Jump to content
Aether

Aether here...

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone.

 

Twenty four year old here. I started playing on one of the servers about two weeks ago. The experience here is definitely new for me. I'm just looking to do my time here and observe the atmospheres etc.. very interesting world.

In my short time here I think I have an idea of how things go too, which sort of influences my gameplay. Basically trust no one? Also don't speak in "side" chat?

1. 80% of players you meet will kill/rob you instantly.

2. 10% of players are either a variant of beggar, or are clearly way too gullible hence how many kids I encounter stranded  in the middle of Buttfuck Egypt. Makes me laugh every time. 

3. The last, and my personal favorite are the 10% I meet that want as little to do with me, as I do with them. I'd imagine we are probably all in our twentys as well?  Hats off to those guys.

 

Was I accurate? Anyhow I'm looking forward to the experiences I'll get here. It kind of has that whole ark survival vibe in a way. It'll be fun. Maybe I'll run into some of you on my travels.

Edited by Aether
BioHazard, Google™, Jake and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Heidelberg said:

Welcome. Stay out of Kavala, trust me.

Bruh Ill probably never step foot in that God forsaken place lol.

 

 

 

Edited by Aether

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Aether said:

Hello everyone.

 

Twenty four year old here. I started playing on one of the servers about two weeks ago. The experience here is definitely new for me. I'm just looking to do my time here and observe the atmospheres etc.. very interesting world.

In my short time here I think I have an idea of how things go too, which sort of influences my gameplay. Basically trust no one? Also don't speak in "side" chat?

1. 80% of players you meet will kill/rob you instantly.

2. 10% of players are either a variant of beggar, or are clearly way too gullible hence how many kids I encounter stranded  in the middle of Buttfuck Egypt. Makes me laugh every time. 

3. The last, and my personal favorite are the 10% I meet that want as little to do with me, as I do with them. I'd imagine we are probably all in our twentys as well?  Hats off to those guys.

 

Was I accurate? Anyhow I'm looking forward to the experiences I'll get here. It kind of has that whole ark survival vibe in a way. It'll be fun. Maybe I'll run into some of you on my travels.

You forgot me

Share this post


Link to post

Okay..

 

^ Brendon and his buddies are cool.

Most of the random individuals here and there are cool like... I think his name is dabbyshack?

Its a crapshoot.

 

What I have also learned is that flying a helicopter and not getting into trouble is impossible. 1/3 of the time I get the "message not received for ten seconds" message on my monitor and then everything goes down hill. Just like yesterday with that rollback.

 

Ive already had to replace one Mohawk due to conditions with the games connection. What should I do when that happens?

Brendon Smith likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Heidelberg said:

Welcome. Stay out of Kavala, trust me.

If I remember correctly, I've responded to some of Aether's 911 calls in Sofia so I think he knows that already :P

Anyways, welcome to the community man, hope to see you around again B)

Aether likes this

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Aether said:

Ive already had to replace one Mohawk due to conditions with the games connection. What should I do when that happens?

Take a screenshot where its visible that you are flying and receiving the no connection received. Submit a compensation request and an admin will check up on you and most likely add the lost chopper to your garage.

Aether likes this

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Heidelberg said:

Take a screenshot where its visible that you are flying and receiving the no connection received. Submit a compensation request and an admin will check up on you and most likely add the lost chopper to your garage.

Dude... I love you. No homo I just had to do that five minutes ago. Thank god for shadowplay.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay. 

I posted this question in the APD suggestion box but I'm assuming that isn't the right place to do it.

 

The other day I encountered an individual in who attempted to detain me for questioning about activity that occurred down the street from our location.

I do not recall his name, but he insisted that he was in fact an undercover officer working for the APD. He was driving a bright and colorful hatchback sport and was wearing camo.

When he first approached me and made demands, my first instinct was to unholster my weapon.

In the end I ended up trying to cooperate with him, however there was still a very shady vibe that he carried along with him.

