APB+ New Cop payment addon

I`m not a cop so this is coming from a Civ/Rebel Pov, I like the idea of the APB but I feel cops don`t chase down the targets, so what I feel should happen is the officers should get double the bounty for arresting the fugitive (ABP Target) this for 1 would make a good fight to possibly break out and  2 makes a un-used feature in my opinion into something worth doing also rather than a circle why not have it like a parole violation so then they have more of a chance of getting the APB or make the circle down to maybe a 75m Radius.

I have heard of people going on cop when they have to go afk and just sit in a car in the middle of no where just to get money from the other cop arrests now what might be a fix is you could make it so any cops within a 500m Radius of a HQ gets the bounty money when a fugitive is arrested and also this rewards the officers who chased down a bounty caught them not the ones that are driving about just trying to make money and do nothing.

Edited by Monkeysz
Legit and M R. O R A N G E like this
5 minutes ago, Monkeysz said:

I`m not a cop so this is coming from a Civ/Rebel Pov, I like the idea of the APB but I feel cops don`t chase down the targets, so what I feel should happen is the officers should get double the bounty for arresting the fugitive (ABP Target) this for 1 would make a good fight to possibly break out and  2 makes a un-used feature in my opinion into something worth doing also rather than a circle why not have it like a parole violation so then they have more of a chance of getting the APB or make the circle down to maybe a 75m Radius.

I have heard of people going on cop when they have to go afk and just sit in a car in the middle of no where just to get money from the other cop arrests now what might be a fix is you could make it so any cops within a 500m Radius of a HQ gets the bounty money when a fugitive is arrested and also this rewards the officers who chased down a bounty caught them not the ones that are driving about just trying to make money and do nothing.

I suggested something similar before, Your number two was identical to mine but I suggested officers get rewarded full bounty prices for ticketing/pardoning so cops can ignore the fact they get less money and be more interested in reducing prices because of RP.

I was just told I was a money hungry cop. Hopefully since you aren't a cop you won't share the same fate, however career rebels will bash you for this.

I don't agree with 1. Providing number 2 was in place it would be more then enough incentive to chase APB's more frequently.

BioHazard likes this
Just now, Legit said:

I suggested something similar before, Your number two was identical to mine but I suggested officers get rewarded full bounty prices for ticketing/pardoning so cops can ignore the fact they get less money and be more interested in reducing prices because of RP.

I was just told I was a money hungry cop. Hopefully since you aren't a cop you won't share the same fate, however career rebels will bash you for this.

I don't agree with 1. Providing number 2 was in place it would be more then enough incentive to chase APB's more frequently.

I have had around 30 APBs and I have evaded 28 The only 2 times I was caught was right at the start when they first came out abd I was capping a turf and 11 cops showed up and I had no car, 2 I had a 5k bounty and crashed so cops pulled me over and didn`t know I was a APB target until I got to HQ and out of the 28 I evaded I only got in a chase maybe 1 or 2 times which in my opinion is bad I would love to get into a shoot out with cops in the middle of no where as for the double bounty thats like icing on the cake for making them want to do APBs.

29 minutes ago, Monkeysz said:

I have had around 30 APBs and I have evaded 28 The only 2 times I was caught was right at the start when they first came out abd I was capping a turf and 11 cops showed up and I had no car, 2 I had a 5k bounty and crashed so cops pulled me over and didn`t know I was a APB target until I got to HQ and out of the 28 I evaded I only got in a chase maybe 1 or 2 times which in my opinion is bad I would love to get into a shoot out with cops in the middle of no where as for the double bounty thats like icing on the cake for making them want to do APBs.

In all honesty the APB system is just too buggy to use, and easily exploited by civilians not wanting to be caught. (I won't post how here) The radius on the circle is huge and you can only update it every 10 minutes. The only time people go after APB's are if they are close to them when the circle first pops up. 

#1 It would certainly entice officers to chase the suspect more, but the majority of the issue with APB is that the person is usually in a chopper or at a cartel making it pretty much impossible to pursue.  The cartel thing is really the biggest issue, cops simply cannot go to them while there is an active fight.  

#2 As a Sgt I have the ability to get an admin to kick someone on cop, but as a corp- cops need to take action against AFK cops and attempt to contact an admin on discord.  If a cop sees someone has been afk for some time in an area and not moving they need to go to the area (while recording) verify they are afk and lethal them.  This will put the officer on debug and remove them from the payment system.

Mike Stmria, Scott and |Cam| like this
1 hour ago, Monkeysz said:

i was told by some Lt a long time ago (i think it was @Mayhem) that the APD is not built for combat, so #1 having more fights break out is a no no. 

19 minutes ago, Legit said:

In all honesty the APB system is just too buggy to use, and easily exploited by civilians not wanting to be caught. (I won't post how here) The radius on the circle is huge and you can only update it every 10 minutes. The only time people go after APB's are if they are close to them when the circle first pops up. 

