Money making polls and community feedback.

drug runner missions.  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Asylum moneymaking techniques and the Drug Runner missions community opinions and feedback..

• Yes leave drug runner and buff other methods for making money
    • No, decrease payouts for drug runner and leave all payouts the same
    • Create some type of middle ground without nerfing anything
    • Create some middle ground while nerfing some things and boosting others

2 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

As Bamf said we did that on Australia. We played legit while we were there. Ran a shit load of hooch, bought houses, crates, aging barrels and focused on scotch 24/7. We were all money capped within no time. It's not hard when you apply yourself and say hey. We're going to focus on money making (running alcohol and drugs) and not money spending (cartel fighting/cop fighting).

Few things here my friend :

1. No cartels worth fighting - huge sink of money

2. No events to fight cops were even functional or balanced or EVEN WORK - huge sink of money

3. Red zone Sucked ass - Risky place could have been a huge sink of money

4. Guns with no rails - No one bought therefore saved money

5. One tapping pistols at the price of 1-3k - Huge save on money

6. Awesome ways of making money - Cutting Wood actually profitable

7. You guys Bounty Hunted.... Duh?. Also you guys played all day long and ALWAYS got in the server. The rest of us couldn't. 

Edited by Sugarfoot
1 minute ago, TheRealLethal said:

irrelevant. Different map, different money making methods, different meta. Money making was safe (from what i am hearing from people who played the map ) Do it on altis. make a gang, you and the boys, no admin abilities, no my asylum account editing. start from scratch and play like a normal person. 

Like I said, we did that already. Do you honestly think a collection of the past most wealthy players on the server wouldn't just clean up again?

Just now, bamf said:

Like I said, we did that already. Do you honestly think a collection of the past most wealthy players on the server wouldn't just clean up again?

you seem to be missing the point, back in the day, you could make 40 mil and just chill for literally a month and even make profit for the AUTO PAYING CARTELS. Now i cook meth get capped, fight one day and have to do it all over to maintain the level of wealth. Back then you didnt have to maintain.

If its so easy, Do it on altis.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this

Why not add back dear stands or improve defence from a civilian side.  (Done FED's from both cop and civ sides and holding down gates with say a 10man group still holds a greater challenge than a 3 man bank.) 
Possibility of adding Safety deposit boxes inside the domes containing dirty money or random items such as flawless diamonds/ gold coins.  Quicker to open than a vault but could give a random payout that could make the fed worth while.  (1 High value box in the Fed with a large quantity of Flawless diamonds or other high value items and smaller/ medium payouts in the rest.) 

@bamf FED in its current state is not worth it from a financial stand point when compared to the ease/ payout at a bank. It could do with something to make it more profitable or easier to defend. 

24 minutes ago, bamf said:

Why though?  We'd be money capped in a few days. 

Alright bamf, I invite you to come and play with us and fight every cartel with us for 2 weeks whilst starting from a bank account of $100,000 - you will soon realise how much of a money sink fighting cops & cartels are.

To fight a cartel, you most likely need an ifrit to win, -$120,000 - $140,000.

To fight a cartel, you need a loadout to fight, -$30,000.

To run drugs, you need the server to stay up and even a house to make them worth while, -$55,000 until you get comped, probably end up getting 50% comp and sitting in teamspeak for 3days for one loadouts worth.

Money cap buys you (on average) 33 loadouts, fix discounts.

My offer will still stand, feel free to take it up, this goes for any admin, come play as a normal player in a normal gang.

Edited by Jimbo!
2 hours ago, bamf said:

15 gold bars at $30k+ each.  $450k isn't a big payout?

Edit:  The timers were changed a while back, but no one seems to have noticed that...

Hate to say this, but in the 5~6 recent Feds I've done (in the last 2 months), we have never seen above 10. Usually around 9 was average for us. We also did it at the end on a server cycle in order to try and get a decent payout. 

Edited by Hubschrauber
9 minutes ago, bamf said:

Why though?  We'd be money capped in a few days. 

I mean Gnashes is quick to pull logs of cops coming back to Cocaine processing.

Have him pull some logs on a good cartel day where the server doesnt go down every 30 minutes and look at the money that goes into just a basic day of Cartel fighting.

