Change log 7.7.1

bamf

Just now, Gnashes said:

I honestly made the options switch out because I felt them both showing was too cluttered.

1. You shouldn't even get that option unless a cop car is within 30 meters. That entire piece should be working as intended. (Scrollwheel won't give the option unless that distance check returns true. Maybe someone was driving a car closeby when you scrollwheeled and then moved away?)

2. Paratus thing

3. Cop Policy. Ask a captain.

No, I was the only officer, not a single person driving by. I got the message that there was no cop car close enough. After that i moved the person i had restrained closer to my car, but the option to seize was gone.

Miles likes this
1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

:shrug:

This is what happend: [Maybe i broke something idk]

So first I downed the guy after he started shooting at me, restrained him and searched him and his car. For some reason it wouldn't let me search the vehicle, it just told me     Searching...  After that I charged him and tried to seize his gun. Got told my car wasn't close enough, moved him closed to my car but the seize option was gone.

This happend on P4 as UC between airhq and cocain field on the bridge. I was the only officer, no one but me and the suspect.

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

It's always been disliked that things "poof" in a highly unrealistic way. Now at least when they poof they poof from an HQ, which makes a bit more sense.

So then how's about when we send rebels to jail they stay there permanently for their crimes or have to be jail broken out, that's REALISM FOR YOU. Being able to seize weapons off people in combat is our way to turn a fight to our tide. Now I always have to worry about a car being nearby and then guarding instead of focusing on the fight which is already very rebel sided. This IMO is a dumb change meant to benefit rebels which happens in every update as of recent. I fear that soon the best weapons cop can get will be pistols with lethals only and will have to run up and try to restrain people. I mean that's realism bullshit right? Let's just continue to cripple the APD until no one wants to play it anymore because you just get flattened by rebels. This update should be reverted and we need at least some updates to benefit cops. This update going to remove risk for rebels getting caught be an officer that can sneak up on them because they can be easily freed and recapture their weapons and it is going to be a chore for cops always making sure a vehicle is cleared out. People say use tactics, we do and succeed, then we get fked because there are 5 other rebels nearby full armed and there are 2 of us and now we cant disarm someone. I really do call bullshit on this realism excuse, sorry but not sorry.

Miles and Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz like this
19 minutes ago, Phantom Viper said:

So then how's about when we send rebels to jail they stay there permanently for their crimes or have to be jail broken out, that's REALISM FOR YOU. Being able to seize weapons off people in combat is our way to turn a fight to our tide. Now I always have to worry about a car being nearby and then guarding instead of focusing on the fight which is already very rebel sided. This IMO is a dumb change meant to benefit rebels which happens in every update as of recent. I fear that soon the best weapons cop can get will be pistols with lethals only and will have to run up and try to restrain people. I mean that's realism bullshit right? Let's just continue to cripple the APD until no one wants to play it anymore because you just get flattened by rebels. This update should be reverted and we need at least some updates to benefit cops. This update going to remove risk for rebels getting caught be an officer that can sneak up on them because they can be easily freed and recapture their weapons and it is going to be a chore for cops always making sure a vehicle is cleared out. People say use tactics, we do and succeed, then we get fked because there are 5 other rebels nearby full armed and there are 2 of us and now we cant disarm someone. I really do call bullshit on this realism excuse, sorry but not sorry.

I agree it will lead to a hell of a lot of complaints from APD down the road when they have trolls constantly attacking hq. Eventually they will say fuck it and go play rebel which is more fun anyway. Idea is nice in theory but will be shit long term, mark my words. And why are the servers still 100 slots? They clearly can't handle that many players without shitting themselves every single time. If Asylum refuses to spend money on better providers and hardware, then do us a favor and cut slots to 80 so we can actually play without a BE kick.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Miles likes this
18 minutes ago, Phantom Viper said:

666334-salt-mountain.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Google™ said:

I love the new BattleEye: Client Not Responding feature that was implemented, really just makes Asylum feel unique.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We've done a ton of testing on this and can say with no doubt at all the the problem is external, most likely DDoS (and yes, I see a lot of you don't believe this and think of it as an excuse). We receive close to a dozen attacks a day which are large enough to trigger filters, and the majority aren't even that strong.

We can confirm it's not our systems as we use the headless client to perform tests, the latest being just this afternoon. With it active there is literally no code, at all, in the Asylum mission running on the servers. If you put a server up with some people on an empty map with no scripts, that's how efficient it is yet the kick waves still come.

I can say with almost absolut certainty that your issue are caused by douchebaggery. Those who say or datacenter is a problem are also wrong; the same would happen anywhere.

That all said, I'm writing a tool that may be just what we need. We'll know more about it's effectiveness soon.

0scar, Mayhem, Sergio and 7 others like this
30 minutes ago, Phantom Viper said:

or u guys could just get better at the game that would work too, haha.

Brady23 likes this
16 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We've done a ton of testing on this and can say with no doubt at all the the problem is external, most likely DDoS (and yes, I see a lot of you don't believe this and think of it as an excuse). We receive close to a dozen attacks a day which are large enough to trigger filters, and the majority aren't even that strong.

We can confirm it's not our systems as we use the headless client to perform tests, the latest being just this afternoon. With it active there is literally no code, at all, in the Asylum mission running on the servers. If you put a server up with some people on an empty map with no scripts, that's how efficient it is yet the kick waves still come.

I can say with almost absolut certainty that your issue are caused by douchebaggery. Those who say or datacenter is a problem are also wrong; the same would happen anywhere.

That all said, I'm writing a tool that may be just what we need. We'll know more about it's effectiveness soon.

just put clingfilm around the router to stop unwanted stuff

2 minutes ago, Pacifist said:

or u guys could just get better at the game that would work too, haha.

My point exactly, people telling you get better or use tactics which is just not feasible when it's 2-3 officers fighting 5-10 fully-armed rebels. You might get lucky but really, you have less powerful weapons, armor, and people. Now instead of removing people from the fight you can't even disable them if your not near a car and even them if your not watching over your car all his buddy has to do is lockpick it and get the loadout back and now that rebel has lost nothing/risked nothing.

Miles likes this
16 minutes ago, Phantom Viper said:

My point exactly, people telling you get better or use tactics which is just not feasible when it's 2-3 officers fighting 5-10 fully-armed rebels. You might get lucky but really, you have less powerful weapons, armor, and people. Now instead of removing people from the fight you can't even disable them if your not near a car and even them if your not watching over your car all his buddy has to do is lockpick it and get the loadout back and now that rebel has lost nothing/risked nothing.

The rebels should have a chance always of keeping their weapons. Half of the time it's also like 50 cops vs 10 rebels.

27 minutes ago, Phantom Viper said:

When cops want to push, someone has to always have a car nearby to take the weapons. Makes pushing in a lot harder if you want to take the weapons during combat. Then once the event is over, cops need to go through 20+ vehicles to figure out which one the seized items are in to drive it back.

:shrug:

Vhantom likes this