Change log 7.7.1

bamf

8 minutes ago, TNT said:

I still believe this is caused by the aggression script.

@ParatusDisable it on one of the servers and see if it makes a difference?

At this current moment the aggression script needs a re-work anyway. It completely over rules the revenge killing rule, it also causes people to 'rdm' in towns such as Donor just because you killed there gang member at Rebel. Often someones name will be RED for you, but not for them, happens a lot when you die in a town and respawn back there. It makes for some interesting moments in Donor Town fights.

Frizzy and Monster like this
24 minutes ago, TNT said:

I still believe this is caused by the aggression script.

@ParatusDisable it on one of the servers and see if it makes a difference?

No, it's not. We know for a fact that it's not.

In fact we know for a fact that it's not Arma scripting AT ALL. We run our servers without any scripting active in any way and it still happens.

Having not had any issues for the first night will help us track the cause though.

As for 4 just "taking a shit",

Target IP Attack Size Date Started
209.222.108.194 15.5914 Gbps Oct 16 2016 4:41PM Eastern
JIMBO, Google™, BioHazard and 1 other like this
9 minutes ago, Professor Pericles said:

I love you boo, but to be honest anybody could type that out.

Not calling you a  liar,  but i'd love to see a gyzo of the actual log ;)

Bit of a crazy request, seeing as I have no reason to lie about that or go through the effort. DDoS' happen, often, and it's the reality of any large community. Fortunately our new host gives us a lot more control over mitigation (versus almost none at all with OVH).

7 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Bit of a crazy request, seeing as I have no reason to lie about that or go through the effort. DDoS' happen, often, and it's the reality of any large community. Fortunately our new host gives us a lot more control over mitigation (versus almost none at all with OVH).

Do you have any plans to fix the ddosing or just hopefully it stops soon? (On #4)

11 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Someone asking Paratus for a screenshot of "DDoS Logs" is like me asking you for a screenshot of your bank statement.

None of your business; none of my business.

I'm missing the connection between financial documents and logs showing the bandwidth of a DDOS attack. Again, I don't really care. But it isn't something that can negatively affect the server.

14 hours ago, Haych said:

At this current moment the aggression script needs a re-work anyway. It completely over rules the revenge killing rule, it also causes people to 'rdm' in towns such as Donor just because you killed there gang member at Rebel. Often someones name will be RED for you, but not for them, happens a lot when you die in a town and respawn back there. It makes for some interesting moments in Donor Town fights.

Sounds like fun to me, leave it alone! Love when names are red and I can just mow down everyone.

9 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I'm leaving this for the moment. In part to punish people trying to abuse an old exploit; in part because it's pretty friggin funny.

Can't really help it if you run into buy box, click on the vest to buy it and get shot. People can even come up with excuses such as "I was hesitating", or "I couldn't buy it fast enough". Can't ban someone for getting shot in the mist of buying gear, especially if there plan was to buy a vest and take the tower down.

9 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Someone asking Paratus for a screenshot of "DDoS Logs" is like me asking you for a screenshot of your bank statement.

None of your business; none of my business.

Lel top kek :frog:

Bank = personal shit

Ddos protection = not personal shit.

i wouldn't be suprised to see a screenshot of another line of SQF as the high tier ddos protection

₴avagє likes this
9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

can you please look into the mk200 mags, so many bugs, if I reload with a half mag sometimes the mag will disappear, if I put on a backpack my not-full mags will disappear, if I get in/out of a vehicle I will lose not-full mags.

Costs quite a bit for multiple mags and you lose them so easily.

I have this issue as well. And with the rpg rockets as well. Once lethaled/downed, any rocket loaded in the launcher disappears.

lets make them craft able?

Just now, Gnashes said:

The issue is that it's just a metric fuckton of DB calls running all the time. When you have a networked Database structure like we do (i.e, 5 servers pinging one database); it's a touch spammy.

Bamf and Paratus will likely look at it again once everything is back up and running on the new datacenter. I can't do anything because it's all serverside.

is there any way to get the money from all the houses?

Keneith likes this
1 hour ago, House. said:

Has anyone ever noticed instead of gnashes saying that something is working as intended to avoid a fix he says now, I've asked and they say <problem> isn't going to be changed.

He does what he can and has made a lot of changes and fixes on the server. But at the end of the day, he can only do what is approved by the boss. 

BioHazard likes this