Change log 7.9.0

bamf

Just now, CrossFade said:

how so? i bet theres alot of cops who feel the same.

Complaining about something that was added because cops where to fucking lazy and then complain more when it is fixed to do what it was originally intended to do without the added exploits and bugs that where mentioned since it was added. (Dont know how neither of you didnt hear about it) So yes he is a fucking idiot.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Complaining about something that was added because cops where to fucking lazy and then complain more when it is fixed to do what it was originally intended to do without the added exploits and bugs that where mentioned since it was added. (Dont know how neither of you didnt hear about it) So yes he is a fucking idiot.

you sir are a douche.

Cynica and Phil. like this
Just now, Midamaru said:

So everytime someone comes to turn themselfs in.. i gotta shoot them in the face? :( So cruel..

If its possible to restrain surrendered players that would be great, that way we don't always have to be violent.

Please see 1 post up...

Edit:  "OK sir, please place your hands behind your back."  

See how I turned this into an RP fix?  Yay us!

Bama and Sandwich like this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

It's a good patch.  The rap sheet though is going to lead to robocopping though, any cop who just wants arrest money can just listen to your story and be like "Well, I see you've committed crimes in the past, so i'm just gonna give you a full ticket" and that'll work for mostly any bounty as every civ is generally committing crimes.

Good.

+1

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

It's a good patch.  The rap sheet though is going to lead to robocopping though, any cop who just wants arrest money can just listen to your story and be like "Well, I see you've committed crimes in the past, so i'm just gonna give you a full ticket" and that'll work for mostly any bounty as every civ is generally committing crimes.

I agree it might get rid of wiggle room for Civs to RP there stories. But can also create some new RP.

1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

If you remember, the old ticket guide system had it where if someone committed a crime more than once, after they were already charged or arrested it would double or build into straight to jail (mainly to shut down the trolls)...

With that being said, I feel like the rap sheet is about 1.5-2 years to late. 

4 hours ago, bamf said:

7.9.0: Rap Sheet

We are now storing your criminal history for the APD to view in game.  They can view the crimes you have been jailed, paid a ticket for, or turned yourself in at a courthouse for the last 24 hours - as well as the last week.  The list updates roughly every five (5) minutes, so it's not 100% real time.  

To access the criminal records system, the APD officer must be sitting in the driver seat of a vehicle.  Scroll wheel and look for the blue menu item.  

There are other things we have planned for this data in the future as well.  Hopefully we will have that ready for you shortly.  

Other misc. features and bug fixes: (The following was written entirely by Gnashes, not me)

• Checking Vehicle registration will now prevent vehicles from de-spawning
  • The speed camera hint wording has been tweaked
  • Players can now press "U" to open any unlocked door in the world. (It will still lock/unlock your own house doors)
  • Players will no longer receive a confirmation option when kicked from a gang
  • The Police Restrain Hotkey now only works on downed or surrendered players
  • Tilde no longer requires you to hold the key down. A 5 second period of name~y-ness will now follow each tilde press
  • Police officers will get a confirmation when ticketing or pardoning a player on parole
  • Your body should no longer continue performing its last action prior to being downed when you awake
  • Cartel Progress bars are now one layer higher. Other actions will show semi-transparent below the cartel bar
  • Police officers will no longer lose control of their vehicles when notified of guard duty
  • Captains no longer have to unhide their rank in order for players they revive to have no debuff
  • The Federal Reserve may be robbed regardless of the current number of online cops provided enough were online when it started
  • Vehicle Garages have reduced the distance from which they will fetch your vehicles upon storage
  • Pulling unconscious players from a vehicle will no longer automatically lock the vehicle
  • Undercover Pilot Coveralls will now correctly stay CSAT colored
  • Undercover officers wearing Pilot Coveralls may change into Police Coveralls by showing their rank within a vehicle (and visa-versa)
  • Anyone within a gang may access the Turf Clothing Shop and Turf Market. The Turf Market has been adjusted slightly accordingly
  • Player names with special characters will be significantly less likely to break formatted messages, hints, and alerts
  • Police officers who are downed, restrained, or surrender will no longer continue to stop the bank drill
  • The Prison Auxillary Power marker has been changed to a less blue color
  • "Gather Heroin" now correctly says "Gather Opium" in the heroin field
  • Fixed various exploits

Please thank @Gnashes for all his work on this patch.  He's doing tons of quality of life stuff behind the scenes for the community.  

We are knocking out a few final bugs with the patch.  We hope to have this out tonight, but it may be tomorrow before we release the update.  

Is it possible for this patch to be applied to Tanoa aside from the prison changes? Hate having to stock up on pilot coveralls and carrier lites to bounty hunt

massi likes this

" We are now storing your criminal history for the APD to view in game.  They can view the crimes you have been jailed, paid a ticket for, or turned yourself in at a courthouse for the last 24 hours - as well as the last week.  The list updates roughly every five (5) minutes, so it's not 100% real time"

As @Killswitch said above, I too feel like this is long overdue, however as a few people have said, it could reduce the "wiggle room" for civilians to role play. I would hate to have been on Civ yesterday night, do a bank or a fed maybe a few man slaughters, and the next morning or afternoon, an officer could tell me that I have a history of it and not let me RP my way out of it to the fullest extent. 

I think the rap sheet lasts too long.I think it should be made to last at Most 3 resets. But if If it was up to me, once the island resets, the rap sheet should refresh.  The trolls can be dealt with in a 3 hour span. I don't think if someone wants to troll for a few hours they should be punished for it once they come back on hours later after dinner or something. I just see more room for "Robo copping" having the Rap sheet last for an entire day. 

For example: If someone trolls a few hours in the morning, and gets a pretty decent rap sheet, then what happens later that night if they decide to go do some mining and shoot someone in self defense? When the officer shows up and says you have a bad history of manslaughter wouldn't that just remove the room for the civ to RP?

Just a thought. I like the idea of the  Rap sheet, I just think it lasts too long. 

1 hour ago, Killswitch said:

If you remember, the old ticket guide system had it where if someone committed a crime more than once, after they were already charged or arrested it would double or build into straight to jail (mainly to shut down the trolls)...

With that being said, I feel like the rap sheet is about 1.5-2 years to late. 

That's a little bit different than all your prior charges being saved.  The system ( In current state ) gives too much power to any officer who wants to robocop someone.  I might of been killing people and got arrested and now i'm mining and I have to kill one or two people in self defense, i'm going to be essentially being punished for the same crimes over and over which isn't very fun or fair.  It will make RP boring when all an officer has to say is something along the lines of "Based on your prior charges, you've shown you cannot be trusted and i'll be giving you a full ticket" which is exactly what will happen and that will dull out civ and cop interactions.  

It would be much more fair if it only saved crimes committed in the span of one restart or two and that would also be a much more accurate profile of what that player has been doing. Hell, I can be best buddies with police or killing them in just one day as well as last week.

Any news on fixing virtual items dissapearing on relogs, not too much of a pain in the ass since if you keep your inventory weight at 90, your items wont dissapear but anything higher and they will dissapear. Its just unfortunate when I do carry over 90 for a short time period and that happens to be when a battle eye kick happens or something causing me to lose everything