25k each load out. Normal fights are 12 v 12.  One team has to lose. 300k gone just from one team, that's even saying the other team lost anyone.

Frizzy likes this

Fuck it, you want to know how much of a money sink cartels really are?

2 caps require a suicide vest/speed bomb, used with an ifrit for a safer chance. $170,000(Vest) - $200,000 (Speedbomb).

With group cap(12) you will almost always attack with 2 ifrits($240,000) and 12 loadouts($360,000).

2 ifrits full with people($600,000), 1 ifrit with a vest($170,000), if you are in a spot where you can not get revived you will respawn and regear, most cartels we will have atleast 2-3 people that go through 2 loadouts a fight, lets round that up to a total of $800,000 per cartel, tell me again how drugs are worth running for cartel fighting gangs? Ifrit pull out fee($4,500) and RPG purchases not included.

Edited by Jimbo!
JAY1HP, Monster, .Sean and 1 other like this

Aye haych or jimbo do an off-road run and  video it and speed it up or just don't lie about the number . I believe it's around 30 minutes and the risk for meth is not rewarding u should make hydrogen a red zone and boost the price of meth to equal cocaine.

Why does tanoa get the best way of making money via cocaine and altis get some shitty meth that makes u 30k while cocaine makes 50k and the same time. (Off-road)

Edited by Feenix
1 hour ago, Jimbo! said:

Alright bamf, I invite you to come and play with us and fight every cartel with us for 2 weeks whilst starting from a bank account of $100,000 - you will soon realise how much of a money sink fighting cops & cartels are.

To fight a cartel, you most likely need an ifrit to win, -$120,000 - $140,000.

To fight a cartel, you need a loadout to fight, -$30,000.

To run drugs, you need the server to stay up and even a house to make them worth while, -$55,000 until you get comped, probably end up getting 50% comp and sitting in teamspeak for 3days for one loadouts worth.

Money cap buys you (on average) 33 loadouts, fix discounts.

Isn't cartel end-game rebel stuff? It's supposed to be a money sink.

I'm not too keen on the game anymore but shouldn't gangs have a gang bank to which they can pool money to supply Ifrits to these fights?

Money cap giving 33 loadouts seems fair. How many loadouts do you think is necessary at cap?

Server crashing during a drug run does suck. I think that's where Bamf's tactic of running in an offroad offsets the risk of not only cops/criminals interfering, but also minimizing damage of a crashing server.

When people are comparing money making on another map and Pre-6.0 to current day Altis :fail:

Let's all just be grateful we have plane runs which make gangs actually fight because they can decently farm money without running around in circles for 30 minutes. 

Edited by Haych
JIMBO likes this

Money making on civ is incredibly grindy.  Ever since the living economy + other changes to money making it has felt a lot slower and way less worth it.  I think it is also due to the culture of Asylum being far different.  People will kill you at legal areas just cause, this use to be much more rare and riskier jobs are much harder than what they use to be due to the hyper competitive nature of Asylum.

Lastly, grinding money on civ is a bitch but on cop it is so fucking easy.  You can get money capped on cop incredibly fast.  The comparison to civ and cop money making is night and day.  No, i'm not saying nerf cop income but if civ could be even somewhat close to how fast cop makes money, Asylum would be a lot more fun.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
10 hours ago, bamf said:

15 gold bars at $30k+ each.  $450k isn't a big payout?

Edit:  The timers were changed a while back, but no one seems to have noticed that...

Want to know how to get get bigger gangs to do the Fed without putting 'easy' money into the economy

> Increase Payout. 
> Increase # of Cops needed online to 8-12

2-3 Trucks should be used to get the whole amount out, not 1. A increased spawn rate in Gold Bars would mean if a gang wan'ts all of the money, they need to use more resources and more planning by using multiple trucks. Thats how 'End' game content should be, very hard but also very very rewarding. Some planning should go into it.

Edited by Haych
Monster likes this
21 hours ago, bamf said:

If someonewants to take it on, then here is what you could do to help out:

I would like a run of all illegal items done in a standard vehicle - could be a flatbed or box truck, an off-road, or whatever. I want to know the time it took to complete the run as well as the amount of money made on the run. 

This assumes you will start in the town closest to the gathering portion of the illegal activity, and finish by selling at the drug dealer (or Wong's) of your choice. 

