A Topic Worth Discussing - Money Cap

+1 Money cap does nothing, just makes you either buy a mil at a time or grind for 6 hours to fill it, or make players that dont spend alot and just like being a civ bored and not play much as there is nothing to gain, prestige is useless. Just a annoyance more then anything.

Literally any of the gangs right now could blow as many suicide vests as before, loose as many ifrits and .50 cals as they want and still have bank, it's not the same game anymore like people have said. You don't even need a .50 cal anymore to stop any of the vehicles on altis, suicide vests are no where near as easy to get off as before, not to mention the cops barricade the gates and everything at the hq when taking a HVT.

Tl;dr Money cap is not stopping massive suicide vests, loads of ifrits and .50 cals, the current meta of the game is. All money cap is doing is boring players

Edited by Keneith
Phil. likes this
11 hours ago, OLL13 said:

Altis life is meant to be crazy, who wants to come home from a shitty day at work/school and look at an empty bank account. I don't know about you but i want to have access to millions and feel like a badass and do crazy shit like convoy's of hemmit 50.cal's etc. Also, removing money gap would 100% sort out gang life.

+1. Logged on to fight maybe a couple times this week. Gangs will come back if cap is removed andold money value returned. Ollie discusses this in his thread

17 hours ago, Keneith said:

Tl;dr Money cap is not stopping massive suicide vests, loads of ifrits and .50 cals, the current meta of the game is. All money cap is doing is boring players

How exactly does forcing people to do things makes the game boring, it really does the opposite. It makes you interact with more people while doing things to earn cash, interact with cops when you break the law, and gives you a break from side chat.  Asylum was broken when people could just buy 50 mil so they didnt have to actually do anything, and nothing is worse than a troll with an endless bank account.  You cant even say its fun to try and get on the rich list because 7 of the 10 people bought money to get there and bought more when people got close to catching them. 

3 minutes ago, HotWings said:

How exactly does forcing people to do things makes the game boring, it really does the opposite. It makes you interact with more people while doing things to earn cash, interact with cops when you break the law, and gives you a break from side chat.  Asylum was broken when people could just buy 50 mil so they didnt have to actually do anything, and nothing is worse than a troll with an endless bank account.  You cant even say its fun to try and get on the rich list because 7 of the 10 people bought money to get there and bought more when people got close to catching them. 

What? You think you can't just buy a mil at a time now? That's 10 mil old money... Think about it

I think the money cap + prestige idea was good, but the execution was not. Its been 2 years, its a feature that is not working very well. I dont play that much any more, but last time I was online, some dude suiced vested the cops 4 times, so how much is changed. The biggest issue I see is that people now log on, but only play 30 min instead of several hours.

Take myself for example. I'm at 950k with 800k prestige. If I log on, theres nothing for me to do. I can make money for 30 min and I'm capped, and with the rebel prices, I cant be bothered to fight, because I spend to much % of my total wealth to gear up. So instead of me being on for 2-3 hours making money and taking money farm break to fight, I just dont play at all, and I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

Sure you can say I could hide my money in vehicles etc, but I cant be bothered to buy vehicles I know I sell for a loss.

I think the cap is doing more bad things than good things. I used to be #2 on the list(could never beat smodee), and it was so much fun working towards that. I bet both bamf and volunteer remembered how much fun it was going for that #1 spot 

Ozadu, Phil., JIMBO and 2 others like this
1 minute ago, Budbringer said:

I think the money cap + prestige idea was good, but the execution was not. Its been 2 years, its a feature that is not working very well. I dont play that much any more, but last time I was online, some dude suiced vested the cops 4 times, so how much is changed. The biggest issue I see is that people now log on, but only play 30 min instead of several hours.

Take myself for example. I'm at 950k with 800k prestige. If I log on, theres nothing for me to do. I can make money for 30 min and I'm capped, and with the rebel prices, I cant be bothered to fight, because I spend to much % of my total wealth to gear up. So instead of me being on for 2-3 hours making money and taking money farm break to fight, I just dont play at all, and I think a lot of people are in the same boat.

Sure you can say I could hide my money in vehicles etc, but I cant be bothered to buy vehicles I know I sell for a loss.

I think the cap is doing more bad things than good things. I used to be #2 on the list(could never beat smodee), and it was so much fun working towards that. I bet both bamf and volunteer remembered how much fun it was going for that #1 spot 

You are too worried about trying to stay at money cap... Play the game, have fun, and go back to making money when you need it. I give money to random people all the time just because I can.  Catch a new kid who cant pay a 3k ticket? I send him to jail and wire him 50k.  There are so many things you can do, so many ways to blow money, so many ways to make it.  You can go for top prestige just as much as you could go for top of the money list, its literally listed the same way when you log onto the server, only now people wont just buy 50 mil to move up the list and people don't have over 200 million in accounts that they never earned.  You could raise the cap, but removing it altogether would do way more harm than good.

