Remove Combat Seizing

1 minute ago, BrutaL said:

personally i've never been bothered with lethals

and at the moment downing is just a 45 min jail sentence.. so any rebel would rather be lethaled because if you are downed its almost  guaranteed a 45 min  jail term since there is no benefit to saving one and can just do a prison break

it should either be combat seize weapons or invincible restraints. it shouldn't be both but that's my opinion

+1 to this imo

Just now, BrutaL said:

personally i've never been bothered with lethals

and at the moment downing is just a 45 min jail sentence.. so any rebel would rather be lethaled because if you are downed its almost  guaranteed a 45 min  jail term since there is no benefit to saving one and can just do a prison break

it should either be combat seize weapons or invincible restraints. it shouldn't be both but that's my opinion

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU CRYING WHEN COPS ARE LETHALING TOO MUCH (not specifically talking about you) :shrug::shrug::shrug::poop::poop:

8 minutes ago, Pentax said:

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU CRYING WHEN COPS ARE LETHALING TOO MUCH (not specifically talking about you) :shrug::shrug::shrug::poop::poop:

because MANY cops just go solo to get a lethal tap and repeat

that's the problem and that is why the change occurred. 

and that i have experienced a lot myself.. 

in my honest opinion it should be either combat seizing or invincible restraints... not both 

there is just zero incentive for anyone to save someone restrained. it's much better to just do a prison break and rescue them that way.. or rescue them via jury duty. and  surely that shouldn't be how it should work?

there is so little incentive for a cop to actually capture someone

what i will say is.. cops on asylum have it heck of a lot easier than most altis life servers.

Edited by BrutaL
Rag likes this
7 hours ago, TheRealLethal said:

Cop a downs a guy, Cop b Holsters his gun, Zig zags bullets (DPI glitches in the Worst case scenario), Uses an OP hotkey to restrain people, says "im seizing your illegal gun" as fast as humanly possible, and magically makes your gun disappear, And dies immediately afterward. 

As a cop i refuse to do it, even when told to by others, it is a shitty rule, and is unfair to the person.

your not following RP guidelines lethal :P

3 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I don't think the discounted gear was enough to justify bringing back combat seizing.  Then turf discounts aren't working as well...makes it even less justifiable.  It was a bad idea and once again you see cops who just run out in the open with no regard for their own life to seize people's guns.  That's incredibly stupid. 

I think the answer is to usher in NLR and enforce it with zone triggers (e.g. illegal areas) where if a cop dies in the zone, they can't respawn there just like HQ. It would spare admins the headache of sorting complaints and it would make gameplay more fun for both cops and rebels. Cops would have to value their life in that situation and if they manage to snag a combat seize, then all the better for them. 

As for the rebels saying they prefer lethals, well of course you do, cops just had their lethal payout significantly nerfed and now you're complaining about seizing. What's next? MX's too powerful so all constables should be using P07's only? Come on get real. In the 5 weeks I've been doing constable, I've only combat seized once and that's when I had 4 rebels vs just me in Athira. You guys are blowing it way out of proportion.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
.Sean and Haych like this
5 hours ago, Jimbo! said:

Are you telling me the MX/MXM/MK20 isn't enough for constables? Maybe if cops pushed and actually worked together they'd stand a better chance, sitting 500m out doesn't work :fail:

No i'm saying most cops fight like they're pistol bangers and rebels like experienced veterans. Fighting cops is easy, specially for your gang lmao

2 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

No i'm saying most cops fight like they're pistol bangers and rebels like experienced veterans. Fighting cops is easy, specially for your gang lmao

Plus cops are usually uncoordinated and talking over each other in TS. Tac comms sounds good in the APD guidebook but its never really practiced. In addition, you can't even take cover in a lot of scenarios cuz those 7.62mm bullets just rip right through them. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
.Sean likes this
15 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Plus cops are usually uncoordinated and talking over each other in TS. Tac comms sounds good in the APD guidebook but its never really practiced. In addition, you can't even take cover in a lot of scenarios cuz those 7.62mm bullets just rip right through them. 

I've fought alot of times where i knew the cops, and we would listen to eachother. Was almost always guaranteed succes but in general it is as you describe. Complete aids.

On 8/26/2016 at 5:26 PM, Jimbo! said:

Remove it completely, rule is absolute bullshit and should never of been there to start with, cops can return to the fight almost instantly, within minutes, it was balanced enough before hand, regardless, no cop has gotten close enough to seize my gun in the past month, all chris kyle bullshit.

Judging by the salt content of your post I have deemed this to be false.

On 8/27/2016 at 7:24 PM, Norwegianviking said:

I think the combat size rule is kinda BS, never done it and never will. +1 on removing it!

Although you have to admit, people are blowing it out of proportion. Pre CS, The amount of times I had a prisoner broken out of restraints on scene before all-clear was given, was once or twice total. 

Edited by Dpatt711
On 8/27/2016 at 10:43 AM, bamf said:

I'll admit I did not read all the posts in this thread, but I do have a mechanic coming that will make both sides happy on this issue. 

