So when is Identity coming out?

19 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Game development takes years especially when its being built from the ground up.  Under normal circumstances (big company, huge dev staff) it would not even have been announced until it was well past the developmental place it is now.

So perhaps that perpetuated the idea of a kickstarter scam?

Just now, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

So perhaps that perpetuated the idea of a kickstarter scam?

A scam would be NOT working on the game. Since they are clearly developing a game they have clearly not performed a scam.  Those who invested invested in the idea of the game, the game will takes years to fully develop. Its from the ground up there was no preexisting game to build off of like Arma ie Dayz (which is still in development 5? years later), or games that we pretty far into development before being released for Alpha sales (which is way to common these days IMO) like Ark, and the list goes on and on.  

6 minutes ago, HotWings said:

A scam would be NOT working on the game. Since they are clearly developing a game they have clearly not performed a scam.  Those who invested invested in the idea of the game, the game will takes years to fully develop. Its from the ground up there was no preexisting game to build off of like Arma ie Dayz (which is still in development 5? years later), or games that we pretty far into development before being released for Alpha sales (which is way to common these days IMO) like Ark, and the list goes on and on.  

I assumed they were using the Arma engine for this, no??  Also as a side note, where about in Dallas are you?  I live in Allen.  Small world.

Edited by Pengfei Xiasheng
1 hour ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

I assumed they were using the Arma engine for this, no??  Also as a side note, where about in Dallas are you?  I live in Allen.  Small world.

The unreal engine. I live in Carrollton

Edited by HotWings
2 hours ago, Pengfei Xiasheng said:

This game was and has been in the works for years.  I've seen the website, an a little of the game play but does anyone know if this is a real game, and when its going to be released?

2 hours ago, Bob Lee said:

didn't they say early in 2017?

2 hours ago, Heidelberg said:

First quarter of 2017.

That is just the "town square module" which is a fraction of the game.

Edited by Frizzy
HotWings likes this
25 minutes ago, Frizzy said:

That is just got the "town square module" which is a fraction of the game.

^ Basically a small Beta

From the website 

GENERAL

What is the expected release date of Identity?
A game as detailed as Identity takes a lot of time and work to produce. We expect a playable beta version to be available in early 2017, although you'll have access to modules sooner. There will be three modules of Identity released before the full game is available.

http://www.identityrpg.com/info/faq/
Edited by HotWings
Frizzy likes this
3 hours ago, Bob Lee said:

didn't they say early in 2017?

The first section I believe said early 2017. You have to remember it's a small dev team it's not some huge conglomerate company with a hundred people working on the game. It started to be funded by kickstarter in January 2015. Feel free to check out the Identity website and forums http://www.identityrpg.com/community/ as well as their twitter for updates https://mobile.twitter.com/identityrpg?lang=en

• 4 years later...

Glad I never bought the Alpha. Always knew the project was way too big for the old Asylum team to handle. To make Identity even remotely possible they would have need extreme financial support and some of the best devs alive. Personally, I think Bohemia Interactive would have been a nice studio to help support the project or all together take over Identity with Asylum more in a consultant role. Rockstar would also be someone that might have been someone able to create something similar, but I think Bohemia would be more suited to take the job. For some reason I never liked Rockstar’s simplistic design, Bohemia is good at making thing complex, easy, realistic and with a more open “sandbox”.
Even then it would be a difficult million-dollar project.
Old Asylum crews thoughts where good and I don’t doubt their sincerity, but the project was always way too much for them to handle.

I know this is old, but im drunk and reading old posts

Doomba and Sheriff Rick like this
  • 3 weeks later...