Midamaru likes this
1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

That's even coming from a previous and well rounded Administrator of the servers...Remove the money cap, please. I find the same issue happening, I log on and I'm at 980k. I don't want to spend money because it takes so much of what I have to get geared. And I can't go farm money either because it will just go to prestige. If I had saved up 5,000,000, I wouldn't care as much about 30k to gear up. There should not be a percentage taken of the money I spent TIME earning taken because I have too much in your eyes. @bamf @Paratus I haven't liked the money cap since day 1, still don't for the same reasons.

Edited by Phil.

This is the perfect situation for Paratus to post a official Poll to see how much of the community wants the cap removed.

100% removing money cap will bring back life to the server. More people will be doing runs, more people doing different activites, it will be fun for all, both Civ and Blufor. Its a no brainer imo.

Just read back to my previous post, the Rebel community has significantly changed since pre 6.0. 

@Paratusplease just look at the downfall of gang life ever since the introduction of money cap, please look at the amount of activities that happened then, compared to now. All you have to do is compare. 

@HotWings

I have been reading your comments and I do somewhat get where you are coming from. However, is the only thing you are worried about with the removal of the cap is people purchasing their money? Because honestly that hasn't changed at all and honestly, why do we care what people do with their money? They can use their own earned money any way they want (admin issue and they need to figure out a way to fix that, not us :P ). If you are worried about people just using vests after vests, that hasn't changed at all either. I mean, look at what Anders said, when he played some gang suicide vested 4 times to try and save their gangmate(s). So what has really changed? 

I think the main problem now is that when people log on, and they are capped, they don't stay logged on that long. Which in turn, negatively hurts the server population as well as map activity. And I know there is still many things to do, but for a handful of players, grinding was their favorite thing to do on the down time of their gangs. Just think, when players are capped or close to the cap, they don't need to make money. So they won't be doing anything that earns them money anymore. Usually the capped players will only fight cartels or fuck with the APD someway, somehow. If prestige was actually worth it, they might grind for that, but I highly doubt it. So if you remove the cap, the players will still be out there earning money increasing map activity. 

bigjohn561, /|/|0T4RD and Flameless like this
On 9/13/2016 at 8:37 AM, Gnashes said:

Don't forget having 6 people eject out of a Hummindbird and detonate suicide vests in midair to cluster-bomb police HQs because the cop didn't do what you wanted him to.

To my understanding this was later made physically impossible through a patch of some sort. Also, cop loadouts are so cheap they lose almost nothing besides the bounty that they MIGHT have spent the equivalent of 20k from coming back multiple times to catch that person. The game was so fun back then and now when people get down to 8-700k they stop spending because they don't feel like their money is secure. Since they don't feel like making money right away since they just got done reaching 1 mil, they log off for awhile. This in turn creates less activity on the server.

Edited by O/|/|3GA
6 minutes ago, suspect said:

I have to agree, post 6.0 look at how many people were doing community meth runs, actually fighting cartels, and just having fun in general, after the patch most people have begun to agree that asylum is starting to die since not as many as the old people play, not only money cap but the servers go down constantly, but the money cap is something that we can fix ourselves, and I agree we should remove it

Post 6.0? it's pre 6.0 :kappa:

@Paratus tell me how much money you want to remove cap and revert values

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, _Mac_ said:

Ummmm,I made a post but it didn't post...hmmmmm? Said saved when I hit submit and I assumes it posted but it didn't...that mean I gotta retype it?

well here i am again...guess it was to long..so here is half now.

For the last 2-3 days ive been reading about this said money cap.Fairly negative it seems,But one on going thing i have seen is hardly any real suggestions other then the +1 remove it,it sucks and its useless blah blah blah.

So instead of whinging and bitching at the admins about it,like the title of this thread says needs more discussion,as there was a reason for this to be implemented,Before my time of course as i am rather new..i dont have a full grasp of the mod yet,but a fair understanding.

So due to this cap seems like people are at a stand still and or bored as they don't see there bank account getting bigger and get a penalty for exchanging this prestige for cash if you hit a certain point.10-75%..

So below are some suggestions we can add to,and work with what we have.So lets have a real discussion about it.Lets work with the admins instead of against them because something didnt work the way it was meant/thought to work an or intended.

Now please read thru this as im sure ima jump around as i just got off work and its 7 am,and im tired as fuck right now.

Im going to use the talents/skill tree and meth as examples along with the prestige(it being accumulated over time).

So you hit the current max cap or w/e you wanna call it,now what?

My suggestions are the Following.

Just now, _Mac_ said:

well here i am again...guess it was to long..so here is half now.

