Why do I have to be 17 to join the APD?

7 minutes ago, GuyStuffing said:

Just as the title says. I really want to join the police but I'm only 13, why do we have to be so old to join? Another case of adults thinking children are dumb? Or some reason I don't realise? I hope it is a reason that I didn't think of, not the former.

Nobody takes squeakers seriously and most would mess up at the end of the day because they are kids. Plus I don't think anyone in the APD wants to hear multiple squeakers on TS.

Phil. likes this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Nobody takes squeakers seriously and most would mess up at the end of the day because they are kids. Plus I don't think anyone in the APD wants to hear multiple squeakers on TS.

I try to be sensible and it already breaks down into insults? I really don't appreciate being called a squeaker.

2 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

Okay I think I speak for almost everyone here:

978b4b9cdca175fcd0f2fab1b57600a24829309d

deal with it.

I am dealing with it. I would just appreciate if people like you learned a bit of sense and treated others like you want to be treated. I refuse to respect you if you call me a "retarded squeaker". Also, no you do not speak for almost everyone here unless you have asked them their opinions.

2 minutes ago, HomeTrlx said:

There you go. Thats how I wanna get treated.

Really? Ok then. We don't want retarded idiots like you who have a mindset  from the 19th century, where you think kids should be locked up in little boxes shielded from the outside world. We are real people who have hopes and desires and strengths and weaknesses. And if I want to join the APD I don't need people like you insulting us and calling us out because of our age. Happy now? :)

The APD is run like an organization with certain policies and regulations governing it. Psychology proves that younger age equates to less vigilance of your actions and a willingness to do your own thing (a part of maturity). The APD doesn't need that.

Because of the nature of the APD and the large number of whitelisted officers, the APD needs individuals who are able to abide by a piece of text and take an order. Not saying you can't, but generally that is the case around your age group. 

And just for the record, the age limit has been lowered considerably twice in the past. It failed to improve the force both times, in fact, it noticeably diminished it.

Edited by Wondero
BioHazard, Miles and Mike Stmria like this
1 hour ago, GuyStuffing said:

Just as the title says. I really want to join the police but I'm only 13, why do we have to be so old to join? Another case of adults thinking children are dumb? Or some reason I don't realise? I hope it is a reason that I didn't think of, not the former.

In the APD there are things you are required to do whether you agree with them or not. In this case I give you the perfect example of why a 13 year old is not allowed in the APD: looking back at your post do you see how you challenged the rule and at the same time assumed the rule was written by an idiot? 

Well, maybe your brain isn't developed enough yet to see the comparison, or maybe it is. 

My son is 16 and plays here as well. Even though he comes across very mature most of the time, I wouldn't want him on the force because there are other times where his judgment is so far off from where the Captains want us to be. 

Miles, Maddox and Mike Stmria like this

These threads never end well due to trolls.

There has been a few times where the age limit was lifted and younger players were allowed to join the APD, in-fact I joined during one of those times.
It decreased the level of roleplay coming from cops and increased the amount of misbehavior seen from officers.
Due to that, younger players are not allowed to join the APD, as they are held to higher standards.

Do not let it discourage you though, you can become a bounty hunter and catch the bad guys and even bring up some amazing Roleplay experiences.
Or just become a dirty rebel, like most of the people eventually become.

I am locking this here, since the forum memes will keep flowing :FeelsBadMan:, think about what I said though.

/Locked.