Change Log 7.7.2

Paratus

23 hours ago, Pentax said:

High ping != lag switch

Battleye had a system to kick for a high ping, for a very long time now.... Asylum had it on, but it was set to kick only for a very high ping. Lag switching 90% of the time isn't detected by high ping kicker, because when people lag switch, they don't use it for a long time, so it doesn't time out the player, just causes a small (hiccup-i believe that's the word?), which doesn't increase the ping for the ping kicker to kick in.  

"Millisecond pulse" is the word. I've recently aquired a few programs if you wanna check them out. :kappa:

Asylum News likes this
6 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Just because you didn't use it, doesn't mean you didn't know. :rolleyes:

I can honestly say i didn't know they were using if they did  use it they kept that secret from me.. but i dont believe they did but watever can u help me with this shit what can i do so i can actually play the fuking game im not the only one having this problem with ping shit and like i said before i used to averaage 40-140 but usually 80-140

Edited by BabyAstro

The boy lang ge can't connect to asylum with the new network speed requirement kicks in place, him and his entire gang (14k) are having this problem, they play at around 235 - 300ms, if this is in place to 'catch' lag switchers, why not just have a system like olympus' - if someone loses connection (... is losing connection) twice within * amount of time then kick them from the server. 

Edited by Jimbo

Hotfix

• Fixed bugs with loadouts being reloaded.
  • Added Apex DLC ownership checks for Apex vehicle purchases.
  • Fixed another issue with achievements being lost.
  • More improvements to help prevent dropped items from blowing up your vehicles.
  • Weapon magazines and attachments now seize from vehicles.
  • Re-factored police seizing from ground.
  • Added a volume slider in your settings for the optional earplug volume.
5 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Hotfix

• More improvements to help prevent dropped items from blowing up your vehicles.

First

23 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Hotfix

Please add gold back to the fed

31 minutes ago, lharrington said:

please remove the ping limiter,there is allot of people that can't play including myself.

Where do you live, and what is your typical ping to the server?  Most people should not have a problem averaging less than 300 ping to the server.  Honestly, when people have higher than a 300 ping the server performance for them (read this as other people interacting with them) tends to be sub-optimal.  

Just now, bamf said:

Where do you live, and what is your typical ping to the server?  Most people should not have a problem averaging less than 300 ping to the server.  Honestly, when people have higher than a 300 ping the server performance for them (read this as other people interacting with them) tends to be sub-optimal.  

Yeah high ping players lag out and make it difficult to have a decent fight w/them. Keep the limiter and maybe even drop it to 250 ms.