The conversation ended without any issue. However I'm still wondering if he was an undercover at all? I should have asked for a superior or I should have texted the APD in hindsight.

Does the APD employ undercover officers? If so are they aware that they appear to be just as dangerous as any normal civilian? Also with that said any individual can claim to be undercover, how do you distinguish the real vs. the fake without wasting time? 

Shane McCoy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Aether said:

 

Does the APD employ undercover officers? If so are they aware that they appear to be just as dangerous as any normal civilian? Also with that said any individual can claim to be undercover, how do you distinguish the real vs. the fake without wasting time? 

The APD does employ undercover officers.

And yes, they do normally go overboard with the equipment and car choice, but eh.

There are a few ways to see if they're actually undercover.

1) If he restrained you without your hands being over your head, he's undercover.

2) UC officers can show their police rank, tell them to do so.

3) This is what every UC officer hates, but it does work. - Open the map and go to the tab "players" if the color for that player is blue, then he's a cop.

Aether likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Question for the crowd...

 

I find myself flying quite often now.

However I continue to run into this problem of the game "Losing connection for 13-14 seconds"... It happens often enough to cost me quite a lot of money. The engine shuts off and I plummet right into the ground. Still waiting for comp as well but that can wait....

How can I make it go away??

I've tried climbing to an unnecessarily high altitude so hopefully I can recover the plane after a dive... but even then its just a band-aid for the real problem because even then eventually I have to land etc..

I also have an issue where sometimes when a plane is spawned I can start the engine, but the throttle is stuck(?) and I'm unable to taxi at all. It happens the most right after I've landed it and trying to start it back up. Sometimes it even just spawns like that. 

Check out the screenshot(s)...

http://imgur.com/a/I8v09

http://imgur.com/a/cb9IY

http://imgur.com/a/hJQ7n

Edited by Aether
Adding material

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Aether said:

Question for the crowd...

 

I find myself flying quite often now.

However I continue to run into this problem of the game "Losing connection for 13-14 seconds"... It happens often enough to cost me quite a lot of money. The engine shuts off and I plummet right into the ground. Still waiting for comp as well but that can wait....

How can I make it go away??

I've tried climbing to an unnecessarily high altitude so hopefully I can recover the plane after a dive... but even then its just a band-aid for the real problem because even then eventually I have to land etc..

I also have an issue where sometimes when a plane is spawned I can start the engine, but the throttle is stuck(?) and I'm unable to taxi at all. It happens the most right after I've landed it and trying to start it back up. Sometimes it even just spawns like that. 

Check out the screenshot(s)...

http://imgur.com/a/I8v09

http://imgur.com/a/cb9IY

http://imgur.com/a/hJQ7n

I've tried looking around, but I can't find any fix.

My two cents is try a different server, if you're losing connection on 4 try 3.

As for the bugged airplane, Submit a report to http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/78-exploitbug-reporting/

See if someone will fix it.

Edited by Shane McCoy
Aether likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to try port forwarding and perhaps that might make a difference? I just have to fix that connection issue, as for that weird taxi bug I'll record it and try sending it in.

Share this post


Link to post

Update: Port forwarding helped a little bit,  however I think I'm going to adjust the video settings and see what happens then. As of right now I still have that connection issue. :/

 

Video coming soon of the taxi problems. Cost me 3,000 every damn time lol.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2016 at 10:51 AM, Aether said:

1. 80% of players you meet will kill/rob you instantly.

2. 10% of players are either a variant of beggar, or are clearly way too gullible hence how many kids I encounter stranded  in the middle of Buttfuck Egypt. Makes me laugh every time. 

3. The last, and my personal favorite are the 10% I meet that want as little to do with me, as I do with them. I'd imagine we are probably all in our twentys as well?  Hats off to those guys.

State your citations to these statistics

Share this post


Link to post

I've nothing nothing to support that lol.^

 

I do have good news though!

I found out why I couldn't taxi. 