1 hour ago, Monkeysz said:

why not have it like a parole violation so then they have more of a chance of getting the APB or make the circle down to maybe a 75m Radius.

14 minutes ago, HotWings said:

#1 It would certainly entice officers to chase the suspect more, but the majority of the issue with APB is that the person is usually in a chopper or at a cartel making it pretty much impossible to pursue.  The cartel thing is really the biggest issue, cops simply cannot go to them while there is an active fight.  

#2 As a Sgt I have the ability to get an admin to kick someone on cop, but as a corp- cops need to take action against AFK cops and attempt to contact an admin on discord.  If a cop sees someone has been afk for some time in an area and not moving they need to go to the area (while recording) verify they are afk and lethal them.  This will put the officer on debug and remove them from the payment system.

#1 I suggested doubling it as then if they capture a fugitive on a APB for the reason you may get an APB there it sucks but that`s the rules and also aren`t most rebels complaining about cartels saying no one fights so unless its active they can go even so the second its capped its technically not an active cartel for "x" amount of time so they could wait for it to be capped and move in (I don`t mean as soon as they get an APB go camp the free fire line I mean more like check areas and patrol around near by and when it ends drive to it) 

#2 I suggested the idea of a radius because as an officer 1 going out of your way to deal with someone AFK isn`t on their list of things to do or watch out for and recording and reporting would just cause problems for the admins and soon to be mods also Lts as people will come up with stuff like My mum needed me or I went to pull a pizza out the oven which to be fair could happen mmmh Pizza... but at least with the radius the target that is apprehended by the cops and sent to jail by the arresting officers who will be the ones rewarded for taking a fugitive off the streets.

3 minutes ago, Dork said:

i was told by some Lt a long time ago (i think it was @Mayhem) that the APD is not built for combat, so #1 having more fights break out is a no no. 

Well what do you think a fugitive is going to do hand him self in with a 300k bounty also baring in mind this is from a Rebel/Civ Pov so If Im going down Im not going down without a fight.

4 minutes ago, Monkeysz said:

#1 I suggested doubling it as then if they capture a fugitive on a APB for the reason you may get an APB there it sucks but that`s the rules and also aren`t most rebels complaining about cartels saying no one fights so unless its active they can go even so the second its capped its technically not an active cartel for "x" amount of time so they could wait for it to be capped and move in (I don`t mean as soon as they get an APB go camp the free fire line I mean more like check areas and patrol around near by and when it ends drive to it) 

#2 I suggested the idea of a radius because as an officer 1 going out of your way to deal with someone AFK isn`t on their list of things to do or watch out for and recording and reporting would just cause problems for the admins and soon to be mods also Lts as people will come up with stuff like My mum needed me or I went to pull a pizza out the oven which to be fair could happen mmmh Pizza... but at least with the radius the target that is apprehended by the cops and sent to jail by the arresting officers who will be the ones rewarded for taking a fugitive off the streets.

Well what do you think a fugitive is going to do hand him self in with a 300k bounty also baring in mind this is from a Rebel/Civ Pov so If Im going down Im not going down without a fight.

there is a reason Durga removed me from the APD, along with the fact that half the rules that they have are complete horseshit 

18 minutes ago, Monkeysz said:

-smip-

Not stating I disagree at all, just giving you explanation as to why I dont normally go after the APD.  I know people say they dont fight cartels, but they seem to be contested more often than not. lol.  I also suggested the radius idea before, but that was pretty much disliked by most people. I do think the cops involved in the arrest/processing should be rewarded, and the cops who avoid the situation should not. As its set up tho, killing said afk officer is the best option. 

Monkeysz likes this
1 hour ago, Sneaky said:

Give cops half payout for any arrests made while an APB is active. Then they go for APB target with semi high bounty. Mission success

The only issue with that is simply that in our other missions as you put it, there's a set location you know to go to. Bank, PB, fed but as it stands now the APB shows up on different parts of the map for different people, if we made the APB tracking more reliable id be all for this.

7 hours ago, Hank3 said:

The only issue with that is simply that in our other missions as you put it, there's a set location you know to go to. Bank, PB, fed but as it stands now the APB shows up on different parts of the map for different people, if we made the APB tracking more reliable id be all for this.

Well even with different locations on the map the cops could work together and find ways to use this information to track a suspect. Think of it like a squad of police splitting up to chase different leads. Same concept! =)

Google™ likes this

APB from a rebel perspective was incredibly disappointing.  I've gotten it a few times and never has the police went after me.  I see the notification, get all excited and find an area that is heavily defendable with my buddies but then no action.  If you are the APB target, you should have the same tracker on you as parole violators for sure and more money incentive never hurts.  I love the whole concept of APB because it encourages combat in places where you usually wouldn't fight ( For at least players who aren't heavily cartel focused ) and that needs to be encouraged more as well as more features that cause more combat with police and rebels all over the map instead of the same old places. 