For the last 2-3 days ive been reading about this said money cap.Fairly negative it seems,But one on going thing i have seen is hardly any real suggestions other then the +1 remove it,it sucks and its useless blah blah blah.

So instead of whinging and bitching at the admins about it,like the title of this thread says needs more discussion,as there was a reason for this to be implemented,Before my time of course as i am rather new..i dont have a full grasp of the mod yet,but a fair understanding.

So due to this cap seems like people are at a stand still and or bored as they don't see there bank account getting bigger and get a penalty for exchanging this prestige for cash if you hit a certain point.10-75%..

So below are some suggestions we can add to,and work with what we have.So lets have a real discussion about it.Lets work with the admins instead of against them because something didnt work the way it was meant/thought to work an or intended.

Now please read thru this as im sure ima jump around as i just got off work and its 7 am,and im tired as fuck right now.

Im going to use the talents/skill tree and meth as examples along with the prestige(it being accumulated over time).

So you hit the current max cap or w/e you wanna call it,now what?

My suggestions are the Following.

Once you hit cap or accumulate enough of the prestige,you can have a choice/option to make more cap room for a cost of prestige and in game money.Thus comes at a high cost,but also rewards you with more unlock able talent/skill points to be obtained.(27 i think is max atm)..depending what you are doing,in a gang cop ect.(revert back to this after reading more)

Now we could ask for another field/factory...(imo i think gathering would be more fair and not one sided for gangs,and make it to hard for solo players) I'll use lithium for example,another red zone like ephedra field,But with a twist,Takes longer to make,but makes for a better reward and a more pure/potent product. This in return makes it a very high risk and a high reward IE: longer progression bar making final product,more tense,more time sitting there shitting your pants waiting to be fucked with..Now this dont just have to be for meth..could work with Weed,and coke...Weed=edibles..Coke=Crack..an to do so need baking soda to make the conversion into each respected form..More time,More risk,reap the rewards!But also with the added/extra work,it should be dirty money so you would have to go to rebel at some point to clean it.HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD. More paranoia,More fun. Could also have gangs work with one another have alliances and such too.

Almost along the lines like it takes to make scotch,once you processed it,over the course of x amount of restarts soft and hard..You will get X amount of finished product..Now this is an option,not something that HAS to be done..But all of this will need to be unlocked thru prestige,maybe think of it as levels.

Again,This will depend how bad you want it,as i don't think this should be easy by any means,and for every time you prestige the longer it takes to obtain said talent/skills to do,So your gonna wanna choose wisely in doing so. im sure people have heaps of money now just sitting there,and they shouldn't be able to obtain this off the bat once it/if it gets implemented.Still will have to earn it and grind away.

Now we have an option with prestige instead of being forced and penalized.the penalty should be buying the prestige with the points and in game money in your account,and maybe apply a tax that goes to the bank of Altis,and when that is full goes to fed.(could lead to more things for cops to do) IE: Transport the money from the bank to the fed..Once its at the fed and loaded into the vaults,thus becomes gold bars or they make it in the bank idk...again just suggestions.

Now we have purpose for robbing banks/feds...If the bank goes unrobbed for so long/for a restart or too,cops/swat have to transport it. message pops up saying bank vault is full need a pick up to transport to fed. High risk high reward with more purpose behind killing cops other then just that and people are bored an wanna fight,i get its a light rp server an this sounds like it fits in well with that.

Another aspect i noticed that i think could work with prestige,is i saw a talent the other day,25% house upkeep..like the idea,and too add to it a bit,we could have something like mortgage..gotta pay X amount each server restart and or hard restart,and thus could be maybe factored in to a tax to add money to the bank/fed...with that said,should have an option on the website to pay on your my asylum page in case people got work/vaca an not gonna be around for long periods of time. In game you can go to a courthouse an pay it like a bounty...Thus giving more purpose to value your property's and contents inside them,and failure to do so will result in a foreclosure and APD will come an seize it from you and any contents inside could be used against you,aka create a bounty,then next restart its up for sale again,and former owner cant re-buy it for x-amount of time(cooldown).....This should go for gang houses also.But since gang houses prob make more money then any 1 person the amount on mortgages should be greaters. To me it all adds more value and team work/responsibility as a gang leader.

Now with all that said and suggested let the hate commence!!!! People have been crying about how not much to do and its getting boring now this an that....this should create some good fights,wars,and some epic gameplay imo..

To add to the drug thing in a whole...could there be a random value/chance that the market could spike and drop? say the base is 500..if it spikes due to no one selling to much of it and or it being 100% random,it jumps to 750 for X amount of time or until the market is flooded,An as it is now if you sell to much it goes down pretty drastic,creating tentions within groups/gangs?

Well that covers that...Let the hate commence..P.S no idea how hard it might be to code/script in,since most of it is already there,maybe just some tweaks.