I use a HOTAS for flying instead of a keyboard. Sometimes especially after I land the plane forgets there is even input coming from my throttle lever.

Turns out on the keyboard there is a button for increased thurst(i didn't know this....) this button being the shift key. So if my lever doesn't work I simply use the shift key haha.

Still need to solve that damned connection issue though. The game seems to like my buzzard just fine but for some reason hates the BTT with a passion. :huh: 

Share this post


Link to post

Okay

 

So I have good news and bad news.

Good news is I've finally hit prestige.(Yay!)

Bad news is that due to my playing style I kind of felt like I've hit endgame. (Boo!)

 

I don't know what to do with myself, all I have been doing is flying "product" runs for the fun of it. Now I don't know what to do with myself?

This entire time since I've started I have also only killed one person. Just one. Like I don't have that crazy violent gang mentality. I also don't understand why cartels..etc are so important to everyone.

I haven't thought about gangs either. Since most of my time is entirely solo I have no idea what perks I would get from joining a gang. Any?

Help me out if you could guys, I think I need to find a new avenue/playstyle here. What to do?

 

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Aether said:

Okay

 

So I have good news and bad news.

Good news is I've finally hit prestige.(Yay!)

Bad news is that due to my playing style I kind of felt like I've hit endgame. (Boo!)

 

I don't know what to do with myself, all I have been doing is flying "product" runs for the fun of it. Now I don't know what to do with myself?

This entire time since I've started I have also only killed one person. Just one. Like I don't have that crazy violent gang mentality. I also don't understand why cartels..etc are so important to everyone.

I haven't thought about gangs either. Since most of my time is entirely solo I have no idea what perks I would get from joining a gang. Any?

Help me out if you could guys, I think I need to find a new avenue/playstyle here. What to do?

 

 

You sorta have to make your own fun. For me it's just having funny interactions with other people, for others its gang wars. Find what you like to do. You'll also find that money leaves quickly. 

For example, yesterday we kidnapped a group of jahova witnesses who were all named "Brother [name]" It was an interesting experience that ended in them killing a lot of people for being non believers.

Also where you said "I don't understand cartels...why are they so important to everyone" Well honestly they're not important, they generate money which you have to share with your whole gang. But that's not the point, the fun is taking and holding those cartels from all the other gangs.

You have to make your own fun, that's the point of RP servers.

Aether likes this

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Aether said:

Okay

 

So I have good news and bad news.

Good news is I've finally hit prestige.(Yay!)

Bad news is that due to my playing style I kind of felt like I've hit endgame. (Boo!)

 

I don't know what to do with myself, all I have been doing is flying "product" runs for the fun of it. Now I don't know what to do with myself?

This entire time since I've started I have also only killed one person. Just one. Like I don't have that crazy violent gang mentality. I also don't understand why cartels..etc are so important to everyone.

I haven't thought about gangs either. Since most of my time is entirely solo I have no idea what perks I would get from joining a gang. Any?

Help me out if you could guys, I think I need to find a new avenue/playstyle here. What to do?

 

When you start playing with other people, things start to get funny by itself, what they do and say is what will make you want to play. Also hitting prestige is not just that, you can start trying to overcome the money cap, you need to gather 10 million prestige (a bit more but not sure about the maths right now) So you don't have money cap, fill your garages with 50 cals. a couple hatchbacks, and lots of ifrits and just drive around in them.

 

Start the killing spree (with proper engagement) and feel the (kind of) adrenaline of being chasing by the police. Join a gang or make one of your on and try to make money from Cartels, and fight for them (so you start losing money too and feel the need to grind more). 

Fill a Hemmet Box, with Mk's and Mags bring it to Kavala and look the madness happening. If you are old enough Join the APD and have fun talking with people and dying in car crashes like you never have.

 

There is still a lot to do, this game mode (RPG) doesn't has properly a end, so its up to you to create stuff to make things happen.

 

Another cool thing to do is RP as a Treasure Hunter, buying and selling house to see what you can get as profit (only the one's available at the market :D) 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...