.  Coming with today's patch the kingpins on Altis and Tanoa are looking for you if you can fly a plane.  Like most drug dealers though, they are not going to just take your word for it that you will deliver the yayo.  Be prepared to put up your own money to ensure you will get the drugs delivered on time.  

• Drug trafficking missions have been added to select airfields around both islands.  When you take a mission, the drug trafficker will provide you a plane to fly to another airfield where you will load the drugs.  Fly back to the original airfield to deliver the drugs and collect your money.  If you feel the heat and can't deliver the drugs on time, fly to another drug deal to land the plane and cancel the mission (but remember failure has a price as well).  

Bug fixes and Misc:

• Y inventory may be less explosive on death
  • Script restriction #46 kicks should not happen now during restarts
  • Sfaka Arms Cartel location can spawn vehicles now
  • Both Oil Cartel locations are able to be captured now

Also, the way we handle restarts has been modified as a test on several of the servers to see if we can fix the server executable crashes.  We are testing this, but we hope that it will have a positive impact on server stability.  

The garages at the Drug Runner NPC's do not work as intended it would seem. Any idea of when that might be corrected bamf? @bamf

Hotfix 3:

• Drug runner missions should now fail properly
  • Vehicles may now be purchased with pre-installed alarms.  They are sold as optional add-ons when purchasing a vehicle, and will remain on the vehicle each time you pull that vehicle from the garage.  
  • Mechanics have been added to civilian car shops to allow you to purchase vehicle upgrades.  
  • The system message that indicates a car is being lockpicked has been removed (use a car alarm).  
  • Blindfolded APD officers will now have their bodycams disabled while they are blindfolded.  
  • The Asylum Exchange has been temporarily disabled
37 minutes ago, bamf said:
  • Mechanics have been added to civilian car shops to allow you to purchase vehicle upgrades.  

What type of upgrades are we looking at? Everytime I use Mechanic Shop it opens up a store like the gas station market or are those the upgrades to are talking about (alarms, nitrous, trackers).

Edited by Vincent WY
39 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 3:

• Drug runner missions should now fail properly
  • Vehicles may now be purchased with pre-installed alarms.  They are sold as optional add-ons when purchasing a vehicle, and will remain on the vehicle each time you pull that vehicle from the garage.  
  • The system message that indicates a car is being lockpicked has been removed (use a car alarm).  
  • Blindfolded APD officers will now have their bodycams disabled while they are blindfolded.  
  • The Asylum Exchange has been temporarily disabled

The Asylum Exchange not working as intended, flawlessly, eh?

Edited by Plus One Chromosome
9 minutes ago, Vincent WY said:

What type of upgrades are we looking at? Everytime I use Mechanic Shop it opens up a store like the gas station market or are those the upgrades to are talking about (alarms, nitrous, trackers).

Yes.  The things you would find at a gas station can now be purchased at the civilian garages as well.  

2 minutes ago, Plus One Chromosome said:

The Asylum Exchange not working as intended, flawlessly, eh?

We are looking to see if it might be the cause of a memory leak issue.  The system itself appears to be working (a minor bug to vehicle purchases notwithstanding), but this is something we wanted to try and see if it helps.  

Just now, bamf said:

Yes.  The things you would find at a gas station can now be purchased at the civilian garages as well.  

We are looking to see if it might be the cause of a memory leak issue.  The system itself appears to be working (a minor bug to vehicle purchases notwithstanding), but this is something we wanted to try and see if it helps.  

What about the helis that we buy and don't get? I assume that is the vehicle purchase you're referring to?

Did you include a fix that doesn't cost you 15k when the plane fails to spawn initially?

Thanks bamf.

5 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

There's already a talent that marks cars being lockpicked with an alarm on your map.

Not our fault nobody uses it.

Sentry alerts when a alarmed car gets lockpicked. It does not track it. My suggestion is that cars can be purchased with alarms AND trackers. And vehicles with trackers could be reported stolen and thus subsequently show up on police maps.

Edited by Dpatt711
2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

There is a talent which alerts cops to a civilian car that is being lockpicked if it has an alarm on it and the cop is within 4 kilometers.

I'm pretty sure I know about the talent system, thanks.

I know it works for Alarms, but at least for me, it only places a stationary mark. I was thinking people should be able to buy cars with trackers pre-equipped as well. Then if a cop has sentry, and the car getting stolen has GPS tracker, the cop will see the car on his map, and be able to track it real-time. 

Edited by Dpatt711
Just now, Gnashes said:

Pre-installed trackers isn't something I'm a fan of for civilians. I would not be opposed to a car with a tracker being pinged with a persistent GPS dot for cops if a civilian turns it on. I would however, like for the vehicle theif to have some kind of warning that this has happened. (think message, red flashing light, something.)

Well pre-installed tracker could be the same as the pre-installed alarm. You pay extra when you buy the car (Even more than just buying the alarm). 

I also kind of like the idea of 3 level security systems. 

Level 1: Alarm

Level 2: Alarm + Tracker

Level 3: Alarm + Tracker + Kill Switch or other form to disable the vehicle (Could make it only last a few seconds to balance.) 

If that's over-powered you could simply make the cost per garage pull or require a talent.