2 hours ago, _Mac_ said:

Once you hit cap or accumulate enough of the prestige,you can have a choice/option to make more cap room for a cost of prestige and in game money.Thus comes at a high cost,but also rewards you with more unlock able talent/skill points to be obtained.(27 i think is max atm)..depending what you are doing,in a gang cop ect.(revert back to this after reading more)

Now we could ask for another field/factory...(imo i think gathering would be more fair and not one sided for gangs,and make it to hard for solo players) I'll use lithium for example,another red zone like ephedra field,But with a twist,Takes longer to make,but makes for a better reward and a more pure/potent product. This in return makes it a very high risk and a high reward IE: longer progression bar making final product,more tense,more time sitting there shitting your pants waiting to be fucked with..Now this dont just have to be for meth..could work with Weed,and coke...Weed=edibles..Coke=Crack..an to do so need baking soda to make the conversion into each respected form..More time,More risk,reap the rewards!But also with the added/extra work,it should be dirty money so you would have to go to rebel at some point to clean it.HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD. More paranoia,More fun. Could also have gangs work with one another have alliances and such too.

Almost along the lines like it takes to make scotch,once you processed it,over the course of x amount of restarts soft and hard..You will get X amount of finished product..Now this is an option,not something that HAS to be done..But all of this will need to be unlocked thru prestige,maybe think of it as levels.

Again,This will depend how bad you want it,as i don't think this should be easy by any means,and for every time you prestige the longer it takes to obtain said talent/skills to do,So your gonna wanna choose wisely in doing so. im sure people have heaps of money now just sitting there,and they shouldn't be able to obtain this off the bat once it/if it gets implemented.Still will have to earn it and grind away.

Now we have an option with prestige instead of being forced and penalized.the penalty should be buying the prestige with the points and in game money in your account,and maybe apply a tax that goes to the bank of Altis,and when that is full goes to fed.(could lead to more things for cops to do) IE: Transport the money from the bank to the fed..Once its at the fed and loaded into the vaults,thus becomes gold bars or they make it in the bank idk...again just suggestions.

Now we have purpose for robbing banks/feds...If the bank goes unrobbed for so long/for a restart or too,cops/swat have to transport it. message pops up saying bank vault is full need a pick up to transport to fed. High risk high reward with more purpose behind killing cops other then just that and people are bored an wanna fight,i get its a light rp server an this sounds like it fits in well with that.

Another aspect i noticed that i think could work with prestige,is i saw a talent the other day,25% house upkeep..like the idea,and too add to it a bit,we could have something like mortgage..gotta pay X amount each server restart and or hard restart,and thus could be maybe factored in to a tax to add money to the bank/fed...with that said,should have an option on the website to pay on your my asylum page in case people got work/vaca an not gonna be around for long periods of time. In game you can go to a courthouse an pay it like a bounty...Thus giving more purpose to value your property's and contents inside them,and failure to do so will result in a foreclosure and APD will come an seize it from you and any contents inside could be used against you,aka create a bounty,then next restart its up for sale again,and former owner cant re-buy it for x-amount of time(cooldown).....This should go for gang houses also.But since gang houses prob make more money then any 1 person the amount on mortgages should be greaters. To me it all adds more value and team work/responsibility as a gang leader.

Now with all that said and suggested let the hate commence!!!! People have been crying about how not much to do and its getting boring now this an that....this should create some good fights,wars,and some epic gameplay imo..

To add to the drug thing in a whole...could there be a random value/chance that the market could spike and drop? say the base is 500..if it spikes due to no one selling to much of it and or it being 100% random,it jumps to 750 for X amount of time or until the market is flooded,An as it is now if you sell to much it goes down pretty drastic,creating tentions within groups/gangs?

Well that covers that...Let the hate commence..P.S no idea how hard it might be to code/script in,since most of it is already there,maybe just some tweaks.

Clearly you are living under a rock or do not read the patch notes . Money cap is no more after 10m prestige , after you hit a certain prestige amount your bank accout rises until 10m.

Or clearly im new and like i stated i dont have a full grasp on how things work as far as the mechanics go. We can build off what we currently have and work with it instead of against it,and the whole just remove it or bring it back the old way attitude clearly aint gonna happen from what i have read...So with that said,what about all the other stuff in the heap of a post? No thoughts or discussion on it?

@Killswitch since you posted it id like to hear your thoughts and maybe jump start the convo/discussion

Edited by DankBud
7 hours ago, Tusken Raider said:

Clearly you are living under a rock or do not read the patch notes . Money cap is no more after 10m prestige , after you hit a certain prestige amount your bank accout rises until 10m.

Now i have a better understanding of the prestige,Thank you.

could anything i posted be even relevant into making prestige more useless then? Cause at some point again people most likely will get bored no?

• 1 year later...