Once we have more metrics, we can begin a balance pass of necessary. 

Also, having recordings of the runs would be awesome as well...

Ill make it worth your while to get me the information as well...

I've done a little of both illegal and legal activities. Idk if I was just unlucky with turtles, but only 1 was spawning approximately every minute. I was also surprised with the ones I did offroad and sports you can make more using sports. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17-_Cmhdr14VFLN_z4h9ES8-8mLiaEDfcDOqUhv-E0uA/edit?usp=drive_web

19 hours ago, Thomas said:

Why not add back dear stands or improve defence from a civilian side.  (Done FED's from both cop and civ sides and holding down gates with say a 10man group still holds a greater challenge than a 3 man bank.) 
Possibility of adding Safety deposit boxes inside the domes containing dirty money or random items such as flawless diamonds/ gold coins.  Quicker to open than a vault but could give a random payout that could make the fed worth while.  (1 High value box in the Fed with a large quantity of Flawless diamonds or other high value items and smaller/ medium payouts in the rest.) 

@bamf FED in its current state is not worth it from a financial stand point when compared to the ease/ payout at a bank. It could do with something to make it more profitable or easier to defend. 

If you're having fed problems I got news for you son, you got 99 problems and sucking ass is one.

Edited by Dpatt711

The current drug running method is brilliant because there is always that element of risk when delivering the plane, where it may be flight or fight. However even when loosing this cash you're not completely used up, and can continue to do other money making jobs. Something like meth however, if someones camping the lab, or drug dealer, thats it, almost 1 hours work all gone, which really does decrease player happiness. In my opinion they did a cracking job with drug running for its finally something that we can enjoy making money by, and something that is sustainable.

Best Regards

Rhys Priestland

Sonny Asif likes this

I think just in regards to the community, keeping drug runner missions in the mix is fun, I don't think they need nerfing because:

1. It is a new and fun way of making money
  2. New players actually have a chance when they start the server
  3. They are sufficient enough of an income if you want to fight cartels a lot
  4. Anyone can do the,
  5. It keeps the server active
  6. If there i a server crash it doesn't matter at all
Phil. likes this
1 minute ago, Sonny Asif said:

I think just in regards to the community, keeping drug runner missions in the mix is fun, I don't think they need nerfing because:

1. It is a new and fun way of making money
  2. New players actually have a chance when they start the server
  3. They are sufficient enough of an income if you want to fight cartels a lot
  4. Anyone can do the,
  5. It keeps the server active
  6. If there i a server crash it doesn't matter at all

@bamf @Paratus

100% Agreed.

17 minutes ago, Sonny Asif said:

1. New players actually have a chance when they start the server

Thats actually really untrue.  The system allows players to go negative in their accounts. Once someone goes negative far enough there is no way to recover. Crash a plane and you cant even afford to take out a quad to drive back over there.  Crash a few planes and you are 45k in debt and there simply is no hope at recovery at that point, thus the player will leave. I wouldn't really encourage a new player to do this.

16 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Thats actually really untrue.  The system allows players to go negative in their accounts. Once someone goes negative far enough there is no way to recover. Crash a plane and you cant even afford to take out a quad to drive back over there.  Crash a few planes and you are 45k in debt and there simply is no hope at recovery at that point, thus the player will leave. I wouldn't really encourage a new player to do this.

Go on editor>Spawn in plane>Land said plane>Go on to asylum>Do a plane runner mission>Money

1 minute ago, bamf said:

On another note, I am using my secondary account to make money with no admin powers at all.  Started yesterday afternoon with 100k, a house, 3 loadouts, 2 sports, 2 offroads, and an Orca (what any self respecting rebel gang member would have).  I'm up 200k+ in cash, and still had time to put out a patch today.

But are you spending this money at all?

Chau likes this
Just now, bamf said:

On another note, I am using my secondary account to make money with no admin powers at all.  Started yesterday afternoon with 100k, a house, 3 loadouts, 2 sports, 2 offroads, and an Orca (what any self respecting rebel gang member would have).  I'm up 200k+ in cash, and still had time to put out a patch today.

Now join a gang and fight cops/cartels. and get ready to earn all that money back.

Goldy, Clint Beastwood and Chau like this