Why Sandwich gives the best Mock Ride Alongs

Ron Johnson

38 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

real ride alongs yes, mock ride alongs dont require anything and can be done by anyone above cadet

Well, not really. We are actually instructed not to allow people to record mock ride-alongs. Thing is: they were obviously not in a mock or in a real ride-along. They were simply having fun or finding a better way to deal with that big list of questions. That's what I like to call 'innovating'. Couldn't be more proud of you, @Sandwich.

<3

1 minute ago, BlackShot said:

Well, not really. We are actually instructed not to allow people to record mock ride-alongs. Thing is: they were obviously not in a mock or in a real ride-along. They were simply having fun or finding a better way to deal with that big list of questions. That's what I like to call 'innovating'. Couldn't be more proud of you, @Sandwich.

<3

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you ^_^

2 hours ago, BlackShot said:

<3

I find that kind of funny considering how many leaked documents with all the answers are out there. The questions have yet to change. Weird you guys go through all that extra trouble

20 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

I find that kind of funny considering how many leaked documents with all the answers are out there. The questions have yet to change. Weird you guys go through all that extra trouble

As from what I remember from my mock and real ride-alongs (when I was a cadet), the questions have always been very similar. At the end of the day, the most important thing as a police officer, to pass your ride-along, is to know the rules. The questions are here to give a hand for both guys: the one doing the mock and the one taking the mock. There's nothing special about the questions, they are all inspired on the guidebook.

I didn't know they had been leaked (I actually guessed it), but I don't see the 'leaked documents' as a trouble, as long as they are being used for the intended purposes: learn the rules. Other than that, ride-alongs (mock or real) are not only based on questions. They also involve role-play, team-play, communication skills etc. With the mock you can simulate all of this, and still you have the advantage to get all of your questions cleared up at the end of the mock.

Edited by BlackShot
12 hours ago, BlackShot said:

As from what I remember from my mock and real ride-alongs (when I was a cadet), the questions have always been very similar. At the end of the day, the most important thing as a police officer, to pass your ride-along, is to know the rules. The questions are here to give a hand for both guys: the one doing the mock and the one taking the mock. There's nothing special about the questions, they are all inspired on the guidebook.

I didn't know they had been leaked (I actually guessed it), but I don't see the 'leaked documents' as a trouble, as long as they are being used for the intended purposes: learn the rules. Other than that, ride-alongs (mock or real) are not only based on questions. They also involve role-play, team-play, communication skills etc. With the mock you can simulate all of this, and still you have the advantage to get all of your questions cleared up at the end of the mock.

I agree, I just thought it was weird that they really do enforce the NO RECORDING in order to try to hide the questions and then you have the same people leaking the documents lol :D 

BlackShot likes this
  • 3 years later...