9 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Give cops half payout for any arrests made while an APB is active. Then they go for APB target with semi high bounty. Mission success

Rather than penalize cops, an incentive should be given for them to track APB. Also adding in talent for constables that gives more frequent and accurate APB tracking would be nice.

Frizzy likes this
1 minute ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Rather than penalize cops, an incentive should be given for them to track APB. Also adding in talent for constables that gives more frequent and accurate APB tracking would be nice.

It is not penalizing cops, it is pushing them into completing an objective when they otherwise wouldn't. You can choose to continue active duties while an APB is active but at a % of the reward. This should encourage cops to actually participate as a group to accomplish an objective even when a higher up isn't around to give orders. It is a great opportunity to experience combat in a new element rather than the standard bank/prison/fed. This should be treated as an important event just like those I just mentioned. Cops make way too much money to begin with so lets not act like this is going to break the bank account. There could be rewards for actually capturing the highly wanted suspect but cops have to pursue the person first. I think a title is definitely something to be considered and maybe a decent spread of money to officers who participate.

APB should garner attention as someone has been declared "most wanted" by the police. Cops should be putting their attention towards that objective in an effort to apprehend this person. The money reduction for regular arrests is because most resources are being pooled towards this APB warrant. Maybe some things can become available for cops to use during this hunt. I think a cool loadout (SWATish) could be obtained by officers who wish to pursue the suspect. Lets take a second and not think about money and instead focus on a cool opportunity for the APD to actually work as a large group completing a task that will likely change dynamically each time. You have an opportunity to fight in random spots across the map that could be unexpected for both parties.

6 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

It is not penalizing cops, it is pushing them into completing an objective when they otherwise wouldn't. You can choose to continue active duties while an APB is active but at a % of the reward. This should encourage cops to actually participate as a group to accomplish an objective even when a higher up isn't around to give orders. It is a great opportunity to experience combat in a new element rather than the standard bank/prison/fed. This should be treated as an important event just like those I just mentioned. Cops make way too much money to begin with so lets not act like this is going to break the bank account. There could be rewards for actually capturing the highly wanted suspect but cops have to pursue the person first. I think a title is definitely something to be considered and maybe a decent spread of money to officers who participate.

APB should garner attention as someone has been declared "most wanted" by the police. Cops should be putting their attention towards that objective in an effort to apprehend this person. The money reduction for regular arrests is because most resources are being pooled towards this APB warrant. Maybe some things can become available for cops to use during this hunt. I think a cool loadout (SWATish) could be obtained by officers who wish to pursue the suspect. Lets take a second and not think about money and instead focus on a cool opportunity for the APD to actually work as a large group completing a task that will likely change dynamically each time. You have an opportunity to fight in random spots across the map that could be unexpected for both parties.

All this sounds fine in theory but there's a very high chance cops still won't chase the APB unless that incentive is there and there's improved APB tracking (eg talent). Additionally, I've had APBs soft log on me several times to avoid being caught which is really lame . Some also use orcas and fly way up to the heavens to avoid being caught so they can earn that invisible title. The mechanics of how APB tracking is done along with penalties for those that abuse it need to be ironed out. 

Personally I enjoy APB tracking and go after them whenever possible and a SWAT load out would be nice if they are heavily armed and looking for a fight.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Frizzy likes this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

All this sounds fine in theory but there's a very high chance cops still won't chase the APB unless that incentive is there and there's improved APB tracking (eg talent). Additionally, I've had APBs soft log on me several times to avoid being caught which is really lame . Some also use orcas and fly way up to the heavens to avoid being caught so they can earn that invisible title. The mechanics of how APB tracking is done along with penalties for those that abuse it need to be ironed out. 

Well this is a forum for suggestions! The point is to hash out problem areas and opportunities for improvement so that the experience is fun for both factions involved. The system needs some work before either side will contribute to it.

7 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Well this is a forum for suggestions! The point is to hash out problem areas and opportunities for improvement so that the experience is fun for both factions involved. The system needs some work before either side will contribute to it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a talent tree which gives improved or real time tracking of an APB with better payout options if the arresting officer has that talent. The SWAT option to chase after them is also something I'd like to see. As for discouraging soft loggers, maybe prevent them from soft logging while the APB is active. That would not stop them from alt-f4 but that could be an administrative issue. I'm not sure what could be done about the guys who like to soar into the heavens while the APB is active, maybe give them an incentive to fight the APD? Something like 100k if they kill ten officers while APB is active.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
On 9/11/2016 at 7:37 AM, Sneaky said:

Doesnt work, there is an APD up the majority of the time.  We cannot decentivise cops actually doing their job to catch a player that is most likely just going to hide at a cartel or in an Orca for the unlockable titles.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz, Boss and Frizzy like this