I got a great idea. Make it so that if rebels lose and get restrained, they lose their guns, but if cops seize it mid-combat make it so all illegal-items get removed and the APD can't charge them for any illegal items. It's the perfect balance.

3 hours ago, Dpatt711 said:

I got a great idea. Make it so that if rebels lose and get restrained, they lose their guns, but if cops seize it mid-combat make it so all illegal-items get removed and the APD can't charge them for any illegal items. It's the perfect balance.

No simply keep combat seizing but the scroll wheel option only shows up if you are x meters away from a police vehicle to simulate you locking it in the police vehicle. Then at hqs they could get some cosmetic upgrades with a new building for evidence locker with defensive positions to allow rebels to attack it, but it starts a 10 min timer cops have to spawn there before the door is open and rebels come rushing in. If the rebels were to get in they would only get the weapons seized at that hq and to prevent police spawning in at the middle of combat disable spawning at that hq for 10-15 min after the 10 min time for rebels end. I think this could satisfy both sides as police get an event they get to defend and rebels have a chance to get weapons without purchasing and a cop doesn't run like a chicken with his head cut off to restrain/ sieze weapons.

kingtoad, ProjectGemini and bobby99 like this

@william I didn't read the arguing that happened in this thread. But believe it or not combat seizing does actually have a fair use. I disagree with zerg rushing and seizing it when there really is no reason. But if you are outnumbered (Actually outnumbered not just people who "claim" to be) it can be a useful thing to do if you know you will be overwhelmed and killed. 

Regardless if Bamf has a better solution people will be salty regardless, just rip the band-aid .

>Rob bank

>do a prison break

>killing every medic who comes to do their job

> kill tens of officers who's trying to serve his duty

> get downed and restrained after every officers wasted few $10,000 to their "Gear Up" while Kavala is going to shi*t cause no officers are there to protect them.

> get extremely salty, ignore cadets, threaten every officers that you're going to report them and kill them 

> bi*tch about wanting to talk to a higher up 

> officer combat sieze your weapon 

> lose your mind over a 10k gun after costing officers - hunter, orca, time, at least 3 "Gear Up" per person (at least 3k per gear up).

1 minute ago, Not a Block said:

>Rob bank

>do a prison break

>killing every medic who comes to do their job

> kill tens of officers who's trying to serve his duty

> get downed and restrained after every officers wasted few $10,000 to their "Gear Up" while Kavala is going to shi*t cause no officers are there to protect them.

> get extremely salty, ignore cadets, threaten every officers that you're going to report them and kill them 

> bi*tch about wanting to talk to a higher up 

> officer combat sieze your weapon 

> lose your mind over a 10k gun after costing officers - hunter, orca, time, at least 3 "Gear Up" per person (at least 3k per gear up).

Only a career cop would say this.

₴avagє, Haych and Kettles like this
On August 26, 2016 at 11:13 AM, william said:

Please remove it. I mean its not like weapons are stupidly cheap for us rebels we still pay 20-30k for a loadout. Not being funny but if the higher ups played civ too they would see how insanely stupid it is. Please remove it or at the very least re think it.  @Jbdragon @Snatch @Durga

1 minute ago, william said:

Only a career cop would say this.

Only a "play police just for money" would say this 

6 minutes ago, william said:

easier said than done seen as tho u get gear for free and can return every 30 seconds

Do you even play the same game lol? First off, unless you are carrying nades or multiple weapons you won't lose a 20-30k loadout. Secondly, you don't lose it instantly. You lose it after you fought the cops and lost. Also even at Prison or FED it takes about 2 minutes to respawn re-kit and travel back to an assaulting position.

1 minute ago, Dpatt711 said:

Do you even play the same game lol? First off, unless you are carrying nades or multiple weapons you won't lose a 20-30k loadout. Secondly, you don't lose it instantly. You lose it after you fought the cops and lost. Also even at Prison or FED it takes about 2 minutes to respawn re-kit and travel back to an assaulting position.

i dont lose a 20-30k loadout? How much are they then...

4 hours ago, william said:

i dont lose a 20-30k loadout? How much are they then...

3 hours ago, Dpatt711 said:

For stuff you lose if combat seized? 12k max unless you buy nades.

7.62 can be 12k + 25 mags = ~16k max. Regardless, combat seizing really just ruins a lot of things. Your gang members have no incentive to work for your release since you'll be useless after without a weapon.

Edited by ₴avagє
Plus One Chromosome likes this
30 minutes ago, ₴avagє said:

7.62 can be 12k + 25 mags = ~16k max. Regardless, combat seizing really just ruins a lot of things. Your gang members have no incentive to work for your release since you'll be useless after without a weapon.

25 mags? damn you must be bad...

2 minutes ago, |Cam| said:

as far as realism goes with this in real life a police officer would disarm someone after they were killed. This is so other civillians dont pick up the weapon. In arma this isnt a thing but the revive timer is 5min wich is quite long.

I did not make this thread so a career cop could make the real life arguement.

₴avagє likes this